How do i change game language?

• I'm from brazil soo my game is now on portuguese...
    But i would really preffer to play in english as i like to pratice it!
    Do you guys know if there's any way to change it back? Thanks!

Views
  • @gabe-brl Ahoy there matey!

The only way currently to change the language of the game is to change your PCs region settings and then reboot then launch the game again.

• @musicmee Ahhh that's sad :( But thanks!

• @gabe-brl No worries :) If you need to - now you know how :)

• But i'm in Belgium and my system is set on French and the game is still in English :/
    and my brother's one (3 meters from my computer) is in french with same system settings. The only difference is that i installed it 2 weeks and half ago and my brother installed it yesterday. (I already tried to reinstall it and it doesn't work :S

• The lack of an ingame option to select language is a rather big oversight, but sadly its not the only store app/game that is tied to your OS language.

I would prefer a real option to change it ingame, but for now you can change your region settings as already mentioned, BUT you dont even need to restart your system, just switch language, and launch SoT, and the game will adhere to the new "default" language you selected, even if the rest of your OS is still in your native language (once you are done playing you can switch the region setting back, and its just like it was before.

Yes this "workaround" works, but please RARE, add a language option, as this is complete f***r.

@AthemithTV since you had the client from the last closed beta already installed it remained in english, localization was only added with the stress test client, if you really want that client, you need to uninstall/remove the SoT Closed Beta app, unlist from the beta in the Xbox Insider Hub, and reenter the beta in Xbox insider, this will download the client anew, with the localization changes

• @eshtan doesn't work, I uninstalled and unlist from beta 2 times, and still english.

• @helveticus1965 hm it changed my game to localized, and i had the previous closed beta client installed prior to this.

do you still have the "release" app installed too?
    your region setting isnt set to english anyway?

• I deinstalled everything, incl the xbox insider hub, everything.

which region setting? I'm in switzerland and never had another region, in windows everything is german, except this app.

• I have a friend from Spain and it is sometimes difficult to communicate things if we both are forced to play in our native languages instead of being able to set it to English. And the German localization is incomplete and buggy, especially on some riddles, which causes some frustration. Luckily we have those tests to find this stuff before launch ^^

• Ok, new Beta new try.
    I installed Beta again and still english.

NO CHANCE to change it to my OS-System.

I think I quit this game before it's charged.

• Ok my Support-Ticket:
    I'm from switzerland and EVERYTHING in my Win10 system is german. Windows language german, xbox insider=german, microsoftstore automatic switzerland. But Sea of thieves is in english. Installed last beta and finalbeta 4-5 times from scratch, still english. How to avoid the final game is english?

Support-Answer:
    Ahoy Helveticus1965,

Thank you for contacting Sea of Thieves Support.

The complete list of supported languages will be announced very soon and available after the game release. Please keep your eyes on the news channels on our website!

In case you have any other request or questions, don't hesitate to write us again.

Best regards,
    Sea of Thieves Customer Support

And now?:

Man sooo cool, in case I have another question I never contact the support again.
    No answer is better than this stupid answer. German is supported in the final beta but not for me.
    Hey it’s a beta, doesn’t bother me, but I asked now before I have the problems with the final product.

And the funny part? They charged me exact this morning for an order I made a few month ago LOL.

• @helveticus1965 sadly got the same problem.
    It really annoying you cant change it just ingame.

• @helveticus1965 The game is only in English during the beta, probably due to problems with some translations. Mine is also in English and I am Spanish.

• @el-espectro-0 Thats not true, check Twitch, every german channel Shows there is german possible ingame.

• @helveticus1965 Well, then it is possible that it is a bug, I apologize for the wrong information.

Try contacting the support again by reopening the ticket you sent if you still can write in the text box below the answer.

A friend also had it in English so I do not know what the exact problem may be :(

• @gabe-brl yes this would be really helpfull if i don't have to set my whole system to english!

• i wasn't able to switch language . so ANNOYING !

Views
1 out of 18