Release time?

• Sooo, I started a thread about IPG before the full release so we can set our pirate in peace, buuut a problem about the time of the release came out, and i wanted to know if there is any reliable source of information about the release. Is it going to be a rolling release or 12:00 UK time ?

Views
  • It's a rolling release, easily observed by visiting a variety of regional MS Store pages for SoT.

On the Irish page (my local one) it states:
    Release date: Tuesday 20 March 2018, 00:00:00

German:
    Veröffentlichungsdatum: Montag, 19. März 2018, 23:00:00

11PM my local time would be midnight in Germany itself, were I located in Germany it would say 00:00:00 (and Dienstag, Tuesday) and the Irish would be 01:00:00.

• @oldmansutii Oh, i didn't think about checking it that way. I guess its confirmed then

• It will probably release straight away 00:00 GMT but the servers probably go live at 12:00 am

• Tuesday 20 March 2018, 00:00:00 in Italian MS (we have the same local time with German, but same release as the Irish)

• @capt-neuromante The case is, everyone's release date in the MS is the same. It's 12:00, because if it is a rolling release everyone gets to play at 12am THEIR time. Although when u go to a different ms store (being in your region) it will tell you a different time, since it shows it in your time.

• @thetimone GASP! Seems logic

• I'm Central Time in US. Release Time for me is 3/19/2018 @ 11PM

• @balloonzoo46093 Really should be Midnight your time should it not? Everywhere else is midnight...

• @aprovoked-mango said in Release time?:

@balloonzoo46093 Really should be Midnight your time should it not? So thats like 4am roughly UK time? Dependant on US local and Daylight savings included

I don't know, but that's what it it says at my store when I look at it. Honestly I personally wont be actually playing until early morning US Central Time on 3/20 though. Update** I will be playing an all nighter! Bad storms coming though so I don't know if power goes out. Please Please don't! LOL

• @balloonzoo46093 Huh, weird. Oh well we will all get it when we get it haha. Im stuck on waiting on the postie and I swear if amazon let me down on release like they did with DBFZ, heads will roll

• I'm sure we'll find out exactly when we can play during today's livestream in 4.5 hours.

• im Central Us as well and it says 11p on 3-19 as well, but at that time isnt like 5am in the UK on the 20th so we are not getting it any earlier, or anything, works for me i took the week off...lol

• im also german ,but i guess it will release in ireland 11:00pm and in germany 12:00 am

• It is going to be a rolling release so it should open up at 12:00AM on March 20th for everyone, if it opens earlier due to your region being at that time consider yourself a lucky pirate!

• @dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Release time?:

It is going to be a rolling release so it should open up at 12:00AM on March 20th for everyone, if it opens earlier due to your region being at that time consider yourself a lucky pirate!

This seems innacurate based on what each of us are saying. It looks like the rolling start is Each Geographical area. And it rolls through each time zone. For the US that means (according to whats reported here) The East Coast will be 12pm on 19th, Central 11pm 19th, Mountain 10pm 19th, West Coast 9pm 19th.
    So the US release date is 3/19 actually. It will be same for Europe and others. Each will start at 12pm but it "rolls" through each time zone within that area.

• The real question is, will game pass players be able to begin the download of the game at 00:01am on the 20th March. I hope to start the download then so that when I get up, it will be ready to play.

• @ogshawnyboy-tt said in Release time?:

@dhg-ixxrmacxxi said in Release time?:

It is going to be a rolling release so it should open up at 12:00AM on March 20th for everyone, if it opens earlier due to your region being at that time consider yourself a lucky pirate!

This seems innacurate based on what each of us are saying. It looks like the rolling start is Each Geographical area. And it rolls through each time zone. For the US that means (according to whats reported here) The East Coast will be 12pm on 19th, Central 11pm 19th, Mountain 10pm 19th, West Coast 9pm 19th.
    So the US release date is 3/19 actually. It will be same for Europe and others. Each will start at 12pm but it "rolls" through each time zone within that area.

the way your describing it would actually be 12:00AM eastern on 3/20 11:00PM central 3/19 and so on

• @ogshawnyboy-tt What's happening is the entire US gets the game released at the same time, rather than each Time Zone having to wait until 12am on the 20th. So when the first US time zone (Eastern) hits 12am, the game releases for everyone across the country. West coasters are getting it at the same instance as East coasters, there just happens to be a lucky three hour time difference for them.

• It releases at midnight for New Zealand (NZDT) right?

That means we can get spoilers and streams starting at 7am on the east coast in the US!

• @ogshawnyboy-tt Pacific Time for me. 9pm Monday evening. Woo-hoo!

• @ogshawnyboy-tt said in Release time?:

I'm Central Time in US. Release Time for me is 3/19/2018 @ 11PM

@racmop said in Release time?:

Mine's March 19th 10 p.m. mountain time

Yep. They wanted same time release across NA I guess, so it releases at midnight on the east coast, which is 11 central, 10 mountain, 9pm west coast.

• Ahh, I see you all have a keen eye. You can find information on when you can play in your region here!

• @khaleesibot so all I need to do is redirect my connection through a server in another time zone so that I can start as early as possible. Is that right? I think your idea of starting at different times is not a well refined one. I get it that your servers will probably fail if everybody joins at the same time but at least split us in regions based on the closest server and not based on what our country decided to use as our time zone.

• @thetimone o im confused, when is it releasing centrl time

• @jackkattack6 I is a rolling release, it launches at 12 in every timezone in it's time ; )

• @ogshawnyboy-tt Same here

• @jackkattack6 said in Release time?:

@thetimone o im confused, when is it releasing centrl time

IT RELEASES AT 11PM CENTRAL US

• @ogshawnyboy-tt You're an idiot. How did you come to conclusion of the game releasing at 12 p.m. eastern? Next time you make statements make sure you have factual information to give.

• @xx-meltdown because that when it releases

• @xx-meltdown said in Release time?:

@ogshawnyboy-tt You're an idiot. How did you come to conclusion of the game releasing at 12 p.m. eastern? Next time you make statements make sure you have factual information to give.

Founder? LOL

1 post in a year? Funny Stuff

• @ogshawnyboy-tt 12 pm on the 19th?? Nah its 12 am on the 20TH!

• I'm in the US....will go live in less than 12 hours

Views
1 out of 36