Who are the crew in "Tales from the Sea of Thieves"?

• The crew to which I am refering are the two women who find Flameheart's journal "Diving Bel" and "Nine Cat Nura" are they in this picture or have they not actually been designed? alt text

Views
  • I believe the above is the crew of the Athena's Fortune.

• @bran-the-ent I suppose that would make sense even if we only see a few of them in the Legend Chamber...

• This is Diving Bel...

alt text

• @surveyorpete alt text

• SPOILERS

Just to be fair, "Diving Bel" is a woman, and most importantly, the wife of "Nine Cat Nura" who is, in fact, a man. They were both pirates, and also the ones who have found, not only Flamehearts journal, but they were also the ones to also find the ship wreck of The Silver Blade which was Flameheart's ship... They found the chest on flameheart's ship, and did with it what they considered to be right until it was removed from their hands...
    I suspect that they may or may not be apart of the game sooner than later, perhaps as maroons or suffered the fate of Flameheart himself and turned to skeletal form, but much is to be left to interpretation as most of the lore has not been implemented into the game YET... but we can only hope it happens soon! Let me know if you need any other information!

• @bilge-rat-rome Just reread some of the book and this passage Indicates they are both women... "Hopefully Nura wont ever be that mad at me that she would just stay to teach me a lesson." but i appreciate the other info's restatement...

• Nura and Bel were both women and married to one another. There’s never been any evidence to the contrary.

• @bilge-rat-rome & @Genuine-Heather Just popping in to confirm that Nine Cat Nura is indeed a woman. :)

• Well so much for reading the book now that i came across this post..lol SPOILER ALET!!

• @genuine-heather said in Who are the crew in "Tales from the Sea of Thieves"?:

Nura and Bel were both women and married to one another. There’s never been any evidence to the contrary.

Thank you! I literally copied that quoted line from the book sitting in front of me... @Bilge-Rat-Rome "Hopefully Nura wont ever be that mad at me that she would just stay to teach me a lesson."

• @iceman-0007 Holy badges Bat Man! sorry about that I assumed anyone who was going to read it had done so by this point.

• @sir-megaladon No worries just gives me a reason to read it more now..lol

• @zz-emerz-zz said in Who are the crew in "Tales from the Sea of Thieves"?:

@bilge-rat-rome & @Genuine-Heather Just popping in to confirm that Nine Cat Nura is indeed a woman. :)

Thank you for your time and input :)

• @zZ-Emerz-Zz @Genuine-Heather Well thats progressive... Just read and there are quite a few indicators as to the fact that she is, indeed, a female and married to "marisabel"... guess my toxic male masculinity blinded the fact that women can also marry each other in the diverse world of Sea of Thieves, where all are accepted as one... I wont be making that mistake again in the future... Also need to re-read the story as that changes the visuals in my head so much that it could read like an entirely new tale... Hooray for diversity... Honestly glad i was wrong as the truth of the matter was more pleasing than the arguement i was trying to make (or thought i was trying to make lol) @Sir-Megaladon it looks like i was feeding you the wrong info good sir... please forgive my lack of attention to detail

• @bilge-rat-rome said in Who are the crew in "Tales from the Sea of Thieves"?:

@zZ-Emerz-Zz @Genuine-Heather Well thats progressive... Just read and there are quite a few indicators as to the fact that she is, indeed, a female and married to "marisabel"... guess my toxic male masculinity blinded the fact that women can also marry each other in the diverse world of Sea of Thieves, where all are accepted as one... I wont be making that mistake again in the future... Also need to re-read the story as that changes the visuals in my head so much that it could read like an entirely new tale... Hooray for diversity... Honestly glad i was wrong as the truth of the matter was more pleasing than the arguement i was trying to make (or thought i was trying to make lol) @Sir-Megaladon it looks like i was feeding you the wrong info good sir... please forgive my lack of attention to detail

They are Pirates... They by default reject everything society says is the "norm" so yes its completely plausible for two women to be married or for all races and creeds to be welcome and accepted as one on the seas. Glad to see you recognize your faults and address them... :)

• @bilge-rat-rome said in Who are the crew in "Tales from the Sea of Thieves"?:

@zZ-Emerz-Zz @Genuine-Heather Well thats progressive... Just read and there are quite a few indicators as to the fact that she is, indeed, a female and married to "marisabel"... guess my toxic male masculinity blinded the fact that women can also marry each other in the diverse world of Sea of Thieves, where all are accepted as one... I wont be making that mistake again in the future... Also need to re-read the story as that changes the visuals in my head so much that it could read like an entirely new tale... Hooray for diversity... Honestly glad i was wrong as the truth of the matter was more pleasing than the arguement i was trying to make (or thought i was trying to make lol) @Sir-Megaladon it looks like i was feeding you the wrong info good sir... please forgive my lack of attention to detail

Awesome response. 🙂 I can totally understand how easily someone might misread the book. It’s human nature. Our imaginations fill in the gaps based upon our own experiences and perceptions. And Tales from the Sea of Thieves leaves a lot to the imagination. I love how the book answers questions and ties together the game world, while still maintaining a sense of mystery. For every question answered, it raises ten more.

As for Nura and Bel, I really appreciate how their relationship is presented as matter of fact. No big thing. It’s little wonder some people may gloss right over it without realizing they’re both women.

• @sir-megaladon

Just to add to the confusion, there's a video by Spur Creative who created a 'Belle' character for 2017 E3.... unsure if she is Bel or another character we have yet to meet -

• @genuine-heather said

Nura and Bel were both women and married to one another. There’s never been any evidence to the contrary.

Gawd dang, I've never been more interested in reading SoT lore than I am right now.
    Where do I get this book you speak of? :p

• @genuine-heather I still wonder why one would think Nura is the name of a male pirate. Unless there is a tradition for male pirates to call themselves Sissi, Fiona or Aurora that I'm not aware of.

• @katttruewalker said

Just to add to the confusion, there's a video by Spur Creative who created a 'Belle' character for 2017 E3.... unsure if she is Bel or another character we have yet to meet -

In other words, you're not sure on the details but the face rings a bell. lol :o)

• @katttruewalker I love this game too much lol This is amazing! Like, I wish you could buy stuff like this as mantle sets. I'd kill for a 3D printed foul bounty skull.

• @salems-reject

There are a lot of very talented craftsfolk creating such items and @lizalaroo runs a competition now and again where she very kindly gives away pieces of her work :)

This category has some great examples!

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/category/4/fan-creations-the-galley

• @katttruewalker Ooo thankie for the insight, i'll sail right on over lol

• @katttruewalker Belle who often makes appearances at shows and events like in the video, isn't the same as Bel. I know its confusing :P

• @KattTruewalker @Genuine-Heather @Sir-Megaladon @zZ-Emerz-Zz I love this giant beautiful and diverse community that not only does Rare portray in the game(and its lore and history) but how it brings all people together from all walks of life IRL... as we are on the sea and we are pirates and the line ends there... and the adventures start... love this game... maybe even the community more... but damn am i one happy pirate... love you all, and hope to see ya on the scurvy seas!!

• @zz-emerz-zz Will we ever get information on Belle? So far we've only had the Figure for over a year, she looks like a really interesting character!

• Oh and @KattTruewalker i saw that video and was just like that is a sick statue but didnt even put the connection together, but there has to be one as there is no way they just randomly thought of a "bell" like sculpture with a Female pirate as Bel is, and not to mention the entire theme of the statue looks to be as though it was taken over by the same curse as the chest, as all of the colors match as well as the story line itself... who knows what Rare has up their sleeves but im stoked to say the least...

Views
1 out of 31