TOP 5 THINGS YOU WANT IN SOT

• Okay this is honestly just a question to keep us busy while we wait for the Beta.
    So what is your personal top 5 things you would like to see in the SOA game. Please be specific no broad topics like “more customization”

1. I would love to see just a lot of different customization skins for your ship your weapons and even your clothes.
      Holiday, past Rare games, and different nationalities or countries all could be a source of cosmetic skins.
      It would be cool to be able to turn your cutlass into a katana or scimitar.
      Make Pirate or character look like a leprechaun or Samurai.
      To be able to change the apperince of your ship to different Types through history

2. I would love to see fishing brought into the game as something to do for fun you could even have achivments for biggest fish or rarest type all that just bragging rights

3. B***y traps I mean come on it’s pirates when have you not heard of a pirate setting B***y traps?

4. Events- I mentioned before it be cool to do events for anniversaries of Rare past video game titles, holidays, and other things.
      Like have a event for the classic game BATTLE TOADS.
      alt text
      Where you have to go catch a frog and then meet every one in the tavern. You all place your frog in a circle on the floor and then press different buttons to jump stop or shout making your frog jump out of the circle. The frog to jump the farthest wins the event and gets a skin to change your sails to the battle road symbol
      alt text
      or a ship figure head in the shape of a battle toad.

5. Last and not least is actually new ship designs not just the two we have currently. Changing them cosmetically is one thing but the insides of many ships were very different.
      The way an Asian Junk ship had its decks and section arranged is different then others.
      alt text

Brigantine favorite type be a lot of pirates
    alt text

Typical merchant style tall ship
    alt text

Views
    question
  • @zombie-p1ague
    I don't have a top 5, but as someone said in another thread I'd love to see a shark tooth necklace. One that adds a tooth every time you kill a shark.

This doesn't just have to be for sharks either. Items of clothing that get added to as you complete specific tasks. Even notches on a belt for pvp kills would be cool.

• I’d love to see all that you mentioned....having a Conker fur hat would be epic.
    I want to see bigger team sizes obviously don’t limit it to 4 people please lol. If they are worried about solo players make different servers or a safe mode they can turn on If they don’t want to be harmed.
    Also raids like challenging and mechanical and in depth. And raid specific loot kinda like destiny, like the kraken get like some kind of cosmetic item like a squid jacket, or something for the ship lol.

• Raid Specific loot like they used to have in destiny would be awesome
    Like if you do one of those epic skeleton forts you would have a chance of finding a special cutless or blunderbust that would have added damage against the undead
    alt text

Having weapons or cosmetic items that could boost your PVE ability would still keep the game fair and equal to pvp but would also bring a huge feeling of acmplishment to end game mechanics

• @zombie-p1ague I'd love for them to finally add a sea monster raid boss and for it not to be just limited to the Krakan which we all know is eventually coming. I'd love for them to add various types of sea focused monsters like ghost ships, leviathans, megalodons even a treasure galleon raid where we have to steal treasure that's on a heavily protected galleon with maybe a few skips and other galleons protecting it.

Also, now I know this seems like a small thing but for me it's a pretty huge thing, I really really hope they flesh out the sea wildlife and not just have sharks. I think it would be amazing to dive into the open ocean and seeing massive schools of fish swimming about. Dolphins playfully jumping above the sea and giant whales who if you're not careful might just damage your vessel if you get too curious. I think having a fleshed out wildlife would seriously bring some life to the game and make people more attracted to it. The implementation of pigs, chickens and snakes is a step in the right direction but the sea is where it's REALLY at, that's where people will really appreciate RARE's efforts if they bothered to add it in.

These are just a couple of thing's that I'd really loved to see implemented. Just as a small note I'd really like if they expanded the various types of ships we can sail and implement a 'Guild' system where we can seamlessly cooperate with fellow Crews in our 'Guild'.

• @zombie-p1ague
    Extra damage against undead would be cool. I just don't want them unbalancing the pvp, I am a fan of their plan of veterans and noobs having the same equipment and it coming down to skill and luck.

• @chaos217 I completely agree I think only bonuses you could ever be allowed to have in game would have to be strictly pve

That means no extra ammo or faster reload/attack or any thing that could boost ship speed all that could effect pvp

But having something that does simply more damage to npc mobs, that I would be okay with

I would also like to see more then a cutless where is the sabers and rapiers Scimitars and katanas?

