What's next, private servers?

• They listened for those who complained about crossplay, but there is still people those who complain about private servers.

It's good thing that devs listening to what community is saying, but they don't need to do it just because some people asks for it and definitely not the best time for making a crossplay announcement right now, splitting community in half. There is a lot of hype right now around the game and with all this bugs right now in the game and how long it takes them to bring us some new content what would be better if they would work on arena and not on crossplay. Bringing arena right now is much more important to the game player base, it would keep new and old players interested in this game. There is insane amount of stuff they can add to the game and make so FUN! But no, let's do crossplay...

This game was advertised as crossplay and everyone should know it when buying it, but after playing sometime, you realizing that you can't play against PC players and starting to complain about it. I don't see logic in this.

I think when crossplay mega thread has 1.1k posts and 4.5k views and it still rising, something is not right...

Maybe make it like some people said already, make crossplay optional only for arena? Then I'm pretty sure no one will care because it will not touch adventure mode servers and they will be always populated and arena will be always populated too because I assume it's like a matchmaking where it's finding full lobby.

idk, just seems poor decision for me.

Views
  • @bundui Oh you know it brother, of course that's next. Once x-box users realise there are just as many toxic players on both sides and they get sunk just as much by better players on the same console, there will now be NEW issues to whine about. There will be more posts and complaints about needing safe zones and PVE/private servers, nerfing skeleton ships, kraken, etc. since the cross-play removal has already been achieved. Rare said they wouldn't want to remove the risk/excitement aspect of the game, but after all, they said they wouldn't compromise with crossplay either.

• @bloodybil said in What's next, private servers?:

Once x-box users

Who, me?

• @bloodybil I absolutely agree with you, it's so sad that devs become something like a puppy that follows what someone will say. Like other people mentioned, they will need to create xbox one, xbox one x and etc. servers, just because they have faster load. Sad what they did.

• @bundui Ahoy there!

Over the last 11 months Rare has gradually become one of my favorite developers. Not because I'm a fan boy who's obsessed with the game or because I grew up playing a lot of their titles but because they genuinely listen to their player base. Not only that but they keep us informed about what's happening in the studio and what they're working on. They're tight lipped about certain in-development features but they occasionally toss us a carrot, whether on purpose or by accident. Rare actually cares about their game and more importantly their community. It's one of the main reasons why Sea of Thieves ranks so highly on my list of all time favorites.

With all of that being said, Rare takes everything into consideration before rolling a feature out. They read the forums, browse their social media channels, chat with fans in person, collect and analyze various data points, and build a system they believe fits in line with their vision for Sea of Thieves. The decision to allow optional cross play wasn't because they seen it posted "X" amount of times on the forums, it was decided after taking in all the above points. They believe it's best for the community as a whole. But enough about cross play, we fortunately have a mega thread available to discuss that here: [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

As for the inclusion of private servers. They've talked about private servers before but most recently have discussed the inclusion of private servers in their latest stream Sea of Thieves Weekly Stream: The Playground! The discussion begins at 1:38:00. You should totally check it out if you get the chance but in short they basically said they understand why people want private servers, to sail around and play with their friends, to battle their friends, and to create uninterrupted competitions. They said that they've talked about it and it's not in their immediate plans but they're discussing it in the next batch of things to come. However, they still need to figure out how it'll work from a design perspective.

Now I know that might seem a bit eerie to some but nothing is finalized yet, in fact they haven't even started working on them. For all we know the progression on a private server might not transfer to the public Adventure mode. For instance your progression from the public Adventure mode could transfer into a private server but all progress you make on that private server is lost when you leave and load in on a public server. This would allow players to relax and play the game with their friends while still requiring them to play the on the public servers in order to progress. I'm just speculating, we'll have to wait until further down the road when they further discuss this topic.

Hope that helps!

• @bundui I think different x-box versions servers would be reaching a bit, but I get your point, what is true equality? How do you achieve or define it?

