There are not enough Cannon Balls!

• Seriously!!! So much time and effort needs to be put into gathering cannon balls! If your not gonna let us buy them at a Port then at the very least increase there availability by 10-20%

I don’t see anything wrong with buying them. We need a money sink anyway!

Views
  • @glannigan that money sink is exactly the reason why making them purchaseable is an issue, while i and my crew have millions to blow on anything aonce we have bought all the game has to offer a new player does not have that same gold balance, this would create a great imbalance.

Also usually within 10 to 15 minutes after dropping dails we have upwards of 200 cannonballs, from the starting island, a fort we pass or barrels/shipwrecks.

• @callmebackdraft said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

@glannigan that money sink is exactly the reason why making them purchaseable is an issue, while i and my crew have millions to blow on anything aonce we have bought all the game has to offer a new player does not have that same gold balance, this would create a great imbalance.

Also usually within 10 to 15 minutes after dropping dails we have upwards of 200 cannonballs, from the starting island, a fort we pass or barrels/shipwrecks.

I load up as much as possible too. My LFG posts literally tell people “This Galleon Brakes for Barrels”

As that is by far the quickest most efficient way to stock up and maintain supplies.

It’s still way too much work though to gather and keep a decent supply.

I literally don’t want to fight megs and Krakens not because it’s no fun or we can’t do it. It’s not a proper return on Investment (X amount of Cannon Balls for a sh** return of loot).

Rather keep the damn cannon balls!

You have to stock up for over an hour to have enough supplies to even consider a Skelly fleet. And that’s only if you haven’t used any via PVP, Meg, Kraken, etc...

• @glannigan cannonballs are not hard to find. With a crew on 4 you can drop/shoot people off at every passing distraction and have 100s cannonballs quickly.

also @CallMeBackdrafT said making the buyable would create an imbalance.

• @glannigan

I load up as much as possible too. My LFG posts literally tell people “This Galleon Brakes for Barrels”

As that is by far the quickest most efficient way to stock up and maintain supplies.

It’s still way too much work though to gather and keep a decent supply.

I would consider my crew and myself quite efficient on stocking up. Outside of draining that first outpost, of which only takes around 5 minutes or so, we never stop for supplies. Every floating barrel patch we pass by, everyone jumps in the water empty. That is a potential 40 cannonballs, 20 planks, and 20 fruit pieces. The better fruit always being priorities. As long as the boat is pointed straight not leading into anything everyone can go, if not, all but one for steering. You only reduce supplies by a quarter, however, barrel patches are so abundant, that by the time everyone is back, usually another is floating right by. Considering how abundant supplies is everywhere, I see no need to add the option of buying supplies.

It’s not a proper return on Investment (X amount of Cannon Balls for a sh** return of loot).

Wouldn't buying supplies also make the investment garbage as well? You literally have to spend in order to make, by extension, free supplies is a better return on investment. I mean you are somewhat complaining on how the current reasons on expending supplies to gain loot is already not worth it. That only makes spending gold on getting supplies extra not worth it.

Rather keep the damn cannon balls!

What good is hoarding if you aren't going to use them, but if the goal is Fleets, think of other methods to sinking those ships. Gunpowder barrels are by far the most efficient taking the ships down. You gain four holes, while also being in a position to directly guard said holes. If you want to save cannonballs so badly, use these instead. One single stop at a fort provides enough for the whole fleet.

You have to stock up for over an hour to have enough supplies to even consider a Skelly fleet. And that’s only if you haven’t used any via PVP, Meg, Kraken, etc...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are stocking your ship really inefficiently if it is taking that long.

• False I end up with 300 cannon balls left over every game. By the time you leave outpost you have 80. In under 5 minutes. After passing a shipwreck or fort another 30-80 brining you to 160. When passing barrels they have 20 in them at times. If you and your crew are working together it’s a breeze even alone.

Every night I am saddened when I log off leaving all my supplies behind. Generally 200-300 a piece with 30 cursed balls. I try to sell what I can using crates. I also try to give my boat away using looking for group feature.

One tip for fleets. Stock up on barrels at a fort. I don’t use any cannon balls unless we run out of barrels. If you harpoon or ram ship 1 player can jump off keg boat and go down bottom to kill skeletons so they can’t repair. With 1 keg I can alone sink a skeleton ship under 2 min without cannon balls.

If you want play with me sometime we will always be stocked.

• As others mentioned, canonballs are far form being rare in the world and easy to pile up.

