Ship Spawns

• I find it exciting to get into dogfights with other ships, and I don't even mind being attacked when I'm about to start a raid, but when you finally win after a 20 minute long battle and you've run low on resources, tbe same ship is back on you once again because they spawned a fresh ship with lots of supplies and they easily take you.

I personally believe your boat should be respawned in an etirely new world, ot at least much further away, otherwise raids become pointless of you can't come to an agreement with the other pirates (which is totally fine if you can't, by the way.)

Views
  • Yep, This is one of the major issues that really need to get fixed.

I really hope Rare saw my suggestion of when a ship sinks the crew will go to another server and that server (The server that the ship sank in) will get open slots for more crew to join in the server.

• Well heres another story. Started a raid with a buddy and me, on a sloop, attacked by another sloop while raiding, destoryed them, continues raiding, attacked by galleon with four people, defeat them, the galleon comes back after we finish the raid and we lose most of what we got.

Ridiculous that they can just come back like that. If I lost, I would expect to not come back. Start something new. These changes need made soon or the game won't last the next month.

• Sending a sunk ship to a new server means that ship loses everything g it worked for, be it the raid or several voyages worth of loot. This would be far more harmful to those getting griefed. Just spawn the ship further away.

• @cptncuttlefish said in Ship Spawns:

Sending a sunk ship to a new server means that ship loses everything g it worked for, be it the raid or several voyages worth of loot. This would be far more harmful to those getting griefed. Just spawn the ship further away.

If your ship is sunk than you need to accept your loot is gone. I do not believe you should be able to come back and fight again. You had your fight and lost.

• @middlexi but it's not gone, just on another ship, a ship you can still board and sink if your quick and skilled enough. Nothing is over until loot is turned in.

• @cptncuttlefish said in Ship Spawns:

@middlexi but it's not gone, just on another ship, a ship you can still board and sink if your quick and skilled enough. Nothing is over until loot is turned in.

That mentality is why people are complaining. I just used a bunch of resources to sink you. You get a stocked ship and come right back. The second time I sink you I get nothing. Let alone the 10th time. It just becomes annoying to the person who won.

• Sorry your ship sank, your loot is gone. That is what it should be

• @middlexi that's why you spawn them further away, not at the island where they just got sunk. Otherwise, what's stopping me from stocking up a galleon, getting my crew together, and destroying anyone who dares enter my server? Where's the fun in that? People already complain that there's not enough to do, that pvp is few and far in between, now you want to limit that further by taking away the human element? No thanks. Spawn them three islands away. That grants enough time to gather the goods and get out.

• @cptncuttlefish i would say zero supplies and farther away would be easier for rare. However there needs to be a downside to sinking and dying. But there isn't much if you aren't carrying loot. Let's face it most people don't fight over something when they have decent loot. You can crash your ship into the people doing the fort over and over. Sadly once they are out of boards and take a hit they go down. Then it comes to luck for their spawn and if the captain is up or will be up in a wave or two. Persistence and luck tends to win over skill.

• @wickd-gamr that's understandable, but the solution isn't sending them to a brand new server. I can agreen in a reduction of supplies. It would force the crew to spend time gathering before heading out, and even weaken them when they get spawned at an island that's already been looted.

• @walkedsauce0 so if I get beaten down on the street and have my wallet stolen I should move to a new state and start a new life? Cause that's what you propose.

• @cptncuttlefish except news flash, buddy... this is a game.
    Also, when you get beaten up on the street, you don't wind up in the next building with a new car and a baseball bat.

• I have the easiest solution for this. We see it in all other MMO's. the Skull Forts should be Instanced. some manner of warp or whatever needs to occur, that way it's just your team doing the fort. Then, when you complete it, you respawn somewhere, could be anywhere, but obviously not at an outpost, that would be too easy, just somewhere. That way, when you see a random ship, you have no way of knowing whether they've done a skull fort or not. Everybody is equal then.
    I only add to this, that they need adjustments to party size. I know that sometimes teams like to work together, now I wouldn't mind it instancing single ships, but i would like to see a more comprehensive system that allows you to create parties of various sizes. This way, you are free to instance, let's say up to 10 players per fort, but all must arrive together, and accept the crew selections, or they instance alone.

• @walkedsauce0 I'm in agreement with you. I lose a fight I expect to get reinstanced. We had beaten a total of 4 ships for the Skull Fort but they all came back for revenge even when there was no loot for them. This revenge situation isn't good for gameplay IMO.

A: if i was killed I would want revenge as these guys did despite the loot. However I feel like i should be encouraged to move on and start a new quest.

B: The close spawns encourage this "revenge for no reason" attitude.

C: as far as balance goes... how does fully stocking a ship and spawning it terribly close balance with a ship that has won four fights and is depleted?

• @middlexi said in Ship Spawns:

@cptncuttlefish said in Ship Spawns:

Sending a sunk ship to a new server means that ship loses everything g it worked for, be it the raid or several voyages worth of loot. This would be far more harmful to those getting griefed. Just spawn the ship further away.

If your ship is sunk than you need to accept your loot is gone. I do not believe you should be able to come back and fight again. You had your fight and lost.

Revenge is one of the most

• @walkedsauce0 ok then, I'll use a video game as an example. When playing capture the flag on your favorite shooter, is the game over when the flag is taken, or when it's turned in? Should you be unable to fight to get your flag back, or do you just give up?

If this game were more like an arena type like pubg or fortnite, I would totally agree with you, but it's not. I agree something needs to be done about it, but sending a spawn point to a new server is not the way to do it.

• @tank-stavin I don't agree with this, only because I've had interesting interactions when playing with other crews while doing a fort. We were the only galleon there and three sloop showed up. My trigger happy crew open fired but they overwelmed us. When we came back, we worked together with the sloop and everyone had a good time, defeating the fort quickly. Forts can go both ways, being either a pvp zone or a fun coop opprtunity.

• @cptncuttlefish but thats not the kind of game we are playing. You're examples don't hold ground here.

• I would definitely be ok with the spawning further away. It does feel like
    Like you succeed at sinking them and they are back in a couple minutes.

I would totally support that suggestion.

• @mintprizma yeah I could get behind it if its much further away, because server migration would definitely be hard to do.

• @walkedsauce0 said in Ship Spawns:

@mintprizma yeah I could get behind it if its much further away, because server migration would definitely be hard to do.

Not just that but if you've done something like hid treasure or the key and then you swap servers you lose it. And those are good and real tactics. I think spawning far enough away gives other players the choice to remain where they are (quest/output/fort) and prepare for your return, hurry and finish their content, or just sail away with what they have.

I've been on both sides. I've been the sunken ship that quickly grabbed a few supplies and sailed right back into the fray and I've been the one who's had to sink ship after ship to keep after the fort. We've had to grab the key and sail away because the two ships we sunk were on the horizon returning.

The battles can be super fun and they are challenging and I've won plenty and lost plenty so I can definitely see the merits of a little more distance.

People have also suggested you respawn with no supplies and need to collect and I think that's a realistic idea as well. That would also delay the return to the battle and give the players a hard choice - time vs how many supplies they want to collect before going back in.

Views
20 out of 22