Someone made a great point in the megathread about console users having better monitors, faster internet speed, or fancy controllers, there will always be people having excuses to cover their shortcomings. "Pff... I got sunk because the other guys had X,Y,Z I couldn't have done anything, please fix it". Improvise, adapt, overcome.

I think the m+k addition is amazing and I am sure the weapon tweaks will address much of the combat issues, I just wish there could have been more solutions/compromises done to satisfy both player bases and raise them up to the same level, instead of throwing the towel and separating them. Bring the console players up to speed and give them some help so they can compete better, if they feel they are disadvantaged. I'd rather face players with aim assist than sailing empty seas lol.

• At this point, who cares? Rare is going to divide the game up as they feel is appropriate. Arena, Crossplay, PvE, Private Servers - if there is a demand it's going to happen whether its "good" or "bad".

As long as there are other pirates on the servers I'm playing on and they have enough dev time devoted to creating new content I don't care.

• @bloodybil about xbox servers that was a joke, haha, to give a ex. of how rare following their community.

• I'll always play open world SoT.

That being said, as a father with a 6 year old boy and a 13 year old girl who really love this game, it would be nice for them to play together with friends without being harrassed and called [insert all the bad words you've heard from other sea farers].

They love this game, but they have to party chat or plug in headset and mute it and leave it on the floor as to avoid some of our more outspoken colleagues!

I'm fine with no loot/progression private servers for my kids sake. The game is fun without grinding for cosmetics.

• The playerbase has not been split in half, more like 20/80 (pc and xbox). Lets just hope the PC community will survive... or there will be see lots of lonely sailors on the crossplay seas. :/

But yeah, its really good that Rare listens to the community and acts accordingly... lets just hope they made the right choice. Then again perhaps nothing will change and people continue to mostly play together (crossplay). :/

• @je0rgie-p0rgie It's not always good to do what community asks for, sometimes it's better to leave it as it is. All this mess with crossplay, I can easily say a lot of people don't like that and it means that they didn't do a good job analyzing they just brought more "X".

@hooligan-wift said in What's next, private servers?:

I'll always play open world SoT.

That being said, as a father with a 6 year old boy and a 13 year old girl who really love this game, it would be nice for them to play together with friends without being harrassed and called [insert all the bad words you've heard from other sea farers].

They love this game, but they have to party chat or plug in headset and mute it and leave it on the floor as to avoid some of our more outspoken colleagues!

I'm fine with no loot/progression private servers for my kids sake. The game is fun without grinding for cosmetics.

Fine with that, when you get no exp or money, but all people complain that they getting "harassed" they call that getting killed by another crew and then need private servers so they can farm peacefully.

• @d3adst1ck said in What's next, private servers?:

At this point, who cares? Rare is going to divide the game up as they feel is appropriate. Arena, Crossplay, PvE, Private Servers - if there is a demand it's going to happen whether its "good" or "bad".

As long as there are other pirates on the servers I'm playing on and they have enough dev time devoted to creating new content I don't care.

Lots of people care apparently. Especially people that are worried the pool of players they play with is about to shrink down considerably. We shall sail together, anyone?

@bundui said in What's next, private servers?:

@bloodybil about xbox servers that was a joke, haha, to give a ex. of how rare following their community.

Yeah I understood you were exagerating, still, true equality can be subjective

@hooligan-wift said in What's next, private servers?:

I'll always play open world SoT.

Thats great but how exactly is that a PC only thing? Let me assure you, x-box players can use as much foul language as PC ones. What happens when they get cussed out by other x-box users?

@ghostfire1981 said in What's next, private servers?:

The playerbase has not been split in half, more like 20/80 (pc and xbox). Lets just hope the PC community will survive... or will be see lots of lonely sailors on the crossplay seas. :/

Thats what people seems mostly worried about, not the "hur dur no more free loot". That seems to be quite a hard concept to understand it seems.

It's quite ironic how the last dev update gospels about inclusivity and being against discrimination, yet I have never seen such prejudice against PC players in the last few threads on crossplay matters from the player base.

