Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced

• @kinggzanga said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

@fayzon11 said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

would you not die instantly taking a blunderbuss to the face at point blank IRL? ive had alot of on deck combat encounters and you just need to learn to strafe behind masts and things and you will make them miss their shot. practice makes perfect, keep at it and you will work out strategies to win in combat

Bruh. I can say the same thing about a rifle shot to the chest. It's called game balancing, when something feels unfair, it's usually unbalanced. It feels way too easy to run to a homie, pop him once and he dies. It is that simple. Guns are not hard to use on this, the PvP is simple just like the game mechanics, and so should the balancing.

yes im saying the blunderbuss is balanced i apologize that that wasn't apparent through my sarcasm, simply don't let them get that close. it doesn't take much distance to reduce the dmg significantly, its only a one shot kill at point blank and can be quite easy to dodge.

• @fayzon11 said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

@kinggzanga said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

@fayzon11 said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

would you not die instantly taking a blunderbuss to the face at point blank IRL? ive had alot of on deck combat encounters and you just need to learn to strafe behind masts and things and you will make them miss their shot. practice makes perfect, keep at it and you will work out strategies to win in combat

Bruh. I can say the same thing about a rifle shot to the chest. It's called game balancing, when something feels unfair, it's usually unbalanced. It feels way too easy to run to a homie, pop him once and he dies. It is that simple. Guns are not hard to use on this, the PvP is simple just like the game mechanics, and so should the balancing.

yes im saying the blunderbuss is balanced i apologize that that wasn't apparent through my sarcasm, simply don't let them get that close. it doesn't take much distance to reduce the dmg significantly, its only a one shot kill at point blank and can be quite easy to dodge.

Sorry I looked past your sarcasm when you compared game mechanics to real life. Jesus.

• @kinggzanga the beta is your first time playing? I saw your founder badge and was just wondering :)

• @spent-d said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

@kinggzanga the beta is your first time playing? I saw your founder badge and was just wondering :)

Yeah, you can also tell by the long list of comments I'm getting from people who have played the game non stop from alpha.

• you unlock the bluderbuss at the weapon vendor in town. 960 coins.

• @kinggzanga yeah, I skipped most of the thread. I just thought those with founder badges played alpha, so that’s why I thought it was odd.

• @spent-d said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

@kinggzanga yeah, I skipped most of the thread. I just thought those with founder badges played alpha, so that’s why I thought it was odd.

I was invited to the alpha but it was in a very busy part of my life unfortunately, however I'm quite pleased that I wasn't able to. As after playing it for the first time in beta, it goes way beyond what I was expecting. Phenomenal game thus far, however refining and balancing are my biggest concerns.

• @cwarrick66 said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

you unlock the bluderbuss at the weapon vendor in town. 960 coins.

Thanks!

• @kinggzanga sorry, not weapon vendor, but the supply.. guy? idk. he sells a bunch of skins for your gear but the last item is, in fact, the bluderbuss.

@kinggzanga sorry, not weapon vendor, but the supply.. guy? idk. he sells a bunch of skins for your gear but the last item is, in fact, the bluderbuss.

Excellent! I'll be making a lot of voyages tomorrow so will have a look at each and every outpost sea dog!

• @kinggzanga I actually was able to unlock mine because i finally decided to give the random matchmaking a go with a galleon, got matched with a crew that was just about to get into a battle with another 4 man crew. took us about 20 minutes of chasing and pot shots but we finally sunk them and those poor sods were carrying like 10 chests.

they must have been p****d. but i got my damn blunderbuss!

@kinggzanga I actually was able to unlock mine because i finally decided to give the random matchmaking a go with a galleon, got matched with a crew that was just about to get into a battle with another 4 man crew. took us about 20 minutes of chasing and pot shots but we finally sunk them and those poor sods were carrying like 10 chests.

they must have been p****d. but i got my damn blunderbuss!

Do chests float to the surface like barrels when you destroy a boat with loot? If not, why not? Before anyone comes in with the "because it's full of gold" comment then please take note of the floating barrel of cannonballs.

• the blunderbuss shoots multiple small caliber balls in a tight group vs the longreach which shoots 1 bullet. Think of it like throwing a dart at a piece of paper vs throwing a handful of rocks. The handful of rocks will do a lot more physical damage every time.

