[SOLVED] Constant video driver crash/reset while playing.

• Hi all,

I've download the game today and try to complete introduction tutorial... but I've got always a video crash error (reset).

My config :

• Motherboard : MSI MEG Unify x570
    • CPU : AMD ryzen 3950x
    • RAM : 32 DDR4 400Mhz (4x8go)
    • GPU : Nvidia 1080ti (ichill) - driver up to date
    • Drive : Samsung 970 1To NVME ssd
    • Game resolution : 5780x1080 (triple screen with Nvidia surround)

Gqme rendering in triple screen

Tried the game many times and all times the game crashed at different stage and areas or actions (firing canon, simply moving on the island, ...)

crash

crash 2

crash 3

crash 4

My CPU, GPU (frequence, heat,...), RAM consumption with FPS cap to 30.
    consumption 30fps

My CPU, GPU (frequence, heat,...), RAM consumption with FPS cap to 60.
    consumption 60fps

My CPU, GPU (frequence, heat,...), RAM consumption with no FPS limit.
    consumption no FPS limit

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem solved with MSI afterbuner and a heat limitation at 75° Many thanks all !!!

Many thanks in advance.

Views
  • Do you have your GPU overclocked at all? How long have you had the GPU? Sounds like an unstable overclock to me, as this used to happen to me all the time when I had my card overclocked too far.

Even if it's running at the stock overclock settings from the factory, I'd try tuning it back a bit and see what happens. If my 1080ti went over 50c at over 2025MHz+ it would instantly crash with a video driver error.

Just to be clear, I don't think this issue is specific to Sea of Thieves. It seems most games based on Unreal Engine can push your GPU to it's absolute limits, exposing any instability that exists.

• @kush-n-bacon420 a dit dans Constant video driver crash/reset while playing. :

Do you have your GPU overclocked at all? How long have you had the GPU? Sounds like an unstable overclock to me, as this used to happen to me all the time when I had my card overclocked too far.

Even if it's running at the stock overclock settings from the factory, I'd try tuning it back a bit and see what happens. If my 1080ti went over 50c at over 2025MHz+ it would instantly crash with a video driver error.

Just to be clear, I don't think this issue is specific to Sea of Thieves. It seems most games based on Unreal Engine can push your GPU to it's absolute limits, exposing any instability that exists.

Good point, I will try with FPS limit to 30 and then 60 because previously it was not limited.

I updated initial post with task manager and HW Monitor info for 30 FPS then later on with 60 FPS... and then unlimited just to see how it works....

Need to find something to manage my GPU card limits (overclock...) do you have a good tool for that ?

Thank you and stay tuned

• @eternity57 said in Constant video driver crash/reset while playing.:

@kush-n-bacon420 a dit dans Constant video driver crash/reset while playing. :

Do you have your GPU overclocked at all? How long have you had the GPU? Sounds like an unstable overclock to me, as this used to happen to me all the time when I had my card overclocked too far.

Good point, I will try with FPS limit to 30 and then 60 because previously it was not limited.

I updated initial post with task manager and HW Monitor info for 30 FPS then later on with 60 FPS... and then unlimited just to see how it works....

Need to find something to manage my GPU card limits (overclock...) do you have a good tool for that ?

Thank you and stay tuned

I personally use MSI Afterburner. If you do find that your GPU is not stable at the stock settings, and that downclocking it resolves the issue (or if you cap your FPS and that solves the issue), you might want to consider RMAing it or at least contacting the manufacturer if it's still under warranty.

• Go into settings and then into graphic settings and make sure nothing is set to cursed!.. seems to have fixed this issue for a few people!

Hope it helps!

• @kush-n-bacon420 a dit dans Constant video driver crash/reset while playing. :

@eternity57 said in Constant video driver crash/reset while playing.:

@kush-n-bacon420 a dit dans Constant video driver crash/reset while playing. :

Thank you and stay tuned

I personally use MSI Afterburner. If you do find that your GPU is not stable at the stock settings, and that downclocking it resolves the issue (or if you cap your FPS and that solves the issue), you might want to consider RMAing it or at least contacting the manufacturer if it's still under warranty.

Yes this is the tools I used by the past thank you !

Downloaded, installed and configured... waiting on a next game session to confirm that the problem is solved !

Thank you all :-)

• If you crash randomly with a video driver crash error, then your GPU is overheating/unstable. Use software like MSI afterburner, as others have said, to raise your fan speed higher than what the drivers are doing, and / or reduce the clock on your GPU so it doesnt work as hard. You can also lower graphics settings.

• Probleme solved ! thank you all

• @eternity57 how did you solved?

Views
7 out of 10