Blackbeard's outfit(potc) and more realistic clothes

• When I see pirated looks in other media and I try to replicate it in SOT I just can't do it for lack of more "realistic" clothes... most of the clothes are too fancy, nothing a pirate would actually wear and the closest thing to it are the costumes of the Jack Sparrow crew.

Please develop new clothing models, if possible that have belts and holsters and more tricorn hat options.

Having Blackbeard's Pirates of the Caribbean outfit would be awesome.

texto alt

Views
  • I do wish for a tri corn hat but a ton of options you can mix and match

• Idk about the clothes being too "fancy", but more made out of literal stars apparently (Lodestar? What are you even made out of??)

• @gallerine5582 Most of the clothes are very exaggerated, too fancy, too fanciful, or too damaged.

For example, Bilge Rats set, Parrot set, Kraken, most of Sea Dogs among others... they are all too exaggerated, a caricature of pirates, and not that this is a bad thing but they could add more "traditional" clothes.

In my opinion the best costume in this sense is the Hardy Longcoat and the tricorne.

• @themadlad94 At first they strayed a lot from historical facts or more accurate connections to the real world, but it seems that this is changing, as they cited the Spanish navy...

I would love to see what you mentioned and also these details present in the plot, to hear the pirate lord say that he sailed with Henry Avery or that he witnessed the fall of Nassau and therefore "created" his own pirate paradise on the Sea of ​​Thieves.

• I need a dye wheel to change color of the scrappers vest

• as a woman who enjoys playing this game every day, it's impossible to look good/pretty as a female pirate. there are countless women pirates in history that wore time appropriate dresses, etc. who were tough enough to break the pirate code. we're either stuck looking ugly, or as masculine as possible. i'm tired of looking goofy...

there are no purchasable items either to make me look more presentable either, because the limited amount of clothing is catered to male players. i'm somewhat new, with experience from the game's release, coming back to SoT with my only gripe being looks.

no character customisation either -- i've seen beautiful men but you have to scroll for hours for a woman that isn't overweight, top heavy, bottom heavy, or elderly.

tldr; i'm all for more realistic clothes coming to the game. era appropriate dresses, corsets, etc. women need more recognition in this game!

• I completely agree with this I'm not too big on flashy cosmetics the game offers for pirates I've always said there needs to be a big cosmetic update where they revamp the clothing store to offer more piratey options and while we're at it I want some realistic weapon and equipment types, as far as colors go we need more blacks whites blues and brown and golds

• @nesuvu said in Blackbeard's outfit(potc) and more realistic clothes:

no character customisation either -- i've seen beautiful men but you have to scroll for hours for a woman that isn't overweight, top heavy, bottom heavy, or elderly.

I smell relativity.

• Scrolling for hours occurs to anyone wanting a specific result.
    • I don't think I want a "beautiful" anyone in this game. One of the things I like about Sea of Thieves is that it isn't one of * those * games.
    • We're pirates. Looking good is not a priority- we're meant to look intimidating. Besides, when constantly in battle, swimming, and dying, maintaining appearances is not easy.
    • If someone can get a beautiful man out of the generator, why not play dress-up on the male template? The apparent gender of the character is not a definitive, it is a suggestion.
    • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in this case the beholder is not you. A given player hardly ever even has to look at their pirate, so why does it matter?
    • There's always the rare few pirates androgynous of appearance, pick one of those and you can be whatever you want.

All that being said, more clothes are always good. I prefer the realistic ones personally, even though I usually use curses. More realistic pirate clothes = more customization options.

• @lleorb

I love this jacket

• @mr-whaletoes tell me your not serious? so just leave women out? say o well use a man and dress him up? tell me your kidding please

• For a pirate game, there's a definite lack of piratey clothing being added! All we can do is hope that they one day decide of listen to player feedback in this regard; the content that updates add is always amazing, but the cosmetics never fail to disappoint x_x

@mr-whaletoes said in Blackbeard's outfit(potc) and more realistic clothes:

If someone can get a beautiful man out of the generator, why not play dress-up on the male template? The apparent gender of the character is not a definitive, it is a suggestion.

The sexes are extremely dimorphic in this game, so that would not work haha

• @madfrito99 Now hold up, I never said anything about "just leaving women out". I was offering a potential solution to the issue. Apparently it wasn't a good solution, so my bad.

@NEON-iC0N Actually, the pirate I'm using is technically female but I'm perfectly capable of making them look masculine.

...That being said, a beard helps. I admittedly could be incorrect as to how well it works the other way around, seeing as I've never really tried it.

• @themadlad94 Royal Revenge is based off the POTC rendition of the Queen Ann’s Revenge

• @themadlad94 the Warsmith is also loosly based off the Queen Ann's Revenge. The none collector sails are inspired by Blackbeard's irl sails. I use the Warsmith set quite abit for this reason.

• The closest thing to something a pirate would wear on sea of thieves is the sailor clothing, even back in the days pirates never wore tricorns

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
15 out of 17