PvP and Pirate Legend.

• This is a PvP game, why doesn't PvP give you rep or even count towards becoming a Pirate Legend?

Asking for a friend.

Views
  • I am sure it is because the developers do not view this as a PvP game. This is something we will likely never know for sure though. I had asked in the AMA on reddit shortly before launch but it was passed over for less serious questions.

• Its does give you rep. But only after you have aquired someone elses treasure and turn it in. And you dont get rep for just killing because it could be used as an exploit

• @edemardil I think rep should be gained for whatever specific faction the killed pirate has highest... and maybe some big rep gains for killing Pirate Legends once we start to see more of those around...

• @nwo-azcrack you only get rep for the first kill

Problem solved

• This is NOT a PvP game... This is an adventure game with some PvP elements. Rare isn't going to reward PvP, Ubisoft is making a PvP pirate game called "Skull and Bones" if you are looking for pirate themed PvP action I suggest you try that game instead. In Sea of Thieves crews are intended to work together as often as they fight, definitely not a PvP game.

• @lord-sphinktus Couldn't agree more.

• @edemardil said in PvP and Pirate Legend.:

This is a PvP game, why doesn't PvP give you rep or even count towards becoming a Pirate Legend?

Asking for a friend.

This is definitely a PvP game, and I agree they need to have something that tracks the amount of ships sunk.

• You get rep for taking their treasure and selling it.

• I think your Definition of PVP is very loose here.

When I think PVP I think games like CoD, Star Wars Battlefront, Rainbow Six Seige, Overwatch, PubG and Fortnite. Games that are developed with a STRONG primary focus on interacting with the other players in the world.

When I think PVP with PVE elements, I think about League of Legends, Dota, and marginally some fighters like Injustice, where you can minimally interact with the environment for improvement on your PVP style.

When I think of PVE - it is games like Monster Hunter World, MANY MMOs without the arena, many single player games like Skyrim.

Then there is PVE with PVP aspects. This is where SoT comes in. It is 90% PVE. That means there is an extremely STRONG primary focus on the player's interaction with their environment and an extremely WEAK focus on other player interaction. The three questing groups are based on interacting with the environment and world around you. This is the core concept of the game. The other PVE moments are the Forts and the Krakens. PVP is only here for other player inaction, which is about 10% of the game.

So while you may deem this as a PVP, this is a PVE with a minor emphasis on PVP. That means that it is a distraction to completing the main objectives. PVP does not improve gameplay in order to accomplish missions. It may improve some players ideas of the game, but it does not help them accomplish the main goal of the game.

So to answer your question - This is a PvP game, why doesn't PvP give you rep or even count towards becoming a Pirate Legend?

Because this is not a PvP game and it does not give you rep or count towards rewards because you are not a KEY objective of the game. You are an outside influence.

• This is a sandbox game that allows you to PvP and PvE. The choice is yours. Why are people putting percentages on what is what... I'll never know.
    @Nightmare247365 @Lord-Sphinktus

Views
1 out of 11