"HAHAHAR! WE have what WE want, to hell with them if their community dissapear! :D:D:D:D:D"

And then we are labeled the toxic ones.

• @bloodybil Meh, I have been playing since launch and on PC.

I could really care less about the input device option toggle now. It really isn't going to kill even the PC side of the game. The servers only host about 15 people. If there are only like 70 people playing SoT on the PC version then the game has much more worse things happening then this lol.

I really doubt you will even be able to tell a difference at all, honestly. Already get server merged two or 3 times during a long session and that is with cross play on soooo I don't really think it will have such a drastic effect and "kill" the PC community as people talk about it.

• I suppose it’s always good for a developer to listen to the community, unless it is something you don’t agree with.. then shame on them!

And I believe they will be adding private servers in the future also.

And then we are labeled the toxic ones.

Everybody is labeled as toxic.

It's the friggin' internet, my dude.

• @bloodybil I was commenting on private servers.

I dont think the separation is a great idea. I've stated before I get killed by xbox and PC players with wreck less abandon! I'll still play with both.

• @bundui not down for risk free farming. I am down for an open world SoT where my kids can fight skeles and kill megs without worry!

@bundui Oh you know it brother, of course that's next. Once x-box users realise there are just as many toxic players on both sides and they get sunk just as much by better players on the same console, there will now be NEW issues to whine about. There will be more posts and complaints about needing safe zones and PVE/private servers, nerfing skeleton ships, kraken, etc. since the cross-play removal has already been achieved. Rare said they wouldn't want to remove the risk/excitement aspect of the game, but after all, they said they wouldn't compromise with crossplay either.

Finally someone with brains! - i have tried to say this in other topics but people are people!

@bundui Oh you know it brother, of course that's next. Once x-box users realise there are just as many toxic players on both sides and they get sunk just as much by better players on the same console, there will now be NEW issues to whine about. There will be more posts and complaints about needing safe zones and PVE/private servers, nerfing skeleton ships, kraken, etc. since the cross-play removal has already been achieved. Rare said they wouldn't want to remove the risk/excitement aspect of the game, but after all, they said they wouldn't compromise with crossplay either.

I mean, in all fairness there’s already all those requests on the forums anyway, there has been since day one so you can’t blame that on people wanting crossplay although I’m sure no whenever anyone has a problem with SoT it’s going to be crossplays fault lol.

And the developers have also stated on numerous occasions the game will evolve over time, that’s why we have skeleton ships, originally something what was never going to happen, it’s why we have Alliances another thing that was never going to happen..

The developers are doing good work, they are keeping to there vision of what they believe SoT should be but also making room for changes based on community feedback.

They are never going to make everyone happy but at the end of the day I think it’s fair that the crossplay people get there chance to play fair or even try it, considering we haven’t had that option yet and have had to play by the PC rules.

• @knifelife said in What's next, private servers?:

And the developers have also stated on numerous occasions the game will evolve over time, that’s why we have skeleton ships, originally something what was never going to happen, it’s why we have Alliances another thing that was never going to happen..

I don't think we have skeleton ships because people asked for it - they had been prototyping them for months, all the way back to the Unity test build. Either they didn't think they could get them to work when they said there would never be AI ships, or they weren't telling the truth at the time.

• @d3adst1ck said in What's next, private servers?:

@knifelife said in What's next, private servers?:

I don't think we have skeleton ships because people asked for it - they had been prototyping them for months, all the way back to the Unity test build. Either they didn't think they could get them to work when they said there would never be AI ships, or they weren't telling the truth at the time.

Don’t know mate it’s possible I’m just throwing out the excuses people use to try and dictate what the game should be.

During the TA they specified that the only sails you would ever see on the horizons are those of the human player. A big portion of the community wasn’t a fan off that and I believe on the launch poll that a member done. (Top of the list on most popular threads) one of the highest voted was AI ships I believe and now we have.

