The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour

• @CaptnJaq said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@Alymon, but by the end your friend will re-sketch and you'll bring that to the parlor?

What? You don't think I should go with my drawing on the left? Are you suggesting that I am not a good artist? /CRY

Yeah, that's the thought. =D I'm still debating it and probably won't decide for a while.

• @Alymon, you can always do a test with henna.
    alt text

not mine of course. i'd get fired ... hold on a minute ... . .dives into henna research..

....Designs last from one to three weeks on the skin, depending on your body temperature, skin type, body chemistry, lifestyle, and where the henna is applied. The average person gets a stain that lasts 10 days to two weeks.

... ..... Swimming in chlorinated water such as pool-water, soaking in a Jacuzzi, washing dishes, and doing housework or strenuous activity like rock-climbing or yoga can accelerate the fading process. Exposure to household detergents and bleaches will also fade it, but you should never apply these strong chemicals directly to the skin. Your best bet is to soak in a Jacuzzi and gently exfoliate your skin once or twice a day, using a loofah or other scrubbing cloth. Henna is permanent on the hair and nails until they grow out.

• @CaptnJaq Yeah, I considered that as an option to kind of test it out. I kind of feel like once I see the design, I'm either going to love it and be committed or back out though.

• @valkyr13x said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@xDILLIGAFx1974 Yeah, this is was another part I forgot about but had definitely been considering. I wanted a nautical star/compass, ship's wheel and an anchor to be incorporated together as well. Too many ideas!

@valkyr13x said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@xDILLIGAFx1974 Yeah, this is was another part I forgot about but had definitely been considering. I wanted a nautical star/compass, ship's wheel and an anchor to be incorporated together as well. Too many ideas!

Lol Charity! You could always get the PPR logo tattooed! That would be so awesome! HAHA!

• @TheAaronLeigh said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

So legit. No one has any tattoos to share? I'm the only one?....

Let's see some ink people.

I'll openly admit, no tattoos... I'm scared to death of needles...

• No tattoos here either, although i have mulled over having one done. I like the small ones and the trend for white ink.

Something along these lines would look pretty good I think.

alt text

alt text

• How do you add files from desktop? None of my tattoo's have been posted on line before So i cant link them haha.
    I have two swallows ( 1 on left outer forearm and one on right ) and then on left inner forearm I just have scripted writing etc

• I'd like another.

This ones on my back
    alt text

• @oFFSpRiNgg22 There are a couple of image hosting sites... but also if they are on facebook you can right click the pic, select copy image address from there and it should post the pic here

• @littleandy454 Ahhh indeed. I havn't put any of them up on facebook but i'll see what I can do..

• @lizalaroo said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

I'd like another.

This ones on my back
    alt text

Is that a clan requirement to get a tattoo? If so that's pretty hardcore.

• i have to agree with @Runic, @lizalaroo. Hard. Core.

• @oFFSpRiNgg22, i use gyazo. it's a screen capturing program/app for you computer [no clue about phones but..]. after capturing the image, it's automatically stored and has shareable links.
  • @Runic

Lol nooooo but when I get into a game I like to have something to remind me of what a fab time was spent there. :)
    I quite fancy the Rare Skull coin as a tat.

• @lizalaroo I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't already talking with my tattoo artist to incorporate the skull I used on the Rare coin in my upcoming sleeve.

EDIT: Even though none of us have even played the game haha I like the design and it reminds me of all the fun I've had on the forums.

• @lizalaroo The Sea of Thieves skull inside a compass rose..I've been mulling that over..a lot....

Here we go, bit like this one maybe...isn't lined up properly but it gives an idea.

alt text

• @KattTruewalker said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@lizalaroo The Sea of Thieves skull inside a compass rose..I've been mulling that over..a lot....

Here we go, bit like this one maybe...isn't lined up properly but it gives an idea.

alt text

Love it! Get it, get it, get it!

• I've been thinking about getting a SoT themed tattoo too but not sure what I want yet. I'll probably play for a bit and try to get something that's based on the "theme" of my gamestyle.

• @KattTruewalker
    Like it!!

• @TheAaronLeigh @lizalaroo :D

• @valkyr13x Some SoT-branded temporary tats would be amazing. Skull/Crossbones, a scar, kraken, mug of grog, etc.. Count me in if we get some.

• @KattTruewalker @lizalaroo

alt text

i have no clue why i didn't ask this from the start, but Liz, did you draw the original? and what program did you use to edit, Katt?

• @CaptnJaq I use a little free program called paint.net

paint.net

• @CaptnJaq
    Nope nothing to do with me :D but Katt has great taste!

• @lizalaroo said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@CaptnJaq
    Nope nothing to do with me :D but Katt has great taste!

i'm sorry. i thought the original was from you. Sorry, @KattTruewalker. was the illustration straight from your hand?

• @CaptnJaq Shiver me timbers, no, i found it on pinterest or somesuch place and applied a pencil effect to the whole thing in paint.net

the original very talented artist

@CaptnJaq Shiver me timbers, no, i found it on pinterest or somesuch place and applied a pencil effect to the whole thing in paint.net

the original very talented artist

Don't you just love Pinterest!

• @lizalaroo Hahahaah! Yes I do.

@lizalaroo The Sea of Thieves skull inside a compass rose..I've been mulling that over..a lot....

alt text

I like it! But I have to admit, I can't tell if it's supposed to be part of the chain at the top or just a few squiggles to help guide the eye, but it kind of looks like the one bird is pooping on the other birds. Obviously an easy fix and likely an artifact from coverting an image to pencil sketch, but if it was going to be a tattoo I would want someone to tell me.

• @CareyBeary21 Hahaha!! I see exactly what you mean. I think a bit of erasing is due there or tweaking, or somesuch. Thank you.

• why i hadn't found this before is beYOND me..
    alt text

i actually had a double take and thought it was real ink the first time lol #longday

• @CaptnJaq There was a competition back in July I remember, on Twitter but they were probably at E3 and the other conferences too..seen a few pop up on ebay too.

• Noting more bad a*s than a man with a mom tat.

alt text

• Okay Fo'Rum. I need your help.

I'm organising to get more work done on my arm, adding onto the tattoo shown below.

Luckily enough I got this crazily talented artist to do it (I have to fly quite a distance to have it done though, will be worth it.) He's even going to go over my current tattoo and fix up/recolour some things.

I need help working out what to add to my sleeve. Basically I'm keeping it Pirate/nautical themed and then hiding little Geek and gaming nods throughout the piece. Any ideas? I need all the help I can get haha so indecisive...

EDIT: I should clarify that by "work done" I mean getting a sleeve. 3/4 to full sleeve. Not sure yet.

@TheAaronLeigh said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

My tattoo.

alt text

• Some examples of the artists work.

Artist Instagram profile

One Piece Sleeve

• Maybe not what you had in mind, but I'd put the raccoon's hands on the blades and have him biting the center.

For the octopus, maybe put something at the end of the tentacle the pirate is facing. It might be a key (hat tip to Davey Jones) or an undead monkey. Or have someone hanging on for dear life as sharks threaten him from below. Or an anchor might be tied to the pirate's feet with treasure on the rope.

Views
community
108 out of 172