Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?

• It seems weird to HAVE to sink a lot of ai ships each day. IF you play everyday. And it's even worse that the skeleton tools are locked until you do that.

You might play other games too, or just don't have enough free time. And you need luck for crews to group up with you.

What is this?

What happened to the RARE I know?

Views
  • @andreas5524 i agree this event is stressful time wise

• Done all Commendations apart from The "Sloop" & ships that are not here yet.

I have no life. But you should be able to get all the ones you need over a week. Considering EACH battle is 5-7+ Ships to kill. Each battle takes only about 35-40 mins. If you get into a good alliance and have the time when you are playing for the love of god stick around and farm it! Good cash!

• @capt-sharazad

So multiple skeleton ships spawn at the same time?

• @andreas5524 What happened to people putting effort into becoming good at a video game instead of pretending like it’s the devs fault you can’t sink an ai ship?

• you dont need to sink a lot each day, each battle you can snag 12-15 ships possibly. over the three weeks you should be able to unlock everything, minus possibly the weekly ones that require certain crews at certain times due to them being locked to specific times but thats a whole other story

• Um.. you sink like 8 ships per skeleton battle. So.. do the even 5 1/2 times, and you'll get the legendary commendation.

What are you on about? Literally took me a few hours to unlock every commendation. Easy.

• @sytoki

The problem is not that it's hard, it's about that most people doesn't have that much free time. I kill kill skeleton ships, or so I think. (Haven't tried one jet)

• @captian-beetle

I thought it was only one ship a battle

• @andreas5524 not really that hard, I'm at 39 and only did a few... you might even get credit if you join an alliance and don't even partake. You have 2 weeks and 4 days left.

These are 3 harder commendations :
    Getting everyone in your alliance to have the appropriate sail flown ( the wilds, ancient isles, shore of plenty ) when fighting skellie ships in said region... still don't even know where to find those sails...

• @king-brouille said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@andreas5524 not really that hard, I'm at 39 and only did a few... you might even get credit if you join an alliance and don't even partake. You have 2 weeks and 4 days left.

These are 3 harder commendations :
    Getting everyone in your alliance to have the appropriate sail flown ( the wilds, ancient isles, shore of plenty ) when fighting skellie ships in said region... still don't even know where to find those sails...

Then you should do the wanda questline

• @andreas5524 No, the banners at the outposts challenging you are a little misleading. When it says fight the "dancing madman" or whatever east of marauders arch, ots actually a battle against a skeleton fleet of about 8 ships. Definitely get a mic and round up an alliance. 9 players (3 full brigs, or galleon brig and sloop, or some other combo) is a good number. The ships drop loot, with better loot from later waves, watch where the boat sinks and get the stuff. If you want the extra 20 dubloons, finish the journal quest to equip the regional sails. Look up a walkthrough, the in-game instructions are confusing. For your original question I've done 5 fights and I'm already at 39/50 ships sunk for commendation. Good luck

• @andreas5524 said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@captian-beetle

I thought it was only one ship a battle

Don't complain about something you've never experienced for yourself.

• @andreas5524 said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@capt-sharazad

So multiple skeleton ships spawn at the same time?

Yup. 1 to two. they come in "waves" like the Skeleton Forts. a new wave wont start if the previous one is alive.

• These legendary commendations are not even hard compared to that b******t Legendary Gunpowder Plot commendation ill prolly never get.

• The commendations are super easy jesus crist...... What do you want for the commendation?...... Defeat 2 Ships and HEEY TAKE 50 COINS......

I did like 3 or 4 fights and i almost finish both of the legendary commend... 23 - 25 of the alliance one and 35 - 50 for the solo.

Stop complaining and play the game, Cursed Sails its literally the best RARE added to the game by far.

• @chitownsace3 sagte in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

These legendary commendations are not even hard compared to that b******t Legendary Gunpowder Plot commendation ill prolly never get.

You didn’t think far enough

1. Alliance
    2. Skull Fort

Period.

• I don't think so? I won all three battles on Tuesday + did the Wanda questline and had 175 doubloons with 26 ships sunk. Each battle has like 8-10 ships and if you fight them while in an Alliance that contributes to the 25 ships in an Alliance commendation. If you participate in each battle once a week you should be good to go.

Also look for groups in the SoT Official Discord. That helps in finding Brigantine/Galleon/Sloop crewmates to tackle those commendations.