My point is we don’t necessarily know what effects changes will have on the game untill they actually launch.
    I for one am glad we got the Cursed sails event and I really enjoyed it and love the new addition. :)

• Private servers are coming, it is more a matter of when, not if. Joe Neate has said as such on a couple of occasions, both in written form (redit) and in a live stream. Fact is, there are many, many reasons to want private servers.

I know many will argue that it makes the game easier, but that may or may not be the case. It all depends on why you are using the private server. I also know many will argue against those of us that want to play a cartoon pirate game with our kids because of a rating. Which is funny because Joe Neate has said on multiple occasions they wanted SoT to be a game the whole family can enjoy together.

As for reasons to want private servers, as I said there are many. You want to have competitive game play against your friends or a community you are in. Something like a skull ball challenge, or capture the flag type game, a treasure hunt raise, or just a straight up lets go at it and see who is better at combat. I certainly do not think any of these reasons for a private server make it any easier other than saving communities time so they don't have to bully or buy out a server, which is what they have to do now.

You might want a private server to play with other families, and while still be competitive or allow combat, you don't want the risk of toxicity. Again, does not mean this server is any easier than a random server.

You want to go out and explore the SoT world without worrying about anyone else interfering with what you are doing. Not really there for gold or rep, just out enjoying the wonderful world Rare built.

You might want to stock up your ship and go out against Kraken, Megs and skelly ships without worrying about someone random interfering. (one of the most frustrating things for me is fighting a kraken, wanting to fight the kraken, and some random player ship pulls up just outside the ink to help the kraken sink my ship, especially when it serves no purpose, there is no loot or anything for them to gain by doing it, and certainly, since I can't fight back, there is no challenge). I personally love fighting skelly ships. One of the greatest additions to the game as far as I am concerned.

As for just how easy a private server would be, even if you only wanted to do a private server for PvE, would it really be all that much easier? I play on average 4-6 hours per day, everyday. And I can go days without getting any PvP. That is including times where I spend the entire game session at skull forts hoping for some PvP with no one else interested. While there may be other ships out there on the ocean, most of them pose little to no threat.

So having said all that, I personally would use Private Servers to play with my kiddos. I would be ok with a reduction in gold and rep gain on private servers, but I don't believe it should be more than 50% reduction. I want to give my kids a chance to buy cosmetics. They see me play with my many sets of cosmetics and they want them for themselves too.

• For me, as long as large numbers of people play this game, i'm happy whatever they decide to do.. I just want the game to continue.

And if that means private servers, then so be it..

• @bundui private servers would’ve bothered me in the early days of SoT, but with the introduction of alliances and especially the option of joining an exploited discord server, private servers practically already exist. An official private server option would just make access to private servers available to everyone rather than being available to the ones already hungry for manipulating reward systems.

SoT has always been consistent at inconsistency.

• @bundui said in What's next, private servers?:

@je0rgie-p0rgie It's not always good to do what community asks for, sometimes it's better to leave it as it is. All this mess with crossplay, I can easily say a lot of people don't like that and it means that they didn't do a good job analyzing they just brought more "X".

I believe so long as Rare can stay true to their vision of what Sea of Thieves is supposed to be then I don't see why they won't continue to add as much community requested features as possible. At some point they'll draw a line and say, "no that just doesn't fit within the Sea of Thieves universe." In fact Mike talked about this on the latest stream. Someone asked about whether or not they'd add whales or other sea creatures and he said they're open to the idea so long as they could find a way to allow players to interact with them. He said it probably wouldn't be a whale per se but some kind of similar fantastical creature.

This is a prime example of the community requesting a specific feature and Rare attempting to find a way to implement it in a way that works for their vision of the game. At the end of the day Rare decides what makes it into the game and what doesn't. They obviously seen enough momentum behind crossplay and decided to find a way to add it to the game.

It's like @KnifeLife said, you unfortunately can't make everyone happy. The one's upset usually speak the loudest and the noise they make doesn't always accurately reflect how the community as a whole feels.

• Private Servers are confirmed as something that they want to do.

