So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Tavern Sign ;-)

• Greetings again shipmates!

Back from my long voyage at sea. While on that voyage I started a new project. A Sea of Thieves Tavern Sign 3D model!

Many thanks to @lizalaroo for the assistance. She pointed me to the right official video with the Kraken Tavern Sign...I had found the Drowned Rat Tavern Sign in another official video. So...with one other image of lizalaroo's own sign in hand I set sail! This is a work in progress but thought I'd toss a few message bottles into the waves to see what input I might find ;-)

The inspiration...

alt text
    alt text
    alt text

...and the work in progress
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

As noted it's a work in progress...lots still to do and I still have a belt buckle going...never enough time ;-)

Fire at will! :-D

Views
  • @specialadvisor Indeed! Never enough hours in the day! Looking good for starters though. :D
    I love the 'Drowned Rat' sign. Might make me that one in the future.

• @specialadvisor Oooooh matey! Its looking promising already... keep up the good work. Keep us updated as it progresses. It's about time our very talented @lizalaroo had some competition ;)

• @musicmee Didn't know it was a competition! :P

• @lizalaroo said in So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Tavern Sign ;-):

@specialadvisor Indeed! Never enough hours in the day! Looking good for starters though. :D
    I love the 'Drowned Rat' sign. Might make me that one in the future.

Yup! This will be basically a sign template. I was going to start with Kraken but then the wide seas are the only limit! I'm already chewing the bone for the name of my very own tavern... :-D

@musicmee Didn't know it was a competition! :P

This is no competition! It's a solid bit of team work...all hand on deck! @lizalaroo! :-D

• @specialadvisor said

I'm already chewing the bone for the name of my very own tavern... :-D

Ooooh yeah fab idea!

• @lizalaroo thanks shipmate!

I'm the belt buckle master at arms. So there will certainly be one made with this design. I also do have a CNC for wood carving so a full size sign is not 'completely' out of the question :-D

• @specialadvisor I am excited to see others get the 'making' bug.
    There are so many things on my 'to make' list it's hard choosing what to make next!

@specialadvisor I am excited to see others get the 'making' bug.
    There are so many things on my 'to make' list it's hard choosing what to make next!

No question for me...as soon as I am allowed to get screen shots I'll be modeling the fish skeleton :-D

• @specialadvisor I should check gameplay from E3 or Gamescom. I'm pretty sure the fish skeleton has been seen before as its a feature of the Captains cabin. :D
    Also there is another thread here of @Kantyran making it.

• Nice, by the looks you are doing this in Blender. I have quite some time without making something to show the community. Lately I have been working on a player and it seems to have turned out quite well, the model at least. I rigged it and ported it to Mixamo to not do the animations manually as I wanted to see how it was basically going to look.
    Though good luck with this and hope it turns out great. It is looking nice already.

• I love this!
    Can't wait to see the finished version, these kind of physical fan projects are my favourite.

@specialadvisor I should check gameplay from E3 or Gamescom. I'm pretty sure the fish skeleton has been seen before as its a feature of the Captains cabin. :D
    Also there is another thread here of @Kantyran making it.

True...but for me to do it up right I need a bunch of reference images from all angles...I can wait till after the NDA and screen caps are authorized. I still have a myriad of signs and buckles to keep me occupied till then :-)

• @death-sword22 said in So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Tavern Sign ;-):

Nice, by the looks you are doing this in Blender. I have quite some time without making something to show the community. Lately I have been working on a player and it seems to have turned out quite well, the model at least. I rigged it and ported it to Mixamo to not do the animations manually as I wanted to see how it was basically going to look.
    Though good luck with this and hope it turns out great. It is looking nice already.

Thanks shipmate!

Nope. Not Blender. I use a combination of Aspire (a 3D CNC software), zBrush, MeshMixer, and a few others in my workflow. I found Blender a bit too fiddly for my taste. Course I spent hours hand tracing this with my iPad Pro to get the vectors to start it all...woof that was a chore.

• @specialadvisor Nice work so far! and yes I agree, never enough time! The "boring adult" part of life always gets in the way, can't wait to see more!

• Amazing idea can't wait to see the finished project.

• @SpecialAdvisor looks nice! Can't wait to see the finished model

• @clumsy-george said in So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Tavern Sign ;-):

@specialadvisor
    Waw , great work in progress...i wonder how it will turn not when it's finished.
    Personally , i'm more a fan of The George and Kraken ( * Why you, egocentric piece of...- Watch out for the Banhammer , Sunshine!), it has better accomodation and cleaner tankards ,cleaned with the Tavern Maid's spit...Nah, just joking...It will turn out great ...But...i love Mrs.Lizalaroo's Original too , well actually just that little bitty more but i can't seem to remember why ;)

Well...I can certainly understand that sentiment! :-D

...but wait for it...wait for it ;-)

• alt text

@Clumsy-George...looking a bit more familiar now? ;-)

...that having been said, work will abruptly stop for a few hours here shortly. I mean I've only had one rather short opportunity to plant my feet on a deck in Sea of Thieves! I might need another here in the not to distant future :-D

• @specialadvisor https://www.seaofthieves.com/playsession 1hr and 10 mins and counting :D

• alt text
    alt text

...and under the wire with 1 minute to spare!!! :-D

Still need to drag it into zBrush for some extra 'character' but I think it's a good start for a template :-D

• ...and another one done. The venerable Drowned Rat!
    Guess I need to 3D print one of these off for a test :-D

alt text

• @specialadvisor Yes. 3D print is a must :)

• Looking really good! I like the bevels on the edges of the boards :)

• Looking good! I’d have no idea where to begin with something like that!!!

• Greetings fellow pirates! Still around...just been darn busy. This project shall still carry on...maybe just a bit slower for a short while :-)

• @specialadvisor

Take your time. We will all be here when it's finished I'm sure. :)

• Well...the day has finally arrived! I am doing a test print of "The George & the Kraken" Tavern Sign today! Looking at about a 7 hour print time.

An interesting side note...the filament of the sign is Terrestrial Tan...and made partially from sea algae! How oceanic! :-D

• @specialadvisor So looking forward to seeing your creation me matey!
    (imworkingonashipswheelnext:D)

• @specialadvisor How this comes out will affect my decision to buy a 3D printer or not... so it's all in your hands!

• @lizalaroo excellent! Can't wait to see it.

I'm going to have to purchase the art book...though I'd prefer it digitally. I just cannot pass up on all that reference material. I see a ship's crest model in my future :-D

• @musicmee said in So....... I'm making me a 3D modeled Tavern Sign ;-):

@specialadvisor How this comes out will affect my decision to buy a 3D printer or not... so it's all in your hands!

The pressure.....THE PRESSURE!!! ;-)

I absolutely love my Ultimaker 2E+ It's the next best thing to a Star Trek replicator.

• Very early in the process but an "Insider" certainly would note the outline :-D

alt text

• Aarggh,

Damm mate! thats looking nice already!

good luck ;)

Views
2 out of 71