• My top 5 are;

1. Navy faction added with progression/achievements
    2. Fleet option, being able to sail with a small number of ships from your crew.
    3. More sails and rigging, currently the ships look a bit naked.
    4. Bow & arrow added as an extra weapon.
    5. More ship classes, 2 is not enough. Be good to have at least 5 to pick from.
  • @zombie-p1ague
    Want me a rapier! Not sure how well they'd fit into the pirate theme though

• @chaos217 pirates used and took what weapons they found most navy and militaries of the time used sabers or rapiers so to be honest it would fit time line well

• 1-lulas gigantes
    2-armadilhas
    3-personalização personagen e barco
    4-mais inimigos além de caveiras
    5-kit vida

• @thiagoggamernz
    Grenades
    alt text
    alt text

Stink pot
    A stinkpot or stink-pot was an incendiary and suffocating weapon used in the 19th century during the Qing Dynasty, especially in naval operations.

Boarding axe
    The British Boarding Axe is notable for the fact that there was only one pattern for almost the entire age of fighting sail. This was the distinctive tomahawk and although there were many variations it was not superceded until 1859 when the lighter flared blade model replaced it, though by this time the nature of boarding actions was rapidly changing.

Gilkerson identifies the oldest known dateable axe to one excavated at Crown Point, New York - the fort here being a naval base in the mid 1700s which was burned down in 1773. He also speculates that the boarding axe developed from smaller Native American trade axes or tomahawks that were found to be useful on board ship, although some collectors of tomahawks suspect the reverse may be true.

Throughout its long life this axe retained its flattish cross-section and side langets which made manufacture easy especially in poorly equipped workshops around the world, some of which produced very crude examples. The term Tomahawk was adopted into British Royal Navy terminology both at ship level and within administration documents and Ffoulks notes a recorded issue of 300 “Tommihawks” to the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Americans as early as August 1761.
    alt text

alt text

• Hey everyone! I made a video detailing my own Top 10 Wishlist Features I'd love to see in game. Here’s a link to it- Creating the Perfect Game

Let me know what you guys think of all the ideas in there!!

~ Captain Jay
    The Crow’s Nest

• @armament-jay
    Love your videos man been a YouTube subscriber to you for a long time keep it up

• @zombie-p1ague

Board games, dice games, fishing etc. would be a great addition to SoT

More creatures and bosses would be excellent as well as different types of ships.

along the lines of a new ship type, i've been a fan of Sidegrades for SoT for a long time, where you might customize your boat to excell in a certain situation, but doing so puts you at a disadvantage in other situations. this way the game is still balanced but the skill ceiling is increased to a large degree.

An example of this could be (my favorite) Pivot guns, where you remove a cannon on each side of your ship and replace it with a gun at the port or bow that can rotate and aim in a 270 degree arc. the downside would be a slower reload, shorter range, and very minimal AOE. So you'd excell in a chase or ambuse, but be at a distinct disadvantage in a drawn out battle.

a much simpler application of this idea could be less armor (i.e easier to sink) but a faster movement speed.

things like that allow different playstyles, and therefore more to experiment with and explore. but they keep the game balanced and only those who are better sailors come out on top

1. I would like being able to pick rival captains. Like get a grudge or even just want to fight some friend's on same server.
      1. Able to damage sails with cannon fire-could slow opponents.
      1. B***y trapped treasure rooms.Where you spring Indiana Jones style traps and make escapes with boulder chase. Room fills with water ect.
    • 4.Custom flag creations
    • 5.Harpon gun could use to get attached to another ship or for fighting giant squid or whales,Kraken ect.
  • @zombie-p1ague

Appreciate the support!!! It’s always crazy to me when I stop and think about how big the Community has grown- only good things to come in 2018!!

To add to the discussion some more- one of my most desired features I’d love to see in game is a custom flag generator. Something similar to Battlefield’s emblem generator would be cool- with the exception of limiting it to two or three layers to avoid any inappropriate designs.

I think it would be a cool way to distinguish our ships on the high seas!

~Captain Jay
    The Crow’s Nest

• Biggest thing to me. more ships both bigger and smaller and definitely get rid of this ship locked crew size, there are far better ways of sorting multiplayer.

I think everyone else has said the same for the rest.
    Strong customisation options both shipwide and character, bigger map and more underwater activity i feel that past searching a wreck i don't really go in the waters. Definitely more life both above and below the sea.

• Dreadlocks. I really hope I can rock the dreads out there...

1. Full character customization, to gender, height, weight, build, face and body sliders, the whole nine yards, but keep it intuitive, not obtuse and cumbersome.

2. Ship customization. Now I don't know about full ship customization to the extent of customizing a character - I'm trying to be realistic here, but a decent amount of customization options. Maybe choose from different ship layouts both above and below deck, different types of sails or figureheads, different skins/color schemes, etc. At the very least, a good amount of pre-set ships to choose from, with different skins to choose from. Maybe have the option to earn historical ships, both from real life and fiction.