Supply management is a part of the gameplay, not only stocking up but also using them wisely. I've had crewmates who would miss 10 canon shots in a row, only to rush downstairs to come back and keep firing, even now that the targets are off range. Had to tell them "stop wasting canon balls, fire when you know you will hit". That or keep firing above the water line of skelly ships when they aren't even taking water yet because no one managed to hit under the water line...

Not everyone is a marksman, that's fine, but when people fire blindly and don't go easy on the ammo, you go through your supplies faster.

If your supplies aren't constantly going up during your whole session (not counting sinkings), the crew aren't managing the supplies properly.

Oh and money-sink wise, nobody should be able to get an advantage over another crew via gold, whatever the bonus they are getting.

• Well clearly NONE of you are shooting nearly as many cannonballs as I am!

Bunch of peaceniks, the whole lot of you!

• @glannigan yesterday I had on a solo sloop about 400 cannonballs...so I don't know what you are talking about rare...you know what's rare...the Shrouded Ghost 🤣

Edit: that was at the end of the session after killing a few skellies, 3 or 4 megs, one kraken 2 skellie ships...and still that much left

• @glannigan

Well clearly NONE of you are shooting nearly as many cannonballs as I am!

Bunch of peaceniks, the whole lot of you!

...or we are just making better more efficient use of them. I mean the only time you really need to use them is against Krakens, Meg, and ships. Player fights can be hours between. Skeleton ships can be dealt with Gunpowder. Kraken is randomly average maybe once an hour, and Meg can be outright ignored. For planks, those are quite easy to not use when you aren't constantly hitting obstacles with your ship. Food is quite abundant, as long as you never use your own stock over what already exist on the island and use the proper fruit for the proper percentage.

• cannonballs are easy to find and you find alot i rarely leave an outpost without 50-80 cannonballs megs and kraken takes like 10-15 depending on what meg your facing and how good you are at aiming and as for ships i tend to board first stop them from being able to repair then have a crew mate shoot a couple of cannonballs into them while i keep killing them wasted no more than 10 cannonballs just like one player said you got to make good use of them and know where to hit and aim i also make sure to stop at a couple of islands along the way to my voyage for restocking

• Cannonballs , hard to find? You mean that you can't gather 300 cannonballs in a minute? That's true but that's all...i gather between 40 to 50 cannonballs in an Outpost , where you start by the way ...Fortresses are sometimes holding up 60 to 80 cannonballs and sometimes you can find the same amount on those floating barrels that drift on the waves of the Sea...

If you play in a crew and you are a bit lazy then i'm sure one is always on the search for them... i use every oppertunity to grab cannonballs and i sometimes raise our starting 45 cannonballs to over twohundred in the first half hour of the game...And that without missing of the fun in this game...Keep yer eyes and pockets open and Cannonballs drop in there like raindrops...

If we could buy everything in the Shipwright on the Outpost , who would bother to search the islands? Remember that this game is still a PvPvE game...

• @glannigan have you tried searching the Gold Hoarders lair on the shores of gold? His barrels seem full of them.

• The current system rewards those who consciously stock their ship at every island and spend their time being productive over a crew that like to play music and hop around.

Let’s stick to this
    Et

• What I’m saying is out of all the resources Cannon Balls shouldn’t be the least popular.

Hell cut the food in half and increase the cannonballs 10%!

Take the dam bait out of the barrels and replace them with cannon balls!

And don’t come at me like I don’t stock up the ship. My OCD Ship stocking is just as strong if not stronger than most!

Just need more cannon ball!

• @glannigan

If you are having trouble keeping up with cannon balls then I would kindly suggest you figure out what you are doing that is so wasteful.

I PvP and attack everything PvE. I've had no trouble keeping up with cannon balls.

Money sinks are bad and asking for the game to release more is bad. Resource management is something we all learn as the game goes on. You have better aim so you waste less cannonballs. I've been on crews where they go through 150 cannonballs on the Kraken while sailing in a brig. Counting for missed shots you really shouldnt use more than 80.

Resources are good where they are. You need to just get better at the game or better at gathering resources.

• Ok you guys are being ridiculous. I’m not asking for some
    Fundamental game changing mechanic. To sit here and pretend there are more than enough cannonballs is ridiculous. I love gathering supplies too! I’m not asking for 150+ cannon balls every time I got a port or stop for
    Barrels but you all acting like they ain’t in short supply is just insane.

There are way too many “Fruits”, just the right amount of planks and way too much “bait” and not enough cannonballs!

Maybe I failed to mention I exclusively sail Galleon so maybe that’s the difference?

But don’t sit here and act like there are Plenty of Cannonballs cause there ain’t!

