Rework on megalodon

• One of my biggest criticisms of the game is about animals and creatures,in this post I intend to show some characteristics that could be added to megalodons for differentials and show them as true animals.
    alt text

• Attacking sailors on the water: If you feed the players who fall into the water, of course with an animation and not just a bite with hit kill.
    • Special skills: Summon skeletons and sharks, cast poison, cause nausea and vomiting, cause violent waves that damage the ship, change the wind and other...
    • Behavior: Make parts of the map the habitat of these animals, level of aggressiveness, appear during periods of day or night, live in storm or haze, lower the level of randomness to appear.
    • Attacks: Bite (standard), Roar(damage to the ship and crew, it also impacts the ship), tail attack, grab and shake, push against stones, drop poison (if he possesses the ability),Attack from below, dealing damage and launching the ship and crew up.
    • Physical differences: it is necessary to differentiate the appearance more, the current models are basically the same only changing the color.
    • Size differences: Size differences to show difficulty level, small medium and large. They would be puppies, young and adults.
    • Attack kraken: They are marine animals competing for food, nothing more natural than fighting each other.

Breeds:

• The Hungering One:
      Habitat: To the east of the ancient islands, where we fought with him during the update the hungering deep.
      Behavior: Aggressive, attacks those who enter its territory, Appears in the time of day, and hunting near islands. The chances of appearing increase when playing merrick's music.
      Skills and Attacks: Summon sharks, bite, bite and shake and push to the rocks (as you will live near islands and rocks).
      Features: Average speed, can reach a sloop easily if you try to escape.

alt text

• The Crested Queen:
      Habitat: To the north of The shores of plenty, in the open sea.
      Behavior: Passive, attack only if attacked, appears in the period of day or night, Chances are high if some crew member is fishing. Flee when staying low life.
      Skills and Attacks: Bite, attack underneath, roar, bite and shake and tail attack.
      Features: It is slow compared to others but compensates with greater resistance.

alt text

• The Shadowmaw:
      Habitat: Devils roar and the wilds, open sea or near the islands.
      Behavior: Aggressive, they are hunters and attack only to destroy you, always appear in pairs, are smaller compared to others but more aggressive. Appears during the day or night. They do not attack galleon, although it appears in the presence of one (they appear but flee soon after) More chances of appearing if the ship is stopped or some crew member is in the water.
      Skills and Attacks: They cause nausea from poison, Bite, Attack from below, push against stones, Distraction (while one surrounds the ship, the other attacks by surprise).
      Features: Due to their small size they are faster than any megalodon but have less resistance. As soon as one of them is defeated the other becomes more aggressive.
      Need size adjustment, be smaller to be able to attack in pairs

alt text

• The Ancient One:
      Habitat: Lives all over Ancient Isles, does not approach islands.
      Behavior: Passive, attacks only when attacked or if the ship is stopped, the chances of appearing increase if you are standing or fishing.
      Skills and Attacks: Throw poison (snake and nausea),bite, tail attack, bite and shake.
      Features: Average speed and high resistance

alt text

• The Shrouded Ghost:
      Habitat: All Sea of thieves, only found in mists or storms.
      Behavior: Aggressive, attacks all who invade your territory, is the greatest of all and their attacks do more damage, some destroy the mast and anchor. He is attracted to Kraken's flesh, the player needs to jump in the water and hold the food.
      Skills and Attacks: It has all the attacks but it does not have poison, summons skeletons inside the player's ship.
      Features: It is the largest but has very high speed and resistance.

alt text

All images are from current megalodons without any changes.

In the future I will make a topic about kraken and after that about the current and future animals.

Views
  • @lleorb I am all in for remakes on current sea life (only if Rare makes encounters harder with more options for the kraken/megs. But the ideas you shared here i do not really feel for.

• The Ancient one could be the most skilled one of all by dodging cannons or attacking your ship when you think he has left.

• @lysergicaa The definitions I put in the megalodons are only based on my vision. The main idea is just to differentiate and give behavior from animals.

currently all megalodon races are the same, the same model only changing the color and only have one type of attack.

Views
3 out of 4