Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE

• Rare is going to ruin the game charging $40 for a boat livery. $10 for an animal. i play this game for no micro transactions, now you over price the ones you do implement? who in their right mind is gonna pay $40 real bucks for a cheesy banjo livey set? seriously rare you dropped the ball. lower prices or im gone, im 50 50 50 50 40 and i will never play again. greed kills games.

Views
  • @posterboyxxx101 Buddy just don't buy it, idk what to tell you but if enough people don't do it it will have to lower in price. It's not like it affects gameplay having a blue and yellow ship.

• @posterboyxxx101 where is it $10 for a pet? Its closer to $5. With your kind of attitude, you wont be missed. Theres the door. The prices are not that bad, for $35 i got the banjo kazooie ship, (not collectors, but thats for another pay day :D), I got a pet, pet clothes, and an emote that i wanted. Thats a fair price if I saw one.

• @jc-yukaze said in Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE:

@posterboyxxx101 Buddy just don't buy it, idk what to tell you but if enough people don't do it it will have to lower in price. It's not like it affects gameplay having a blue and yellow ship.

True, but the thing is, lots of people bought stuff today already, I for example bought almost everthing, I just dont have every variant of the pets.

And for topic creator, then dont buy it. YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY IT, its just cosmetics.

• So if the ship sets are selling I see no reason why RARE should change the price lol.

• @posterboyxxx101 How about "not buying" stuff?

And who are you trying to impress with "50 50 50 50 40"?

• Dude, the pets are optional! No one is forcing you to buy one. Rare can charge whatever they want because it's their game.

• Oh no! I am sure the whole staff rushed back to the office during the night to change prices after hearing your threats of leaving the game.

Go hunt ancient skeletons and get your currency that way and stop whining.

• 50/50/50/50/40?

Sounds to me like you’ve more then got your moneys worth from this game.

• @posterboyxxx101 said in Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE:

Rare is going to ruin the game charging $40 for a boat livery. $10 for an animal. i play this game for no micro transactions, now you over price the ones you do implement? who in their right mind is gonna pay $40 real bucks for a cheesy banjo livey set? seriously rare you dropped the ball. lower prices or im gone, im 50 50 50 50 40 and i will never play again. greed kills games.

who in their right mind is gonna pay $40 real bucks for a cheesy banjo livey set?

People who actually have money to spend, probably... Not people who live on the edge of poverty from paycheck to paycheck.

I don't think microtransactions are intended for people who have no money to spend, you know, seeing as you need money to do microtransactions.

Also, you don't need to use money to get stuff from the shop... You can get ancient coins from farming rare skeleton spawns ingame... They look like gold skeletons, with a sack of golden coins strapped to their back, they're not slow like most gold skellies though, they run fast, and they run away from the player.

So keep an eye out for those. ;)

There is no need for a knee-jerk response, matey, just keep calm, and do some research before complaining. ;)

• @posterboyxxx101 Rare have been 100% honest and transparent about their intentions when it comes to paid cosmetics. They mentioned that they were coming before the game was even released.

That being said, all paid options are purely cosmetic and don't make you stronger/better/faster, you can see what you are buying before you make any purchase and, as mentioned already, there is the possibility of being able to collect some of the currency by defeating the Ancient Skeletons.

• I agree that the prices are way too high, but the simple fix is to just not buy the cosmetics 🤷🏻‍♂️

• A completely optional, and ultimately irrelevant,
    cosmetic being priced more than you wish it to be is going to ruin this game?
    Just ignoring it and playing the game without it is not an option?

1. Chill, you're not forced to buy these things;
    2. a pet costs like 6 dollars, i think it's pretty cheap...there are games where you need to pay 20 dollars for a skin.
  • Heres where i think they messed up:
    If they are trying to make money..
    They should have made the initial pet 500, thrn each color maybe 100 a peice on top of that instead of 500 for each variant.
    Why? Because i would have actually shelled out the money for 1k worth of coins to get an animal and the color choices. Now im just spending enough to get the one pet and just stick with the one color. No way am i spending 2500 coins for the color variations.
    Other than that the prices are about what i had expected, and yes, its all optional...
    I think they would have got more people to spend more the way i described it though..maybe not..shrugs

• This. I feel ultimately making some things a little cheaper would encourage spending. I mean I'll probably buy one pet. That's it. Price point is a little too high for me.