I'm very weary of the idea. In the context of creating a space where people can freely craft their own little games and activities using the tools at their disposal, private servers will be a cool idea.

But there are many design choices that they need to consider very carefully before implementing a private game choice.

I can see multiple crews using this as a place to practice ship combat and fight eachother for laughs and giggles, but if Rare doesn't make the right choice, the good intentions they had will quickly devolve into the majority of the playerbase effectively using them as PvE grind servers.

They would absolutely need to find ways to combat this sort of behavior, like disabling alliances... disabling or limiting progression... whatever it is they do, they have to make sure people aren't incentivized to remove themselves from the public world of Sea of Thieves which allows for the most interesting and genuine experience.

But... I don't know. The crossplay thing damaged my faith in Rare. I could see them allowing all of the same mechanics in a private server that exist in a public server, pretty much adding PvE servers without having to publicly label them as such, and further dividing the player base into Private (PvE) players and people who play the normal game.

The whole Private Server thing making me uneasy.

• I think Rare needs to add private servers but ones where you cant do missions in, forts in or other events of course. I would love to be able to hop on and invite my friends to a server and we can just sail around, explore, have ship battles or whatever we want to do. Ship wrecks and random treasure on islands can be in the servers aswell.

I been saying I want this since the game came out lol people are probably tired of me but I think it would be lots of fun if Rare did this.

• @je0rgie-p0rgie said in What's next, private servers?:

@bundui said in What's next, private servers?:

@je0rgie-p0rgie It's not always good to do what community asks for, sometimes it's better to leave it as it is. All this mess with crossplay, I can easily say a lot of people don't like that and it means that they didn't do a good job analyzing they just brought more "X".

I believe so long as Rare can stay true to their vision of what Sea of Thieves is supposed to be then I don't see why they won't continue to add as much community requested features as possible. At some point they'll draw a line and say, "no that just doesn't fit within the Sea of Thieves universe." In fact Mike talked about this on the latest stream. Someone asked about whether or not they'd add whales or other sea creatures and he said they're open to the idea so long as they could find a way to allow players to interact with them. He said it probably wouldn't be a whale per se but some kind of similar fantastical creature.

This is a prime example of the community requesting a specific feature and Rare attempting to find a way to implement it in a way that works for their vision of the game. At the end of the day Rare decides what makes it into the game and what doesn't. They obviously seen enough momentum behind crossplay and decided to find a way to add it to the game.

It's like @KnifeLife said, you unfortunately can't make everyone happy. The one's upset usually speak the loudest and the noise they make doesn't always accurately reflect how the community as a whole feels.

No clue what are you saying. "Rare attempting to find a way to implement it in a way that works for their vision of the game." Their vision was crossplatform game in the beginning, you either do crossplatform or you don't, some people maybe bough the game because of this feature for every players, but now they splitting it just because some guys who don't know how to play the game. I'll give you a example. one xbox player got killed by PC player with sword and blunderbuss and he started yelling I'm so glad double guns getting fixed, and this is the type of players who is crying about crossplatform.

"I don't see why they won't continue to add as much community requested features as possible." Oh yea dude, everyone in the community is asking for it and as I said before, devs don't need to add everything that community asks for it. This is very bad decision they made. There is much more important updates needed to the game that needs to be implemented.

• @chronodusk said in What's next, private servers?:

Private Servers are confirmed as something that they want to do.

I'm very weary of the idea. In the context of creating a space where people can freely craft their own little games and activities using the tools at their disposal, private servers will be a cool idea.

But there are many design choices that they need to consider very carefully before implementing a private game choice.

I can see multiple crews using this as a place to practice ship combat and fight eachother for laughs and giggles, but if Rare doesn't make the right choice, the good intentions they had will quickly devolve into the majority of the playerbase effectively using them as PvE grind servers.

They would absolutely need to find ways to combat this sort of behavior, like disabling alliances... disabling or limiting progression... whatever it is they do, they have to make sure people aren't incentivized to remove themselves from the public world of Sea of Thieves which allows for the most interesting and genuine experience.

