Ancient Skeletons

• Any idea on the appearance rate of these? I’ve seen two since I started playing. I know they’re supposed to be rare, but I anticipated seeing a few more.

게시물
    조회 수
  • 2 is on the high end for a lot of people.

Years ago I used to get a few per month, I even got 2 in a day before, a few times.

Then there was a serious drought where it was maybe 2-3 for an entire year+.

I did the war chest comms this season which had me on land/seaforts a very significant amount of time and I got zero the entire time.

They are out there and sometimes you'll get lucky (2 is actually pretty lucky for your time in the game) but there will be droughts.

Look at them like a gift rather than a hunt and it'll be more chill. You could sit on land all day every day and not see one so it's not worth "hunting" them. Having fun is more important.

I've done over 600 sea forts since captaincy was released and I've seen maybe 2? maybe 3? and one of those was lost because a phantom killed it before I did. That's something to watch out for too, other pve taking it out.

• @savvystraw37257

Urgh what a nightmare!!

• @wolfmanbush

The first one I encountered dropped 599 ancient coins, so I guess that was real lucky (as the second dropped something like 125 AC)!

• @captainwilks said in Ancient Skeletons:

@wolfmanbush

The first one I encountered dropped 599 ancient coins, so I guess that was real lucky (as the second dropped something like 125 AC)!

599 is super lucky

most of them are typically less than 200

active fort of the damned seems to be a decent spot for spawns compared to other activities, skull forts as well.

I've gotten a few with ashen winds, I used to get them quite often when I was doing a bunch of gold hoarder vaults.

Hunting megs/krakens organically is something I'm effective at so figuring out patterns and strategies is a major part of how I play but I never picked up on any fully reliable patterns for ancient skellies.

• @captainwilks said in Ancient Skeletons:

@wolfmanbush

That’s one thing I’ve noticed when talking with crewmates about their luck with Ancient Skeletons. They will have only found 1 or 2 but most times were high numbers. But the ones who find them often are always low numbers.

I’ve been pretty lucky over the years with getting them often, but it took years before I ever got one that was over 110 coins and that was during the first community weekend where they upped the spawn rates. After that I haven’t had one outside the 100 range again.

The more time you spend on land clearing naturally spawned mobs, the higher your chance of getting them. You won’t see them during merchant animal missions or OOS mission on land much as those voyages are programmed to reduce or block natural mob spawns. And you obviously won’t see them spawn on your boat, so if you’re doing more naval related activities you will miss out. People who focus on PvP are less likely to get them than people who focus on PvE as you spend more time on your ship during PvP than PvE, especially on hourglass you’ll never get one, obviously lol.

• Thanks guys. I didn’t realise that they were quite so rare!

게시물
조회 수
8 중의 2