Homemade Pirate costume!

• Hi guys,

I would like to share you the awesome work of my dear friend Corneline.
    She loves pirates's world/traditions and everything about it. She made her own outfit just to satisfy her passion. Check out her page, she is awesome! link text

If you have Pirate costume don't hesitate to share it!
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    ![alt text](image url)

Views
  • @FIN-Tarrer That is gorgeous. One very talented lady!

• Wow, as someone who also enjoys costumes and making them, this is beautiful!

I've already shared a picture of me and some friends going all Piratey in the Ghost pirate figure giveaway thread, but here it is again! Not much to see in terms of craftmanship (well, compared to what @FIN-Tarrer shows here) but most of the hats and leatherwork here is homemade, so, it's something I guess!

Here it is again:

alt text

• Am I the only one here who gets a little frustrated at how damn talanted everyone else on this forum is. It ridiculous how cool some of the stuff people create is. I am immensely jealous of everyones talants, and hope that one day I will discover one for myself. In the mean time thank you for sharing, at least I get to bask in your radiance.

• Wow! That is incredible! Awesome attention to detail :)

• Got that pirate swag locked down. Damn. Or is "on-fleek" the word all the cool kids are saying these days?

• Love it, love everything about it.

Such craftsmanship, wow.

• @OpticalMatrix said in Homemade Pirate costume!:

Got that pirate swag locked down. Damn. Or is "on-fleek" the word all the cool kids are saying these days?

I hope to god you do everything in your power to keep "on-fleek" from becoming a thing..."locked down" is still preferred ;)

BUT back on topic @FIN-Tarrer your friend does amazing work! Everyone loves a good pirette

• @FIN-Tarrer, is the hair an extension or a full wig? also, how many hours did your friend put into the costume?

• @littleandy454 I'll make sure to veto any attempts to make on-fleek a mainstay, but judging from Twitter and Instagram, I fear it's already too late.

• alt text

One of my Pirate LARP Costumes

• @JockevanHelgen Yay! Another Larper! Great costume, is that a black powder flask at your belt?

• @Kay-Wroshyr Aye, it is. It is a full Bandolier, worn by 17th Century Musketeers, the little wooden flasks are called "apostle" which are 12 flasks filled with gunpowder for one shot each. The big flask is for refilling the apostle.
    Thanks for the like ;)

• @JockevanHelgen Hey, thanks for the nice piece of information! I couldn't find the accurate name of the smaller flasks. Being a fan of Dumas' Musketeers, not knowing that was a mistake. One that is now erased thanks to you.

• @OpticalMatrix We don't need Instagram or Twitter stay with the times, we'll show those young whippersnappers that we too can master and manipulate the language to our wills.

Unrelatedly, I officially deem this outfit to be certifiably flingo.

• @Captain9of9 Haha, flingo. The more I say it the better it sounds. You are making me reconsider some of the ship names I had in mind.

• @OpticalMatrix Appreciate the support, I believe if we all work together we can stop the plague of "on-fleek"...

out of curiosity... anyone able to tell me what a fleek is?

Sounds like the @Captain9of9 is getting set to take on Twitter and Instagram... teenagers around the world will cry and know not what to do with their lives...

where do i sign up?

• @Kay-Wroshyr well your group is amazing I would like to have a crew like this on my ship! :p

• @littleandy454 @littleandy454 haha yes she's awesome! Each time she make somethin' it s gold! I am also costume maker and her work always amaze me! :p @CaptnJaq it is a full wig if I remember well but you can visit her page and ask her directly she won't bite. ;)

• @JockevanHelgen that's a well made costume! :) You look great!

• @Captain9of9 @OpticalMatrix we are also plannin' to make a cover of "We Shall Sail Together" song :) because she is also a great singer, haha so much talent in that little woman!

Click here...

Views
9 out of 21