Skelly ships far too aggressive.

• Tone the skelly ships down a bit, I was getting bombarded while docked at an outpost. Or even make it do the dont attack while docked,

Views
  • They can’t spawn on you while you’re next to an island so they must’ve been aggroed by someone. Otherwise they won’t go out of their way to attack

• Why don’t you idk…sink them?

• Undock or pivot and shoot if you have the room, firebomb the top of the skalleon and if you are in open waters as a sloop just stick on them and bucket water on them, they can't bail water they can only repair holes.

• @th3xr34p3r said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

Undock or pivot and shoot if you have the room, firebomb the top of the skalleon and if you are in open waters as a sloop just stick on them and bucket water on them, they can't bail water they can only repair holes.

I wanna try this. How exactly do you stick on them? Just sail next to them or harpoon them?

• @zig-zag-ltu get in close and basically keep hull to hull, keep turning with them if they break off and ram them if needed every so often, at this range all you are dealing with are gunner skeletons and sniper skeletons in the crows.

This and using kegs (some have a chance to spawn with one already on board and a lucky shot will detonate it for you) are the main two ways I grinded out my 500 sinks when they first added them in the first 48hrs of it going live, anything else was saving ballast balls when I was using them for target practice with cannons.

If you have an extra person with you you can put a hole in the bottom front and have them defend it until they are sunk.

This and using kegs are the main two ways I grinded out my 500 sinks when they first added them in the first 48hrs of it going live

alt text

• @wolfmanbush I was able to get a server session all to myself to grind it out so I took advantage of it to hunt the fleet and roaming versions as they spawned. (as long as did not drop anchor I was not server merged before they fixed it)

@wolfmanbush I was able to get a server session all to myself to grind it out so I took advantage of it to hunt the fleet and roaming versions as they spawned.

that's over 80 fleets of 6 ships a piece

random spawns would slow that down significantly

• @wolfmanbush no sleep helps, I was determined to get it done as fast as I could lol.. took me on average 48-72hrs for other events all up each time they added them to get all the commendations done for them.

iirc it took me 3 days to grind out all the animal commendations and the athena version of the commendation whilst I was at it for merchants.

@zig-zag-ltu get in close and basically keep hull to hull, keep turning with them if they break off and ram them if needed every so often, at this range all you are dealing with are gunner skeletons and sniper skeletons in the crows.

This and using kegs (some have a chance to spawn with one already on board and a lucky shot will detonate it for you) are the main two ways I grinded out my 500 sinks when they first added them in the first 48hrs of it going live, anything else was saving ballast balls when I was using them for target practice with cannons.

If you have an extra person with you you can put a hole in the bottom front and have them defend it until they are sunk.

Allright thanks for the tips man, I wanna try to do this solo. Sounds fun!

...the main two ways I grinded out my 500 sinks when they first added them in the first 48hrs of it going live

You....WHAT?!? That's....How....croikey, mate, that's one of the most impressive things I've heard on this forum. Good on you, and just...wow. Clap and a half to you.

• @maximusarael020 said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

@th3xr34p3r said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

...the main two ways I grinded out my 500 sinks when they first added them in the first 48hrs of it going live

You....WHAT?!? That's....How....croikey, mate, that's one of the most impressive things I've heard on this forum. Good on you, and just...wow. Clap and a half to you.

10+ skelly ship an hour pace for 48 hours

if I remember correctly fleets were spawning around once every 3 hours at the time, allowing 16 fleets which wouldn't break 100 max from fleets in that time

random spawns and using kegs would slow it down

less supplies back then

it's quite a thing

• @wolfmanbush

it's quite a thing

Big if true

• @hefty-henri said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

@wolfmanbush

it's quite a thing

Big if true

I made a post on the SOT sub and my twitter at the time, I was posting my commendation completion progress for each event since I was also getting the unlocks for sets to submit screenshots to the wiki in the early days.

@hefty-henri said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

@wolfmanbush

it's quite a thing

Big if true

I made a post on the SOT sub and my twitter at the time, I was posting my commendation completion progress for each event since I was also getting the unlocks for sets to submit screenshots to the wiki in the early days.

After you brought it up I checked it out

I see you were doing alliance stuff but that doesn't really account for amount in the time even while on an alliance server

As someone that is familiar with extreme pve numbers I'm more curious where all the ships came from, even at max cheesing the opportunity for 500 at the time would have been quite unlikely.

Especially with the main source (fleets) being separated by hours and being on one server makes this even more interesting to me.

• @wolfmanbush Roamers, the ones that spawn on you and fleets.. it all added up, during the intial time they were up after the scheduled events there was a chance of double spawns.

• @zig-zag-ltu said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

@zig-zag-ltu get in close and basically keep hull to hull, keep turning with them if they break off and ram them if needed every so often, at this range all you are dealing with are gunner skeletons and sniper skeletons in the crows.

Just some added advice - you can lock the harpoon by holding down the harpoon lock button (X on controller or R on keyboard). Use this when harpooning opposing ships up close and when you have additional crew. This will allow your crew to be towed by the other ship (if your sails are raised enough to slow you down), and give you a good angle for your cannons. It's also great for using it on the environment fir smooth turning without being pulled into whatever you have harpooned (provided your wheel is straight).

• @galactic-geek said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

@zig-zag-ltu said in Skelly ships far too aggressive.:

Just some added advice - you can lock the harpoon by holding down the harpoon lock button (X on controller or R on keyboard). Use this when harpooning opposing ships up close and when you have additional crew. This will allow your crew to be towed by the other ship (if your sails are raised enough to slow you down), and give you a good angle for your cannons.

Not just for cannons, you can keep your sloop teathered for battlegill fishing.

alt text

• I agree a little bit, after reading something like "The skeleton ships peacefully roam the Sea of Thieves" yet they jump out of the water randomly and open fire. I have no problem sinking them quickly, but it's to the point that the loot isn't worth stopping for and my cannons will only alert players around me to come grief me some more. Calm the skeleton ships down, unless they're attacking someone else and not me. :)

• Skele ships arnt very aggressive unless either they spawn on you directly, or you attack or get too close to them. Either situation they arnt much of a challenge, if its a skele sloop, you can passively sink those while you sail to your destination, and if its a galleon, its still easier to fight than a player ship.

• Chest of sorrows would be your best friend.

• @th3xr34p3r THATS CAP. you are lying. You didn't sink 500 skellies is 48 hours. Impossible

That’s an unhealthy amount of SoT.

• If it shot at you at the outpost it is because someone aggro it otherwise they leave you alone. This is a fairly rare instance. I do not think skellies are too agressive.

• @animeowl0807 I work from home as IT support so I have lots of time on my hands majority of the time and yes I practically have no life since I game a lot.

@animeowl0807 I work from home as IT support so I have lots of time on my hands majority of the time and yes I practically have no life since I game a lot.

Ah, well that makes sense then. As long as you're getting plenty of exercise and have a social life :)

• @animeowl0807 Social life.. not so much since I am an introvert and don't like large groups of people, as for the former.. thats what my treadmill is for.

Views
23 out of 28