5 Ship Types for Sea of Thieves (Speculation /Graphic)

• @shoothere4exp The great thing about the two ships we have, is that the speed is balanced, so you can outrun the other one, if you are good, the sloop is faster against the wind and the galleon is faster with full wind in the sails, so all though the designs a pretty good, i don't get the speed indicators, if some ships were simply faster, then it would ruin the balance!

• @radzz-the-drunk I don’t think I sounded hostile, so I wouldn’t say I attacked ur post.

Ofc in a naval battle a war ship like a galleon would likely win. I thought u meant ease of operation. The sloop feels too damn easy to operate, u just point it where u want to go and everything u need to mess with (minus repairing/bucketing) is right there. A two person sloop has way too much down time when sailing from point a to point b.

• @billym5 First of all Apologies if it wasn't an attack.

With 2 people it is easy sailing aye. For me it is a nice change of pace after hard work on a galleon.

But I was referring to the combat side of the solo sloop, and the need to be constantly aware of your environment if you don't pay attention for 1 minute you can lose your sloop and booty with it.
    I've made many last second saves plenty of times when a galleon or a sloop sneaked up on me when I was parked on an Island and not on the ship. The only reason I made it out with my loot was because of the easier ship mechanics steer clear of everything drop sails and start repairing like a mad man.

• I just wanna keep this active, 'cuz the OP did a great job. Moooaaarrr content!

• AWESOME IDEA AND AWESOME JOB WITH THE SHIPS !

Please make this Rare !!!

• Totally for it :D

• Great idea!

As the Junk type ships are my favourite by a long shot I'm giving it two thumbs up! ;)

Still, I can't imagine why a Junk rig is as slow as the biggest of ships on your picture? That doesn't make any sense.

• @ShootHere4EXP I had an idea for the man o war.

Take 2 cannons off each side and move them to the front and back of the ship. Then turn them at a 45°, and place them at the corners if I'm right they will be able to face the sides or the front/back(i don't know how much you can turn the cannon)

Thoughts

• @shoothere4exp Love the concept. Anything that adds more variety to ship options, i'm down for it! Great work!

• @cheatingpirate

Wasn't the frigate just a bigger brig, which had more of a warship factor. Most pirates used frigates around the 18th century?
    "A frigate was a type of warship. The term has been used for warships of many sizes and roles over the past few centuries. Frigates in the 18th century were usually square-rigged."

• @dragotech123 the the length of the waterline of the hull determens the boat max speed

• Just want to bring this poste UP to the recent feed.
    I'm sure some people didn't saw it

• @shoothere4exp This is by far still my favorite thread! your dedication and hardwork on this needs to be stickied and remain at the top of the heap!

• @shoothere4exp Awesome ideas this would be great to have all these ships. There is a rumor saying it took them 2 years to make the Galleon, so do you think they really can and will do this?

• Rare, hire this man.

• @corrupt-fellow To be fair they built the galleon and its systems completely from scratch. Now that the framework already exists, adding new ships should only take a fraction of the time.

• Rare. Please make this happen.

• I don't think we need THAT many ship variations. Galleon is tough to manage as 3 but it's doable. However adding ship for 5-6 players could be great.

I also completely agree with @detroits-reaper about possibility of adding harpoon guns. I would love to see upgrades to the ship which wouldn't make ship stronger but could allow players choose their playstyle. Are you good with melee fights/close fights? Get that ram/harpoon guns and get as close to the enemy ship as possible.
    Are you good at shooting with cannon? Then you'll have more cannons than i.e. ram ship.

Talking about cannons, I would love to see possibility to move cannons on sloop. On galleon you have 4 cannons on each side so your whole crew can shoot with them. On sloop there's only 1 on each side which puts you on a huge disadvantage. Of course moving cannons wouldn't go "for free". It would take time and you would have to always face enemies with one side of your ship to be stronger!

• @ShootHere4EXP
    Really Nice ideas , Nice decine hope they gonna put iT in , 100 % my Vote

• @shoothere4exp
    Man o War must go in the game for 5 /6 man crew , its great if u wanna make a pirate game there must be a Man o War in that game

• @shoothere4exp
    YES PLEEASE :D

RARE you need to listen to this guy :D

• Would be cool, would need to raise the server player limit though or you’d end up with 3 ships on a server and you may not even see another ship due to being so spread out!

• Ineed a great thread and saw this picture on Twitter and need to see more of this ingame. Even if I have to wait for it, I don't mind if you give me a deadline and I'll have something to look forward to.
    This would really add more to the Pirate experience.
    Would be great to use these in some form of alliance within crews...

• Appears pretty redundant : boat is pointless, junk serves no actual purpose and thus should be a mere cosmetic option for sloop and brig/frigate, which is certainly the more interesting ship for a new addition.

Bringing too many more ship types will just make balancing a nightmare, without fixing issues due to the current too basic navigation. They'd better work on a deeper navigation first, add the brig which is a must have addition in a pirate game and then slowly raise up the number of players a server.

Imo the man'o'war doesn't fit in this game yet, at least not before there will be more than 16 players per server. It should be fine with 24 to 32 players a server but with only a map just 30 to 50% bigger max respectively : for the more you add big ships the lower are chances players will cross each other ways.

• How is this not a thing yet?! Great designs!

• I love this idea. This should be looked at moreso than a four man sloop lol. This crew size and ship mechanics would balance the current ship crews sizes out nicely I think. And provide more combat variety and decisions. UPVOTE THIS

• @shoothere4exp I really like the idea although how are you gonna deal with solo sloops going against this Man o War ship with 6 players. Some players like to sail alone.

• @wrothamoeba388 said in [5 Ship Types for Sea of Thieves (Speculation /Graphc

I don't specifically like the Junk, not sure if it fits the motif. Otherwise I would love all these ships in game and 100 more, lol. It would make the world richer.

Pirates in Asia were penalties the most epic there every were.

Though Junks come in a lot of different sizes. It might be better as a ship cosmetic option.

• @ShootHere4EXP I’m actually thinking maybe remove the Junk entirely, and add chase cannons to the man of war, and adjust ship balancing according the junk not being present in the lineup. That way each ship has a specific difference, advantage and disadvantage that is clearly defined. I feel like with the junk, a couple ships come to close to one another.

• Cool ideas

• @ShootHere4EXP Also, post this in the feedback and suggestions mega thread

• @shoothere4exp Do a frigate to

• Great job.

I would suggest the Man of war has two crows nests to bring some more varied gameplay.

• I feel like the Brig would be the most popular of the ship types, as it seems to have the best mix of speed, power, and degree of difficulty

• Why are people suggesting Junks, when they don't fit the theme?

Views
384 out of 415