• @sytoki said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@andreas5524 What happened to people putting effort into becoming good at a video game instead of pretending like it’s the devs fault you can’t sink an ai ship?

The problem is that a Rare are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they make these quests easy, people complain. If they make Legendary items easy to get, people complain.

Now they put in difficult elements to the quests people complain, and they put in Legendary ghost ship hulls worth 1/2 million and people complain.

• The Rare I know made me collect dozens of jiggies bananas etc to progress to the next section. I don't know if locking people out of items before killing dozens of ships falls outside of their MO.

• You said about playing other games first, so I'm figuring that's why you might not get them all.

• @shaggy2000 said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@sytoki said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@andreas5524 What happened to people putting effort into becoming good at a video game instead of pretending like it’s the devs fault you can’t sink an ai ship?

If they make these quests easy, people complain. If they make Legendary items easy to get, people complain.

Now they put in difficult elements to the quests people complain, and they put in Legendary ghost ship hulls worth 1/2 million and people complain.

The thing about the legendary ship....is you can't he lazy and get 1.5mil you can't be lazy and get PL (normally) so why were they so lazy making the hull....they literally just recolored a better looking hull....

• @andreas5524

You comment how you haven't even started Cursed Sails.
    So you don't even know how it plays, yet you open a forumpost how the commendations are insane. What's the logic behind that?

IMO the legendary commendations should have been multiplied by 2 or 3, right now they are way too easy. And that's coming from somebody who plays casually

• @ducklol1337 said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@shaggy2000 said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

@sytoki said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

The thing about the legendary ship....is you can't he lazy and get 1.5mil you can't be lazy and get PL (normally) so why were they so lazy making the hull....they literally just recolored a better looking hull....

That's fine, you don't like it, so you don't buy it.

There was a post earlier this week from someone complaining they spent 1/2 million on the ghost ship hull and he didn't like it because it was all black.

Surely he saw the hull before buying it? Surely he saw it was all black? Or perhaps he saw "ghost ship hull" and assumed it would be something that it isn't. And then merrily clicked buy with his eyes shut.

• That commendation is not hard to accomplish once you figure out how to be effective against the skeleton ships.

• @king-deka Thats weird cause skull forts are disabled right now lol

• Legendary Commendations were added to the game after community feedback for greater challenges over longer periods of time. We're always listening and tweaking to find the optimal balancing!

• @khaleesibot said in Isn't the legendary commendations just insane?:

Legendary Commendations were added to the game after community feedback for greater challenges over longer periods of time. We're always listening and tweaking to find the optimal balancing!

I love what you guys are doing with the game and really appreciate that you're listening to the community. But please don't take feedback from people who haven't even played the game/DLC(s) yet.

• @andreas5524 no, not really...
    It's very easy tho... I made everything in one day without rush and without much effort...

If you're within an alliance it's waaaay easier.
    50 ships = 5 Raids...
    Sound tough!? Not really...

• @aarghmaargho jup way too easy, got it day one after only 4 battles and one where only 2 ships of our 4 ship alliance were in, yes other allied ships sinking counts towards your 25 and 50 ship commendations

• So the problem really isn't the number of ships to sink, we have 3 weeks to do that.

The problem I have is the time constraints on the 3 different raids. Due to families and jobs we have a limited window in which we can play, and since it seems the in game months seem to line up with real days, the 3-4 hours we play are always during the same window.

Basically when we log in it's the 6th in game time, and with great difficulty have managed to complete Golden Sands event. Shortly after that we have the 11th-20th window to complete Plunder Valley's event which is no problem. However by the time the 21st-30th comes up we have by long gone to bed.

So to complete this final event we will either have to log in early (which we can't due because of work and family) or stay up exceptionally late (looking past 2 AM our time) and pray that other crews are on that late.

To make it even worse, we have a single week to complete the 3 time locked commendations for this week, then next week we get to repeat.

We really enjoy doing everything, and have done every event to completion so far, but now we are faced with a potential of simply not being able to complete this.

Sort of frustrating.

• @khazidea99
    Rare has acknowledged this and will rotate the times in the upcoming weeks, unfortunatly week 1 stays as it is now.

• @aarghmaargho Where have you seen this?

• @dazed898
    In the mega-thread
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/69254/mega-thread-real-world-timings-of-cursed-sails-battles/150?page=5

• @andreas5524 I am already done with the event..did it in 2 days and I work 40hr weeks..so no way this is anywhere near insane

Views
20 out of 52