Also, I have shot a lot of people with the blunderbuss and never scored a 1-shot kill I have also been blown off a ship's ladder by a blunderbuss to my face and didn't die. So I can vouch that it's not a 1-shot kill every time.

• @kinggzanga they do. that's how we got so filthy rich.. i kept spotting them bobbing around in the surf. we scored about 10. I'm glad we did so quickly it started storming hard right afterwards.

• @kinggzanga They do float up to the surface.

• @xxalfonzxx said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

Also, I have shot a lot of people with the blunderbuss and never scored a 1-shot kill I have also been blown off a ship's ladder by a blunderbuss to my face and didn't die. So I can vouch that it's not a 1-shot kill every time.

This. This is what I want to see. Like the rifle is required to hit the head for a one shot. I feel as though it needs to be more balanced in terms of return. Everytime I have been hit by this blunderbuss, which is 5 times, I have been killed each time. Without fail, it has killed me each time. There has to be some element of skill or technique to the blunderbuss, but there isn't and that's why it's unbalanced. The rifle requires a headshot from range using a scope that is on a different sensitivities scale to every other weapon. The blunderbuss on the other hand takes one shot anywhere to kill a man (from my own experiences). That is the personification of unbalanced.

• Yeah, def not a one shot, I just tested it in game. I think maybe they aimed up with it and hit you in the face with the bb to get the one shot on ya.

• Can I shoot you with my blunderbuss on a random island somewhere kinggZANGA?

@kinggzanga they do. that's how we got so filthy rich.. i kept spotting them bobbing around in the surf. we scored about 10. I'm glad we did so quickly it started storming hard right afterwards.

Okay, that's a pretty damn cool mechanic. I just thought the loot sank with the ship, I have no idea why either.

• What were you trying to do when these guys were one-shotting you? If you know that the first thing they'll be doing every time is to jump on board and try to blast you, there's a simple solution. Back up.

• @kinggzanga the first time i sunk a ship (smaller one) i thought the same damn thing and was trying to chase the thing as it sunk, but it makes sense that the stuff floats to the surface because the ocean is a bottomless pit. lol

• My guess is that this guy is trying to hack at the enemy with this sword and then complaining when he gets beat by the shotgun.

• @dwead-p-woberts said in Broken Blunderbuss Unbalanced:

What were you trying to do when these guys were one-shotting you? If you know that the first thing they'll be doing every time is to jump on board and try to blast you, there's a simple solution. Back up.

Chasing a boat, a guy in the boat in front jumped out of his boat and waited for us to come past (we didn't see him jump in the water), he then spammed x to climb the ladder (awful game mechanic), blow away my pal on the helm and I was smoking at the time so my reaction time wasn't at it's peak I'll admit. I can safely say when I came across someone with the blunderbuss I got and one shot.

My guess is that this guy is trying to hack at the enemy with this sword and then complaining when he gets beat by the shotgun.

Did everyone in the Alpha have there brain surgically removed?

• You are complaining about getting beat by a gun that literally only works from about a foot away in the game. What does that tell you about who needs a brain scan?

• I'm done here. Can't argue with someone who literally hasn't tested the blunderbuss mechanics and wants to complain about how overpowered they are, when they are quite difficult to use except against people standing still.

• Buy it and test it. Don't complain until you do at least the bare minimum.

You are complaining about getting beat by a gun that literally only works from about a foot away in the game. What does that tell you about who needs a brain scan?

Says the guy telling me to back up on a boat hahahaha

• Bored with this. Good luck.

Bored with this. Good luck.

Another close minded alpha player hits the dust. "No safezones it ruins PvP", "we want 8 man ships", "we want bigger servers with more people on a hard rendering, 30-fps, open world game", "one shot blunderbuss because that's what would happen in real life". I fear for the developers with players like these roaming the forums.

• @kinggzanga Zzzzzzzzz. Mr know-it-all has thoroughly tested the bb mechanics yet? Come back with a legit response when you do.

@kinggzanga Zzzzzzzzz. Mr know-it-all has thoroughly tested the bb mechanics yet? Come back with a legit response when you do.

Yes earlier, when I got one shot several times. Have you figured out to back up off a boat subsequently walking on water?

• I'd like to go into a game, any game, like CoD for example, and say that a particular weapon is unbalanced before I even test playing with it in the game? Am I allowed to complain to the CoD devs about that weapon? I think not. You can though. You be you.

Views
53 out of 149