Galleon should come with double
    The supplies as the other ships! It has four cannons so should come with 4X the amount of cannon balls!

It has 20 “Holes” so should
    Come with double the amount of wood!

All it gives you is 4X the difficulty!

That’s why all you ever see in the dang seas are freaking sloops and brigs!!!!!

Sloops and Brigs are 10X easier to sail (I can solo all but only Galleon is a PIA). They shouldn’t come with anywhere close to the starter supplies Galleons get!

• @glannigan said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

Ok you guys are being ridiculous. I’m not asking for some
    Fundamental game changing mechanic. To sit here and pretend there are more than enough cannonballs is ridiculous. I love gathering supplies too! I’m not asking for 150+ cannon balls every time I got a port or stop for

There are way too many “Fruits”, just the right amount of planks and way too much “bait” and not enough cannonballs!

Maybe I failed to mention I exclusively sail Galleon so maybe that’s the difference?

But don’t sit here and act like there are Plenty of Cannonballs cause there ain’t!

The supplies as the other ships! It has four cannons so should come with 4X the amount of cannon balls!

Sloops and Brigs are 10X easier to sail (I can solo all but only Galleon is a PIA). They shouldn’t come with anywhere close to the starter supplies Galleons get!

Unless your game is completely different to mine, I'd say cannonballs are easy to stock up on. If you have three others on the ship shooting themselves towards islands/barrels while you sail to your objective, you will have a surplus amount of supplies.

How many cannonballs do you think is enough? Because you can load up 200/300 cannonballs in a short amount of time and you really dont need more than that for the majority of the activities in the game.

• @kexol said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

@glannigan said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

Ok you guys are being ridiculous. I’m not asking for some

Unless your game is completely different to mine, I'd say cannonballs are easy to stock up on. If you have three others on the ship shooting themselves towards islands/barrels while you sail to your objective, you will have a surplus amount of supplies.

How many cannonballs do you think is enough? Because you can load up 200/300 cannonballs in a short amount of time and you really dont need more than that for the majority of the activities in the game.

After an hour of Stocking up I should have enough for 2-3 Skelly ships.

Or 2 Meg

That’s the time to cannonball ratio I’m advocating for!

• @monkeyshishan
    money sinks are bad?

What do we gain in game for all the voyages if not gold? What good is gold if it cannot be spent?
    Not saying we need to be able to purchase supplies, but I need something to spend money on.
    Maybe I cam hide a chest with my own gold and give others a quest to go find it?
    Private servers with a Super Mario Maker feel where we can one up the Art of the Trickster tall tale... let our creativity fly.

Edit: thinking about it, it would be abused. Still would like the ability to create our own voyages, but others will always find a way to grind and abuse it. Nevermind on the private server.

• Look, when you are saying they are too rare and most everyone else is saying they are fairly abundant, then you might want to reevaluate your gathering techniques. Especially if it is taking you an hour to top off. Instead of telling us we are just being silly, try a different method. Yours is obviously not as effective as you think it is. Or not everyone in your crew is actually gathering supplies when you have the chance. Others have already made suggestions in this thread that you may have missed.

• @ghostpaw said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

Look, when you are saying they are too rare and most everyone else is saying they are fairly abundant, then you might want to reevaluate your gathering techniques. Especially if it is taking you an hour to top off. Instead of telling us we are just being silly, try a different method. Yours is obviously not as effective as you think it is. Or not everyone in your crew is actually gathering supplies when you have the chance. Others have already made suggestions in this thread that you may have missed.

No, even on crews with dedicated gatherers. Way too often is the conversation:

Oh cool a Meg let’s stop and kill it ~ “No we don’t have the cannonballs for that”

Oh cool a Skelly ship ~ “No, lets get some gunpowder first we don’t have the cannon balls for this.

Oh look a Skelly fleet lets go do that! ~ “were gonna need to stock up 2-3 times to do that”

This is AFTER constantly sticking up for an hour!

Even if you have a sh** load of cannonballs 1 Meg and 1 Skelly ship could burn through 200 cannonballs.

You guys with all these extra cannon balls clearly aren’t playing the game the same way. Sure if your Fishing, digging up treasure and doing quests or “Grinding” your going to have a sh** load of cannon balls cause you ain’t using them!!!

I don’t quest, I don’t dig up treasure, I just log in and do whatever “pops”. I “Pirate”. Let alone I haven’t even mentioned PVP probably because I DONT HAVE ENOUGH CANNONBALLS TO DO IT!

There are NOT enough cannonballs! Especially for a Galleon!