But... I don't know. The crossplay thing damaged my faith in Rare. I could see them allowing all of the same mechanics in a private server that exist in a public server, pretty much adding PvE servers without having to publicly label them as such, and further dividing the player base into Private (PvE) players and people who play the normal game.

The whole Private Server thing making me uneasy.

I absolutely agree with you, where you can practice, just spend some fun time, but knowing how they making their decision I feel like when they will add private servers it will be completely bad idea. Problem is that with this alliances there is already "PVE" servers with full of players doing athena farm. I'm not sure how they will do private servers avoiding it. They will probably just add it because people complained that other crews killing and saying that they getting "harassed", same what happened with crossplay.

• Don't PC players make up like less than 10% of the total players? So let me get this straight. People are getting destroyed SO bad they are asking to remove (make optional) cross-platform because they think the only reason they are being annihilated is due to people using mouse and keyboard. All this, despite the fact that 90%+ of the people they play against are using controllers as well. I have a bit of bad news for these people. I really don't mean to be harsh but removing people who are better than you won't make you any better. If you are being beat so soundly you need to remove a section of the community so you can be in an environment where you think you have a chance to win then you won't fare any better because chances are you are at the bottom % of players and are going to be losing regardless.

There are plenty of people who absolutely destroy me and there are those that I beat easily. It's the nature of the game. I wouldn't ever want to remove those better than me because that's what gives things a challenge. It's how you get better. If you beat everyone easily then you don't get better. The change and allow people to remove a chunk of people to play with doesn't even solve the problem. All that will change is these people will go from "mouse and keyboard people have an unfair advantage" to "there are too many cheaters" to "the game is broken" to "this game is bad and that's why I lose." It will never be "maybe I'm not as good as I think."

• @Hooligan-WiFT
    @nofears-fun said in What's next, private servers?:

Private servers are coming, it is more a matter of when, not if. Joe Neate has said as such on a couple of occasions, both in written form (redit) and in a live stream. Fact is, there are many, many reasons to want private servers.

I know many will argue that it makes the game easier, but that may or may not be the case. It all depends on why you are using the private server. I also know many will argue against those of us that want to play a cartoon pirate game with our kids because of a rating. Which is funny because Joe Neate has said on multiple occasions they wanted SoT to be a game the whole family can enjoy together.

As for reasons to want private servers, as I said there are many. You want to have competitive game play against your friends or a community you are in. Something like a skull ball challenge, or capture the flag type game, a treasure hunt raise, or just a straight up lets go at it and see who is better at combat. I certainly do not think any of these reasons for a private server make it any easier other than saving communities time so they don't have to bully or buy out a server, which is what they have to do now.

You might want a private server to play with other families, and while still be competitive or allow combat, you don't want the risk of toxicity. Again, does not mean this server is any easier than a random server.

You want to go out and explore the SoT world without worrying about anyone else interfering with what you are doing. Not really there for gold or rep, just out enjoying the wonderful world Rare built.

You might want to stock up your ship and go out against Kraken, Megs and skelly ships without worrying about someone random interfering. (one of the most frustrating things for me is fighting a kraken, wanting to fight the kraken, and some random player ship pulls up just outside the ink to help the kraken sink my ship, especially when it serves no purpose, there is no loot or anything for them to gain by doing it, and certainly, since I can't fight back, there is no challenge). I personally love fighting skelly ships. One of the greatest additions to the game as far as I am concerned.

As for just how easy a private server would be, even if you only wanted to do a private server for PvE, would it really be all that much easier? I play on average 4-6 hours per day, everyday. And I can go days without getting any PvP. That is including times where I spend the entire game session at skull forts hoping for some PvP with no one else interested. While there may be other ships out there on the ocean, most of them pose little to no threat.

So having said all that, I personally would use Private Servers to play with my kiddos. I would be ok with a reduction in gold and rep gain on private servers, but I don't believe it should be more than 50% reduction. I want to give my kids a chance to buy cosmetics. They see me play with my many sets of cosmetics and they want them for themselves too.