3. Some type of class or specialization system, where different pirates can be better at different things.

4. ???

5. Profit!

• I know I want 2 things, one a mop to swab the p**p deck, and maybe a cleaning system where the less often you clean it the more dingy your boat looks, I think it would be fun to add more task for people to do on the boat.

I also would like a large crew max, like 8 or 16 with extremely large boats, this will probably not be likely but I can hope

some other things I want are tons of weapons and clothing, and maybe a way to destroy another pirates mast so they are kind of stuck drifting in the water

• I just hope PvP'ers like myself will get an option for higher population servers.

It's not that all I want to do is PvP either. I feel that everything else is more interesting when there is higher chance of player interactions.

1. I would love to see the community run a trade economy system. I would love to see the change of ammo, cannon balls, and chickens prices be run by the community.

2. Of course weapon skins, ship skins, and character skins!

3. Huge world. Sometimes I think of the world isn’t big enough and there is lots of players in the world you would be fighting people every 5 minutes and I think that wouldn’t be that fun. And a bigger map means more things to do!

4. A social area. If a social area is added where people can’t kill each other such as a shop or bar I think it would be cool to meet new people!

5. Last thing is that I would love to see new items and animals brought into the game

• firstly i'd love to be able to decorate my ship and customize every sail individually, being able to change the type of ship you have even if its through a mission to be awarded parts of a ship to be able to finally build the ship you want, also being able to add decks or remove them is something i'd love to be able to do as well as i'd have a top deck with storage compartment under with a shallow bow so I can be fast and maneuverable and can go though shallow water if an escape is needed, I need to be able to customize my flag in a way that I want it so I don't end up with some generic flag that half the ocean is littered with. no fun finding another ship on the horizon with your flag hoisted into the 4 winds, having my own flag that I have designed will help with my legend and when people see me coming I want them to run with fear.

• @chaos217 lol long term players would have like a necklace that goes around their neck hundreds of times, with thousands of teeth.

• I think to improve the amount of play styles they should put in life boats which could be used for quick get aways. And maybe give you the ability to swing onto other peoples boats. Also ducking and dodging ( go to the side) for combat. As well as just some stuff to keep the game from getting stale maybe some more items: -Harpoons (killing sharks)
    -Fishing Rod
    -More sord types ( Used in different circumstances depending on range and weight) eg a larger sword or rapier type thing would have more range than a cutless bet less obility and speed)
    -Cosmetic Loot (maybe)

• 1-5. Shark repellent. Oh how i hate sharks...

• @azz91uk but sharks be lovin' you matey.... especially yer nice juicy leg....nom nom nom ;)

• @zombie-p1ague events. Like in game. For example ever so often a npc ship ( I know they aren't in the game). Will pop up in a random spot it will show up on the big map in the ship.

• I just have one, but can we have free roaming trading ships you can intercept for loot/money. But you would clearly see what was a pirate ship and what was a trading ship. You could maybe be a captian for one through the merchant alliance. Too ensure a safe trip

1. Rare Loot!
    2. Guild System
    3. Ladder System
    4. Personal Shops that players can buy your loot
    5. Last but not least a tangible progression system to keep us playing!
  • Hey everyone, for me I'd say that one thing I'd really like to see in sea of thieves is puzzles. I even made a post a couple days ago about puzzle implementation into sea of thieves as a system that compliments the current "Get the loot" quest system. Kind of gives more life to the mysterious adventure aspect

• @zombie-p1ague

1. Proximity Chat being used by a large portion of the community instead of parties or 3rd party apps.
    2. A non repetitive story mode that is exciting to play.
    3. Several different items to find. (Not just one type of food or one type of enemy.
    4. Saw people posting about purchasing islands which would be awesome. They could be defended or looted by other enemy players.
    5. I do not want to be driving the ship for 30 minutes to my destination. I know the entire point of a pirate based game is to be on the water, but it would get stale if I spent a long time driving to loot an island for 3 minutes.

Reply if you agree or disagree with any of these.

1. giant sea monsters
    2. ship customization
    3. a way to control skeletons to your advantage
    4. jewelry to show off your wealth (mr t chains at legendary)
    5. being able to buy things that could help you or maybe it wont
      example a compass that leads u to a ship gold ext or to a giant sea monster / another ship
    1. In game crew management
    2. A slight bump in crew size
    3. Multiple styles for each class of ship
    4. Ghost treasure fleet (spawns at random times in random places and requires multiple crews to defeat)
    5. Turtles
Views
question
1 out of 57