• I agree with much of the sentiment here. The cost for items are much too high. I want to support you guys in your continued development, but the entire ship set costs almost as much as the game. I was excited about the prospect of the emporium until I saw the pricing. Now at most I might buy one pet and nothing more. Even the pet might be too much.

• @posterboyxxx101 I dont think it runs the game in any sense. It just means that most of us wont spend the money on their cosmetics. Lower the prices by half and it might get more people to partake.

• Rare developed a great game for us to play for free as part of Game Pass, update it regularly, support the player base by listening to our feedback and taking it on board, yet when they add one small component to the game that people have been pretty excited for, said we would be willing to pay for to give back to the hard work the developers put in, you squabble over the price??

Cough up a bit of pay and congratulate them on the brilliant job they do of continuing to support the game...

• @posterboyxxx101 its not like they do it on every update..all of them up tol noe have been free!! Every other game thats worth while to play, charge money to get stuff. So like those games if you dont want to spend the money, then dont buy the cosmetics. Plain and simple. The cosmetics dont take anything away from the gameplay anyway!

• @triheadedmonkey said in Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE:

"there is the possibility of being able to collect some of the currency by defeating the Ancient Skeletons."

Yeah but to find the ancient Skeletons is rare no? I do not even know how much you gain if you slain one. That being said, man this is just cosmetic, isn't gonna break the game... you are not forced to buy it... but I just agree that for, at least me the price is a little bit expansive (I live in Brazil for exemple here the price is expansive for a pet =(

• @sweltering-nick man i have over 4000 hours in the last 2 nba2k games, i know micro transactions well and i spend well, you ppl defending it insane, nomatter how much you make or have $34 us for a corny boat set is terrible. sorry i offended you BETAS

• @posterboyxxx101 All you Betas need to relax, the games microtransaction are stupid, and if you buy the set you have issue, im sure youre trying to fit in and be liked but there are other ways guys. and were not all from the usa the price you see is more to other countries. and 40 each limited edition set, [Mod edit]

• I dislike the prices and this is the first time I am posting about it. I just figured maybe one more person that has played since beta might should chime in. I don't see prices changing for a long time, but here you go.

+1 for the prices are expensive.

• @posterboyxxx101 Familiarize yourself with the forum rules...
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/97111/sea-of-thieves-community-code-of-conduct-forum-rules

• @posterboyxxx101 your upset because you don’t wanna spend money on an item that you don’t have to buy? On an item that literally is cosmetic? No one is forcing you to purchase anything. Generally when I go grocery shopping I look at the generic pepper and branded pepper and weigh my pros and cons. Then I put them back and say you know what I don’t need pepper.

• @posterboyxxx101 Ahoy matey!

Please be careful with the language you are using, it is very much against the forum rules to use derogatory language towards other members of the community and some of your posts have come across as training to bait these groups into replying.

I can completely see you have an argument that you would like to get across but please do it with some civility and decorum.

Your help is much appreciated!

• Yea! And if I don’t get more cannon balls I’m gone too!

• @posterboyxxx101

At least it's not pay to win or gambling mechanics. The beautiful Bear and Bird ship is entirely optional and I'll gladly pay a bit of a higher price for something I'm not having to gamble for. It's a one time buy.

The best part is that you don't have to buy it to play the game like everyone else, so you're just overreacting. Go check out Duke's Black Market or any of the Outpost shops if you're looking for cosmetics that you don't need to pay real money for.

• Prices for pets are fine. The other stuff is a bit high, but I bought the emotes so I shouldn't complain too much.

The ship however is outrageous. I'm a HUGE Banjo-Kazooie fan, but if somebody like me doesn't buy that set I feel like they need to lower the prices. I really want to buy it, but that price makes it very easy not to.

• @chronodusk said in Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE:

At least it's not pay to win

I beg to differ. That cute macaw is an instant win for me.

• @talriaen that's more than half of the price of the game.

• @arnaud-demer said in Ancient Coin Prices are INSANE:

@talriaen that's more than half of the price of the game.

The thread is over 7 months old and the game is still here and doing just fine. Several of us have purchased multiple pets and livery sets. They are optional and do not give anyone an advantage.

Views
34 out of 37