EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe)

• Another day without Sea of ​​Thieves

• @legendary-liz Is open parallel and i didn't get an answer for the problem. I mean, look here. We're not alone with the problem and can't play. I know that the random crashes has priority but it cannot be, that some people cannot launch the game which should be fast fixable. And that while the anniversary event. The frustration level is high.

• You all hear the moderator. Please open all with the Unknown File Version EAC Error a support ticket. Would be fine. There's hope that at the maintenance tomorrow the game will work. Let's hope and drink tea (don't throw it aboard) :D

Greetings

• Sadly the update didn't fixed the problem :( So the problem still exists...

• I think we have another week off.

• @darkman1984 yep it didn't solve it, still getting the same error :\

• Sorry, but things are about to get ridiculous. You can't play, the event will soon be over and the EAC error won't be fixed.

• At this point Rare in my opinion is a joke.
    At first I wasn't able to start the game due to the "code 0xc0000005" crash at start. Now I get this EAC- Crash at startup, and they just dont care.
    I just feel like a "second hand customer" cause I was so stupid and bought the game day 1 from the Microsoft store.
    Friends who got the steam version are all playing without any problems.
    I feel so betrayed from Rare. It's just soo frustrating ://
    If they are not able to support the Microsoft Store version propperly, they should just offer free steam keys for us instead.....

• This situation is becoming absolutely ridiculous.
    I haven't been able to play the game since the the "code 0xc0000005" crash, followed by this unresolved 'unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe)' issue in the previous update.
    Today's update did not fix the error either.
    I wrote to the Dev Team two days a go and got this response:

"Ahoy there, Thank you for your support request. I can confirm that the problem you are receiving is a known issue and the team are actively investigating a solution. Please keep an eye on our social channels for any further information surrounding this issue. We thank you for your patience while this issue is being investigated. Regards, Sea of Thieves – Player Support".

I encourage all those affected by this problem to submit a support ticket, so they can elevate this complaint.

• 2 of my friends recently got the game and I was so exited to finally play it with them then this happens, so sick of it.

• this game is a joke. after the update doesnt work it

• in my case it helped to move it to another Harddrive.

• @noakiibar This worked for me too, anyone here having the same issue try migrating it to another drive.

• @noakiibar I really don't know why but it works O_o

It seems that there's a problem with the installation on an other harddrive than the windows drive (for what reason i don't know).

I made these steps:
    Moved installation from SoT (other SSD Drive) to my System Drive (C: where Windows is installed).
    Started it and i got the same Unknown File Version error.
    Deleted ALL Files from Sea of Thieves except the Content Folder in Athena (the biggest folder ;) ) and repaired the installation.
    After that i launched SoT as Admin and it works flawlessly.

Please report this all to the support if it works and with your steps to solve the problem.

• @darkman1984 that might be a solution for you but it's not an ideal one. I myself know that I can't move it to my windows drive as my drive doesn't have enough space for it. Rare needs to find an answer to this, its been way to long for this to not only be fixed but rare hasn't even posted anything acknowledging the issue. (Not that I have seen anyways) rare is really letting us down. I have been in contact with Rare as well and after multiple different suggestions on a fix nothing worked. They escalated it to the development team. Haven't heard back since and it's been a few days now.

• The event is still 1 day and 15 hours away and many haven't played a minute yet because the game still doesn't start.

• @tryfecta1158 same they forwarded it to the technical team and then no response.

• It's sad indeed, I've put in a ticket all i got was they sent it to the dev team and it's basically just a waiting game now, I've @ them on social media as well. No ETA or anything about it. Haven't been able to get in since the update was put out. I personally have tried everything on the EAC website for solutions everything on this forum as solutions still get the same error.
    Edit- It's not ideal at all for sure since the game is so large, but can confirm that moving the game to the C drive fixed the issue for now atleast.

• For sure i don't let y'all alone :) Solidarity is everything :)
    Yeah... the solution worked for me, but yes i'm looking into a solution for it that all can play. maybe i find something :)
    For the Democracy! Whoops.. Wrong Game LOL

• moving the game from the drive it was on to another one worked for me, the entire problem revolved around EAC, i did everything, cold boot, uninstall reinstall the game and the EAC client, none of it worked and one of the support mods recommended me to factory restart my computer! thats not happening

• @brianneedshelp1 I reset mine just to find out nothing changes, problems still persists

• good evening everyone!!!!

Here's what worked for me.

I found the Easyanticheat file by browsing the files through the xbox app.

opened the settings.json and found this product id 0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d3 or whatever it is.

I added a 0 to the end so "0367a3a8ea344f08851d76facf6f66d30" is now in the settings folder and that fixed mine.!

so it should be your hd usually C: Drive....XboxGames...SeaofThieves....content...EasyAntiCheat...Settings.json

open with notepad add the "0" after the 3 or just copy and paste from here.... hit "SaveAs" same file name yes when it asks to replace then try it again...and BOOM see you out there!

• @hornet5153 and dont get crassh? i.e after 5 min hazelnutbeard error?

• @monkeydjury it never crashes for me

• @hornet5153

It works but as said, 2 min after it crashes with hazelnutbeard error

• @hornet5153 I tried this earlier and it worked but after an update that happened on friday, it says waiting for game... and the EAC thing stops running

• @aragorn08216 said in EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe):

@hornet5153

It works but as said, 2 min after it crashes with hazelnutbeard error

I am having the same issue. Added the 0 at product ID at settings.json , game loads. After joining in , I can only be online for 30 seconds max. Then i get Hazelnutbeard non stop.

I havent been able to play for days!

• Just want to put this out there again for anyone it may help, moving the game to your C drive fixes the issue; don't need to edit any files or anything just moving the game to the C drive works, personally I played 8 hours yesterday no issues after doing that and the game still launches today perfectly fine. It is however not ideal because most don't have room on their C drive for a 100gig+ game. I'd say this at best is just a temporary fix till they fix the actual issue.

• Hi, I have the same error yesterday. And the following works for me :

I do "Propreties..." "Installed Files" "Verify integrity of game files"
    after this I restart my computer.

The error change and become : "Launch Error: Easy Anti-Cheat is not installed"
    So I install the EAC manually like say on this page of the support :

I hope that method can help.

• No tip has helped so far. Neither add the 0, nor reinstall EAC or reinstall the game. The game is on hard drive C, but I'm not a Steam player.

• @ch3ck3r75
    Same but what version are you on

• @astra7872 sagte in EAC - Unknown File Version (SoTGame.exe):

@ch3ck3r75
    Same but what version are you on

What do you mean by version? I bought the game from the MS Store and usually play via the XBox app

• @astra7872 It's always the same version because the game auto-updates, if not then the game will update itself eventually

• I received feedback from the dev team yesterday after lodging a support query.

They asked to email them my Msinfo32 and DxDiag log files.

Hopefully this will allow them to narrow down the issue.

• @andrewai2022 Hopefully they gonna figure it out, at least acknowledge the problem

投稿
表示回数
363 / 1