Please Rare, I need your help!

• Ok, so I am a Blender user. If you are unaware what Blender is, it's a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games.

I am writing this discussion because I would like to ask if there is any way I can obtain the character models. Why you may ask? I wish to create an animated series based in the Sea of Thieves world. I hope to get the character models so that I can use them as the characters in my animation series.

I know this is an odd request, but it would be wonderful if I can create this comical animation for the community and for the developers enjoyment. :)

Views
  • @zanzikahn the best contact for this would be via the support page and submit a support ticket that way you can get a direct response from Rare on the matter.

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi Oh, ok. Thank you for the quick response!

• Assuming you don't post it on YouTube with monetizing activated, they shouldn't have an issue... However, if you monetize any of their content, they may submit a C&D or DMCA if you don't disclose your full intentions beforehand.

• @face-0-o Fortunately, I have no intentions of making any money on this animation. I'm merely an inspired fan hoping to contribute some fan work. :P

• @zanzikahn I love Blender!!

Unfortunately, I couldn't imagine Rare just giving away their property/assets. (cool as it would be...)

Have you tried Manuel Bastioni for (phenomenal in my opinion) human characters? It is a huge time saver compared to modelling from scratch if you just needed a model to animate.

( http://www.manuelbastioni.com )

• @triheadedmonkey Oh, I do have templates. I begun my blender hobby creating game assets for various mods to other games. I even had streams/videos to teach others how to 3D model.

Obviously, I have no intentions to spread access to the models, as my only intention is to use them for an animated series. Getting the environment right will be quite difficult on it's own, so asking for the use of their character models is the least I can ask for, regardless if my requested is fulfilled or not.

Views
1 out of 7