So with PVE enemies: Skeletons drop skulls, Ocean Crawlers Drop Gems... Phantoms.... nothing? Give them the Dark Relics

• So I had a thought regarding this... with Phantoms being sailors returned from the Sea of the Damned.... couldn't we have them drop the Dark Relics for the order?

As of now every faction has a TON of stuff to turn in: Merchants have crates, animals, explosives, and more... Gold Hoarders have trinkets and chests, Athenas has crates, chests, skulls, explosives, trinkets, etc... But with the Order all we ever do is skulls.

It would make sense for these mystical phantoms to drag back relics from the sea of the damned that they perhaps died with. It's appropriately Mystical and Voodoo-y.

But Phantoms should have a chance to drop something at least I think

Views
  • Probably not dark relics but emergent captain phantoms that drop skulls of the damned, similar to skeleton captains.

• Part of the point would be to give the order some variety to their turn ins, since it is LITERALLY just skulls and gems, wheras every other faction has trinkets (that fit in chests like skulls) and large items that do not.

Granted the Dark Relics would still be smaller, but the order needs some variety at this point.

Though at the same time, a skull of the damned from something other than ship battles would be nice... Make it a shrunken head variant or something. Or a "caged soul" or "soul wisp"

I still think the relics would work, just Phantom captains would have them as a "focus" for keeping his crew anchored in the living world despite the ferryman.

• @c0rewolf The reason not dark relics is because those were once a thing, but only during a special event.

Plus phantoms crew ghost ships and all captain ghost ships drop skulls of the damned.

• More skulls? Yay... 😒

Do phantoms even have skulls? 🤔

Dark Relics get my vote, just for variety's sake! ✅

Q: What holds these phantoms to this world?
    A: Their keepsakes - relics of their vanity, their loved ones, their secrets, their freedom, a vaunted prize perhaps.

Their vaunted prize

Their freedom

Their secrets

Their vanity

Their loved ones

• I fully support your idea, it looked odd to me that they dont drop anything but i couldnt think of what. Dark relics is a perfect idea.

• @faceyourdemon was my thought too. Since they’re already made, it’s just a small change to make phantoms drop them and to give them gold awards. Less work for Rare.

• I definitely agree that the Phantoms should drop loot. Currently there's no reason to bother killing them.

Random ghost ship loot would be welcome, I think. Or just skulls, and the rare chance for the skeleton captain skull to drop.

• I like having an enemy where the only reason to kill them is so they don't kill you first.
    I don't feel so entitled that I think I should be rewarded for every kill I make.
    I like the survival challenge.

• @butterybarnacls said in So with PVE enemies: Skeletons drop skulls, Ocean Crawlers Drop Gems... Phantoms.... nothing? Give them the Dark Relics:

I like having an enemy where the only reason to kill them is so they don't kill you first.
    I don't feel so entitled that I think I should be rewarded for every kill I make.

They're not asking for a reward "for every single kill you make" - just the occasional phantom Captain. We have a variety of skeletons, so why not phantoms?

• @galactic-geek said in So with PVE enemies: Skeletons drop skulls, Ocean Crawlers Drop Gems... Phantoms.... nothing? Give them the Dark Relics:

@butterybarnacls said in So with PVE enemies: Skeletons drop skulls, Ocean Crawlers Drop Gems... Phantoms.... nothing? Give them the Dark Relics:

I like having an enemy where the only reason to kill them is so they don't kill you first.

They're not asking for a reward "for every single kill you make" - just the occasional phantom Captain. We have a variety of skeletons, so why not phantoms?

A phantom Cpt dropping something would be cool, but they asked for phantoms in general, not just Captains.

• @c0rewolf right? Right now they are just super annoying. They don’t even have a function, yet play dirty and spawn all the time.

• @butterybarnacls

Should have clarified in the original post, but I did intend this to be for Phantom Captains, same as only skeleton captains drop loot.

Though ocean crawlers are entirely at random without a "captain" class, so who knows.

• @butterybarnacls Even if that's the case, why not suggest that then? Be productive by expanding on ideas, or suggesting alternatives instead of just shutting them down.

• @galactic-geek said in So with PVE enemies: Skeletons drop skulls, Ocean Crawlers Drop Gems... Phantoms.... nothing? Give them the Dark Relics:

@butterybarnacls Even if that's the case, why not suggest that then? Be productive by expanding on ideas, or suggesting alternatives instead of just shutting them down.

Because I didn't think of it.

• I recon it would make sense that they would drop something. Maybe even an achievement for killing like a 100 of them to get a phantom sword or something might be nice.

• @butterybarnacls Well, okay then.

Views
1 out of 17