Every game session people have to be told to stop shooting cannon balls or your wasting them they aren’t close enough!

Shooting cannonballs is FUN! It’s like the funnest part of the game!

Again not asking for infinity cannon balls or not having to take the time or effort to stock them. All I’m saying is drop the stupid Food and bait 20% and add more cannonballs 10-20%

Cannonballs took it in the shorts when Bait and all the different types of food were added! There were more when the world was just Cannonballs, Planks and bananas!

• @glannigan You are going through 200 cannonballs for one meg and a cursed ship? That’s way too high. No wonder you are running out so fast. I respect you and know you understand the game (no need for you to bring up your merits) but some things need tweaking in your approach.

• everytime i play i have around 200-300 by the time I'm done. i don't really use them either, unless there is a kraken, megalodon or attacked by another ship.

and i play either solo with someone else on a sloop, so we're talking 1 or 2 people collecting resources.

• @ghostpaw said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

@glannigan You are going through 200 cannonballs for one meg and a cursed ship? That’s way too high. No wonder you are running out so fast. I respect you and know you understand the game (no need for you to bring up your merits) but some things need tweaking in your approach.

I actually have a theory that Meg and Kraken are about the amount of times hit and not the damage so personally I hate it when people even use cannon balls on them!

That being said no one wants to play with the whacko telling everyone what to do and how to do it and if everyone is cheering and having fun blasting the living snod out of a charging Meg with cannons I’m not gonna yell at everyone for wasting cannonballs.

But that’s my point. More cannonballs = more fun! And I’m not asking for a big increase just enough to add a bit more fun and a bit less worrying about how many we have and avoiding fun content because there aren’t enough!

• I dont disagree to this, but if you hit up every island you visit for barrels you're more than likely to find enough cannonballs to fend off a skelly fleet and players if you search quickly enough for em, or even shoot yourself out to islands you're passing by, attempting to gather full pockets of resources and mermaid back to ship. There are loads of all the resources but the chances of finding things in this game in general are all RNG based.

• Places to find cannonballs:

1. Outposts
    2. Forts
    3. Floating barrels
    4. Islands
    5. Sea posts
    6. Shipwrecks
    7. Cursed ships
    8. Pirate ships

You just have to know where, how, and when to look my friend!

Cannonballs are NOT in short supply. You are.

• I used to agree with that however if you think about it, it’s noob unfriendly

• At least you can play nothing but alabaster beard for me

• @glannigan said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

@ghostpaw said in There are not enough Cannon Balls!:

Look, when you are saying they are too rare and most everyone else is saying they are fairly abundant, then you might want to reevaluate your gathering techniques. Especially if it is taking you an hour to top off. Instead of telling us we are just being silly, try a different method. Yours is obviously not as effective as you think it is. Or not everyone in your crew is actually gathering supplies when you have the chance. Others have already made suggestions in this thread that you may have missed.

No, even on crews with dedicated gatherers. Way too often is the conversation:

Oh cool a Meg let’s stop and kill it ~ “No we don’t have the cannonballs for that”

Oh cool a Skelly ship ~ “No, lets get some gunpowder first we don’t have the cannon balls for this.

Oh look a Skelly fleet lets go do that! ~ “were gonna need to stock up 2-3 times to do that”

This is AFTER constantly sticking up for an hour!

Even if you have a sh** load of cannonballs 1 Meg and 1 Skelly ship could burn through 200 cannonballs.

You guys with all these extra cannon balls clearly aren’t playing the game the same way. Sure if your Fishing, digging up treasure and doing quests or “Grinding” your going to have a sh** load of cannon balls cause you ain’t using them!!!

I don’t quest, I don’t dig up treasure, I just log in and do whatever “pops”. I “Pirate”. Let alone I haven’t even mentioned PVP probably because I DONT HAVE ENOUGH CANNONBALLS TO DO IT!

There are NOT enough cannonballs! Especially for a Galleon!

Every game session people have to be told to stop shooting cannon balls or your wasting them they aren’t close enough!

Shooting cannonballs is FUN! It’s like the funnest part of the game!

Again not asking for infinity cannon balls or not having to take the time or effort to stock them. All I’m saying is drop the stupid Food and bait 20% and add more cannonballs 10-20%

Cannonballs took it in the shorts when Bait and all the different types of food were added! There were more when the world was just Cannonballs, Planks and bananas!

You might want to start using your cannonballs more wisely (and your crewmates included). If you hit your shots on krakens/megs/skeleton ships then cannonballs wont be a problem. Of course, shooting 50 cannonballs from far range is not going to yield success.

Views
1 out of 30