Official Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer & Release Dates!

• @musicmee, Btw what do you think of the fact that it looks like the crows nest is on the shortest mast?? I think this is kind of a bad idea since we won't be able to see behind us!

• @semperletalis It's kinda is a bit naff... but they had to make it fit between the sloop and the galleon... if they had to make a slight hinderance so not everyone jumped on a brig, then I'm glad this is the compromise...

• At 0:43 the Skelly is holding a dagger.

New possible weapon??

• @pumaspec Or possibly boarding axe to help take down skellie ships?!

• @pumaspec I think its the dagger he uses to pin his notice to the post/sign thingy?

But nice idea though... always up for more weapon choice!

• @musicmee, Yea I see what you mean, however, I'm willing to bet that a lot of crews including my own will jump to the Brig at least for the first weeks or so. I will be switching over more permanently since my crews normally go from 1 to 3 and I really do not like fighting on a galleon. Got anything on what's on the inside of the ship? Is it two lower decks like the galleon or one like the sloop?

• @semperletalis One lower deck, plus 2 side windows

• @semperletalis

It certainly looks like one of our usual ships... So I suspect there's 2 floors below deck.

And there's got to be a lot of loot onboard somewhere? Where could they keep it?

• When Rare first mentioned pets, one of the things I wanted most was a skellie skull that would hop about and crack wise, or just make noises.

This trailer just brought it all back. I REALLY want a pet skull to carry about and have conversations with when the lonesome hours at sea start getting into my brain.

Oh, the skellie ships, alliance system, and everything sound cool too.

But seriously... PET SKULL!

• @v**a-hombre Hahahaha, sorrry but pet skull just sooo reminds me of this...

• It would be awesome if the map the Skelly was holding at the beginning was a voyage for them to attack a certain outpost.

That outpost would then activate on our map calling all pirates to defend that outpost.

Sorry getting carried away.. Hehe

• @danish-crusader Better yet, it’s the same group of skeletons we keep killing over and over, they just get bored and leave eventually.

• Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails
    #skellieshavehadenoughofyour$%!&

• @musicmee

Enough time alone at sea, ya can start to get affectionate with just about anything.

alt text

• @musicmee, That brick meme!! That is a great show!!!

• @pumaspec, That would be awesome!! There is so much that could be done with this new content. I will try not to get my hopes up this time though...

• @semperletalis Hahahaha, yup! Verrrrrry British... British comedy at its best. No need for swearing it was funny enough without it.

• @musicmee, I love the episode where they try and get him sober!

• Brigatine Crow's nest is on the wrong mast.

• @treefittymonsta, Yea it's going to be a big issue but we will adapt! Pirates will prevail! #pirateproblems

• Maybe they could add a bit of rigging we could climb beyond the crows nest just to get that extra height?

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer & Release Dates!:

Maybe they could add a bit of rigging we could climb beyond the crows nest just to get that extra height?

My understanding of the era.is that the Crow's nest was the highest area in the ship.

• Nautical definition of a crow's nest is a structure in the upper part of the main mast of a ship or a structure that is used as a lookout point.

This position ensured the best view for lookouts to spot approaching hazards, other ships, or land.

• @treefittymonsta said in Official Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer & Release Dates!:

Nautical definition of a crow's nest is a structure in the upper part of the main mast of a ship or a structure that is used as a lookout point.

This position ensured the best view for lookouts to spot approaching hazards, other ships, or land.

Anywhere lower than the upper mast is a faioed attempt to create a three man ship.

• @treefittymonsta Looks like we need the abiliaty to climb the flag pole then ;D

I think all of this is done on purpose by the way. To make the choice that bit more difficult... if they made the brigantine the ultimate ship it could easily outclass both the sloop AND the galleon and its supposed to fit in the middle.

• @musicmee said in Official Sea of Thieves: Cursed Sails Teaser Trailer & Release Dates!:

@treefittymonsta Looks like we need the abiliaty to climb the flag pole then ;D

I think all of this is done on purpose by the way. To make the choice that bit more difficult... if they made the brigantine the ultimate ship it could easily outclass both the sloop AND the galleon and its supposed to fit in the middle.

I won't use it if I can't see 360 from the Crow's nest. It defies any nautical logic.

I'll stick with the sloop.

• It does seem that a lot of Brigantine sail layouts prevented a lot of crows nest views.

And rigging here was the key to seeing beyond the fore and gaff sail...

• I think once you turn the sails to either side which is fairly normal in SoT that you'll be able to see just fine. Since sailing into the wind becomes commonplace that will be very easily fixed. Not to mention that if you have the sails up when you park you'll be able to see just fine.

It does seem that a lot of Brigantine sail layouts prevented a lot of crows nest views.

That image conviently cuts off the top of the main mast. In real life there were probably two Crow's nest.

@treefittymonsta Looks like we need the abiliaty to climb the flag pole then ;D

Much like the galleon, it also looks like it'll encourage communication rather than having one person just kinda manage sailing the entire ship like the sloop.

• @drunkpunk138 Correct! The key thing to this game, a good crew working together.

It does seem that a lot of Brigantine sail layouts prevented a lot of crows nest views.

alt text

When you put it like that, it kind of makes sense the not-so-good crow's nest placement...

@drunkpunk138 Correct! The key thing to this game, a good crew working together.

True. Alright.ill give the brig a try. Still think the location of the Crow's nest is silly.

• @treefittymonsta It may have untold benefits... sometimes there is more than meets the eye ;)

• Oh man, skelie ship looks very cool. I liked this release trailer a lot more than the Megaladon one, great work Rare guys.

Views
98 out of 118