What a momentous tale

• Today i decided to try out this beautiful game and look what changed since i briefly played it a few years ago. This game is so beautiful, i could spend hours at the sea of thiefes.
    Well then, with a little help from Youtubers like Happy Kraken X i got excited and made the tutorial for the gold hoarders and then quickly decided to go on that route and accepted the second mission for the gold hoarders.
    A simple one, treasure map, four treasure chests, easy. the weather was beautiful, the water softly landed on the beautiful beaches on this tiny island. Lifes great. This "X marks the spot" gameplay really is something nice.

Phew i got all the chests on my little sloop, a bit extra loot aswell. Great!
    Off to an outpost to sell my valuable loot that I have acquired in the last 20 minutes!

There it was, the jetty, the last challenge on this little trip. According to YouTubers, you shouldn't use the anchor, so I tried it without. Like the last few times, this of course forced me to repair my sloop and use muscle power to get rid of the water. But no problem, I'll manage it, the main thing is that I get the chests sold. Child's play.

If there hadn't been a single player who shot my boat to pieces and killed me. Completely. Pointless. I'm a complete beginner. I asked him to stop, I'm a noob and he didn't get anything out of it. He did it anyway.

Everything you've just read, dear community, was my THIRD ATTEMPT, the first mission after the tutorial for the emissary missions for the gold hoarders.

So what did I do the moment I realized that the guy wasn't going to stop? Exactly, rage quit and uninstall the game.

To anyone who enjoys griefing beginners. [mod edit].

To Rare. This is not fun. You lost a customer.

Views
  • Sot is similar to skateboarding or rodeo or just walking out the door every day.

No matter how experienced you get there will be some falling down in one way or another.

If you get back up and dust off you get to go again, you get to experience the good things too.

If you quit things because the first few times don't go as planned then you will never see how rewarding adventure can be. You'll never see how far you can go, how much you can achieve in your situation. It's a waste of opportunity and potential.

I hope you try again and try to avoid the "rage quit" part.

You don't get hurt by sinking, you get a new boat and a new chance for free. There are no serious consequences for taking L's in the game. It's about as good of a deal as you're gonna find in adventure.

• I always think its annoying when people attack without saying anything. However its just kind of part of the game, perhaps if you ever feel like playing the game again you can practice some of the mechanics is safer seas to get used to it.

• @lumpi5541 Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Circumventing the Forum Profanity Filter

A profanity filter is in place to support our commitment to our community to create the world’s friendliest multiplayer game. Topics and posts which attempt to circumvent the filter will be edited or deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

While we understand your intention is to leave feedback and explain your reasons for leaving, this type of post draws negative reaction, and does not foster discussion in the community. We value your feedback, and if you want to make suggestions or offer your ideas to improve the game, please feel free to create a topic in Feedback & Suggestions.

This topic will now be locked.

Views
2 out of 4