Lag and server problems

• Tonight my crew and I had a terrible experience on Sea of Thieves. We fought multiple ships that spontaneously sunk without us or anyone else hurting them, one of our crewmates was unable to see the wind after reconnecting, and we had one of our crewmates see water on our ship while another couldn't (which I suspect contributed to the other ships sinking). Because of this we decided to hop servers even though we were in the middle of a fight over a Skull Fort.

On the next server we continued to have issues. I checked and our ping was fine (60-90), but I saw a player fly (he jumped and simply continued going upwards and forwards) for a few seconds before teleporting behind me and killing me, people were eating point blank shotgun blasts (as in they were standing still at a barrel, they were knocked around by the blast, but they were not getting hurt), I was getting bitten by sharks but not taking damage (they were knocking me around), I saw another player surrounded by an entire pack of sharks that could not damage him, I frequently got the hit indicator on enemies that seemed to have not been hit, and twice I killed an enemy despite having no hit indicator.

Throughout all of this both me (pc) and my crewmates (xbox) were experiencing periodic freezes. We would experience them at the same time (we are not playing from the same house) which leads me to believe it is server related. It seems to happen when a nearby player comes back from the ship of the damned, but we are not sure. It usually leads to my xbox crewmates getting kicked.

I do not know for sure what was happening but it felt a lot like the servers were not performing well. This is far from how our usual voyages go, and I hope it is something that is better tomorrow.

Views
  • Me too. Tonight was terrible.
    The server crashed for me a lot of times. Had been kick out to almondbeard so many times. Never experienced nothing like this before.

The other nights were bugs and glitches, tonight server instability.

The weekly server maintenance is calling. Hope they solve the problems with this week patch soon so they can do the maintenance.

• I have similar problems since the last patch.

1. I often stop seeing the wind;
    2. I rubberband all over the place sometimes;
    3. Hits don't seem to always register;
    4. Ping goes from 80 to 300 quite often.

Yesterday was indeed worse than usual, because:

1. Skeletons stopped giving a damn I'm hitting them - they continued shooting me even though I was constantly hitting them with my cutlass;
    2. Wind gone after a couple minutes;
    3. Game crashed on my way to T26 one square away from it :P.

So yeah, improvements all the way it seems.

Best regards,
    Kalantris

• Just As I have stated for about two weeks now.

Server issues, and no response yet. All I am seeing is more people posting about this.

• @kalantris said in Lag and server problems:

I have similar problems since the last patch.

1. I often stop seeing the wind;
    2. I rubberband all over the place sometimes;
    3. Hits don't seem to always register;
    4. Ping goes from 80 to 300 quite often.

Yesterday was indeed worse than usual, because:

1. Skeletons stopped giving a damn I'm hitting them - they continued shooting me even though I was constantly hitting them with my cutlass;
    2. Wind gone after a couple minutes;
    3. Game crashed on my way to T26 one square away from it :P.

So yeah, improvements all the way it seems.

Best regards,
    Kalantris

I forgot about this, but we also ran into the problem of skeletons not getting stunned by our cutlasses. We would swipe at them repeatedly, they would shoot us. We died more to skellies yesterday than we did when we first picked up the game.

Views
3 out of 5