So, about that game being easier, it would be completely easy, you're alone on the server what threat? Oh you mean kraken that got nerfed? Meg that you can escape? Only skeleton ship can give you some problems, but that's it. Then about kids, to be honest idc what Joe is saying about families, their games rated as T, which means (Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.) So I'm a little bit confused why some of the people complaining that their 6 year old kids can't play...

And you are saying that rewards should be no more than 50%, if they will release private servers, rewards should be 0%. Wanna play some fun games with friends? Go for it. Explore around? Go for it, but with 0 rewards.

• They specifically stated that the cross pay was to ensure players are on an equal playing level for the arena in the last developer video.

Private servers do no such thing.

• @bundui said in What's next, private servers?:

No clue what are you saying. "Rare attempting to find a way to implement it in a way that works for their vision of the game." Their vision was crossplatform game in the beginning, you either do crossplatform or you don't, some people maybe bough the game because of this feature for every players, but now they splitting it just because some guys who don't know how to play the game. I'll give you a example. one xbox player got killed by PC player with sword and blunderbuss and he started yelling I'm so glad double guns getting fixed, and this is the type of players who is crying about crossplatform.

You're correct, their vision of the game was cross platform from the beginning and that vision still holds to this day. They're not removing cross platform, they're making it optional for those who wish to play on a more level playing field. However, people will still be able to play with friends on different platforms. Not everyone on Xbox is going to make the switch either. I've seen tons of topics and conversations around the web related to cross platform and the results sound more positive than negative.

Sure, there are a lot of Xbox players who are happy about the option to finally choose to only play with other Xbox players. However, there are a lot of people who have said that they're still going to play with their PC friends. Still others have said they don't feel at a disadvantage now so they don't plan on making the switch either. Cross play still exists, it's not going anywhere, and I don't think it's going to become a "thing of the past" after this update drops.

"I don't see why they won't continue to add as much community requested features as possible." Oh yea dude, everyone in the community is asking for it and as I said before, devs don't need to add everything that community asks for it. This is very bad decision they made. There is much more important updates needed to the game that needs to be implemented.

Everyone in the community? That's simply not true. And as I've said so long as popular community requests continue to fit into what Rare believes Sea of Thieves should be then I don't see a problem with them adding more community requests to the game. For example, if a popular request were that flying ships were introduced to the game Rare would more than likely shut that idea down and say, "no that doesn't fit within our vision, we're not adding flying ships to the game."

This isn't a poor bad decision on Rare's part. The Arena DLC will introduce highly competitive play and in order to create a more balanced experience for everyone playing they are allowing Xbox players to play with others who use the same input devices as them. This seems like the best option to me.

• @pk-r0ckin said in What's next, private servers?:

They specifically stated that the cross pay was to ensure players are on an equal playing level for the arena in the last developer video.

Private servers do no such thing.

Then why not just make it in arena? And leave adventure mode as it is?

@je0rgie-p0rgie I've seen you in quit a lot of different threads and I came to conclusion that you are little baby sucking Rares finger, because you don't really answer on questions, you just repeat what devs said in video update, I don't need to know that, I already know. Every popular streamer (Summit, Doc, Dr.Lupo, Tim) is saying that this is bad thing, lot's of people saying it's bad and you're over here saying oh yea it's fine. (Don't take it as offense, I just don't know how to say it other way).

• @bundui my argument for some rewards but still reduce in private servers is based on what we have now. Devils roar treasure yeilds twice the reward, why? Because the PVE is more difficult and makes it a higher challenge. A private server would be easier. I don’t deny that. But I do argue not that much easier. I play a lot and rarely see any PvP unless I go to forts.

As for the rating, I still don’t want my 13-14 year old subjected to some of the toxicity we do see. And that toxicity is generally there in PvP from the people that think guys like summit are awesome.

Again, it would be easier, but based on the amount of PvP you see, would it really be that much easier?

And don’t forget. There are a lot of reasons to want a private server.

Views
1 out of 42