Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set

• I'm at it again everybody! This time with some Sea of Thieves playing cards.

All thanks to @Runic when he said this:

@Runic said in 3D Printed Sea of Thieves Coin:

That is damn pretty. Now if you can turn the artwork from the fan kit into a card deck you could have a real good pirate poker evening.

He wasn't wrong, I could take the coins I have made and use them as Poker chips... all I need is a themed deck of cards.

So I plan to take the images below and redraw them in illustrator and then come up with a border and font. But I need help deciding what to do for the King, Queen, Jack and Joker? Any ideas?

alt text

Views
  • @TheAaronLeigh the joker should be a fat pirate playing the accordion!

• Maybe use Captain Bones or that pirate lord looking dude (I forget what he was called, but featured in a trailer).

• @TheTikiguy
    I like the idea of having Captain Bones as the Joker. He is after all the only named character from SOT that we know of.

• captain bones, Wilde Card.

Pirate Lord, Ace King.

..but now i'm not so sure.

@TheAaronLeigh, are you planning to us this for Bones?
    alt text

• @CaptnJaq I'm planning to use that artstyle for the card art. That picture would make it easy for the Captain Bones Card.

I like the idea of him being the Joker, I agree @Runic

• @TheAaronLeigh
    Maybe one of the suits could be ghost characters, another musicians. Not sure what to do for the other 2 suits but you get the idea.

• Seriously you make cool stuff man. @CaptnJaq , @Runic and @TheAaronLeigh are the most like active members of the forums. I'll try to think of something to share in fan art now if Pirate Lord is King then how about a subcaptain/vicecaptain for Queen obviously a woman there are some in the videos from SOT that are wearing a black hat or you get maybe some random drawing from a female character from Pirates of the Caribbean.

• it would be neat to incorporate this 'character'
    https://i.gyazo.com/45f15b81550a538b0176566b8109ddf9.png

or even the gold and jem skeleton.

• While perhaps difficult to pull from screenshots and then adapt into simple vector drawings, using the various character groups for each suit's face cards could be cool. The skeleton enemies for the spades:
    alt text
    Various pirates of specific crews for the hearts or clubs:
    alt text
    Maybe figureheads or mer-folk for the diamonds...

• @TheAaronLeigh The Joker could be a Monkey

• @CaptnJaq Yeah this was the other one I was thinking of.

• Magnificent idea! Here's my two penn'orth

The Pirate Lord for the King
    Kraken for the Queen...I mean who knows what gender that beastie might be
    Capt Bones for the Knave/Jack....I think he'd like the idea of being represented mutliple times
    Joker - how about the ship's cat, or a monkey, or parrot...I do like @TheTikiguy's idea of the fat pirate with the accordian though!

• Started work on the playing cards today.

Took a bunch of work but I think I'm finally happy with the card background.

alt text

Now to start creating vectors of the suits and find (or make) a font I'm happy with for the numbers,K,Q,J...

• @TheAaronLeigh As for the font for the face cards, why not use the font on here? You could type the letters "A, K, G, J" (and the numbers as well), "zoom in" using your browser's zoom feature (if it has one), and take a screen cap. From there, it's not hard to open the screen cap in Photoshop highlight (or just copy) each letter and export it as a vector object.

Doing it that way, you can keep the font used on here.

(edited)

Zooming in to about 200% made the letters about the right size for a card without all the distortion of trying to resize them in Photoshop.

• @TheAaronLeigh said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

Started work on the playing cards today.

alt text

Now to start creating vectors of the suits and find (or make) a font I'm happy with for the numbers,K,Q,J...

Nice. You could put a faint outline of a treasure map on them. Maybe have it so that if all the cards are put together face up the backgrounds combine to make one big treasure map.

• @Runic said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@TheAaronLeigh said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

Started work on the playing cards today.

alt text

Nice. You could put a faint outline of a treasure map on them. Maybe have it so that if all the cards are put together face up the backgrounds combine to make one big treasure map.

Ooooooooo I love that idea. Totally going to do that.
    Thanks for the idea!

Also @xDILLIGAFx1974 thats perfect. Dont know why I didn't think of that earlier.

• @Runic The treasure map will lead people straight to your house. Better hide the valuables... LOL!

@TheAaronLeigh My wife is always coming up with the "simple" answers while I tend to over-engineer everything. Glad I could finally think of an easy option.

• @xDILLIGAFx1974
    I am insured and it would give a reason to upgrade to a new xbox s.

• Suits have been made into vectors. That's enough for one day. I'll work on the letters and pictures later in the week.

Also need to decide what to put on the card backs.

alt text

• @TheAaronLeigh
    I would suggest the SOT skull logo for the card backs. It is already on your coins so it would create a nice theme if it was also on the cards.

@TheAaronLeigh
    I would suggest the SOT skull logo for the card backs. It is already on your coins so it would create a nice theme if it was also on the cards.

Awww you beat me to the suggestion! :D

@TheAaronLeigh

It would be good if they are on black and white also. Like the background black and the skull in white.

• @CaptnJaq said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

it would be neat to incorporate this 'character'
    https://i.gyazo.com/45f15b81550a538b0176566b8109ddf9.png

or even the gold and jem skeleton.

Oh man i would love a statue of the dead captain

• @littleandy454 dont go hunting anyone down andy...

• @lizalaroo said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@Runic said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@TheAaronLeigh

Awww you beat me to the suggestion! :D

What can I say, great minds...

• @Mi6-x-NeRo said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@littleandy454 dont go hunting anyone down andy...

Do it @littleandy454 , it would look great in you collection and would put the SDCC figurine to shame.

• @Runic i can imaginehim now in a padded cell

• @Mi6-x-NeRo said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@Runic i can imaginehim now in a padded cell

So we're 1-1 yay vs nay? ;)

• @littleandy454
    But you will never get that padded cell if you don't.

• @Runic Just so we're clear before i go do something i regret... These padded cells, are they available in vel-cro?

• @littleandy454 said in Sea of Thieves Playing Cards - Poker Set:

@Runic Just so we're clear before i go do something i regret... These padded cells, are they available in vel-cro?

For years my best friend and I would talk about converting a room of our first home into having Vel-cro padded walls and have a trampoline floor... Then with vel-cro suits we would have the best gosh darned time...

Well I'm a bit older now, I own a house and spoiler alert. I haven't converted a room in my house to what Young AaronLeigh envisioned. Sorry past me.

• @TheAaronLeigh I completely forgot i would need trampoline floors... I'll have to go back to the drawing board... A trampoline would utterly destroy what left of the knees...

• @littleandy454
    Time to cut off those knees and commit to peglegs. Not sure peglegs would be any better for trampolining, but no one would be able to question your pirate credentials.

• @Runic I imagine they could be removed... I could bounce around on stumps... maybe...

Views
1 out of 75