Tavern Tunes - Cursed Sails

• Love the spine tingling jingle of the cursed sails? Then look no further than this little treat.
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/news/tavern-tunes-cursed-sails

And watch this riveting rendition of 'Grabbed by the Ghoulies' by Rare's talented musical peeps!

Views
  • I've been looking for this all my life.

• @lizalaroo Awesome Liz!! But where are the rest of me shanties for me scurvy buccaneer crew.

• @iceman-0007 Here ya go me matey!

Click on Tavern Tunes and it'll play them all! :D

• @iceman-0007 This one is my favourite... And if we are ever in a skull fort or skeleton ship battle I apologise for singing/humming this louder and louder as we go!

• @musicmee awesome! !

• @iceman-0007

There is also a very, very beautiful lullaby version of 'We Shall Sail Together'.

• @katttruewalker Sometimes I imagine the two little girls from The Shining singing this. It gets kind of creepy.

• @dcr-lt-kanada There's a story to this but I'll let @xDILLIGAFx1974 tell it when he's around again :)

• @dcr-lt-kanada said in Tavern Tunes - Cursed Sails:

@katttruewalker Sometimes I imagine the two little girls from The Shining singing this. It gets kind of creepy.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @katttruewalker said in Tavern Tunes - Cursed Sails:

@dcr-lt-kanada There's a story to this but I'll let @xDILLIGAFx1974 tell it when he's around again :)

I'm the pirate formerly known as xDILLIGAFx1974 and I know it's probably considered bad form for me to post a really late reply to this but, considering the story, I'm hoping the Deckhands will forgive an Old Salt for his transgressions... That being said, here's the story.

It was back during the early days of the Fo'Rums... I was making the daily hour long drive home from work about 2 AM and I got a call from my wife. Our daughter, who was about 3 years old at the time, was up all night having seizures. (Now 6, she's been diagnosed with Epilepsy.) My wife had been holding her trying to keep her as calm as possible, which was helping as the seizures slowed down considerably but, our daughter didn't want to go back to sleep for fear of them happening again.

When I got home, I went up to our daughter's room and my wife said, "Your turn." and I held my daughter on my lap, covered in a blanket and started to hum. It didn't start with anything in particular, but it seemed to help a little. Another couple of small seizures later, I knew this was going to take something "special" and started lightly singing "We Shall Sail Together." I was a few lines into the song and didn't know the rest of the words so I began to hum the rest. She seemed to relax, so I hummed "Hoist the Colors" from Pirates of the Caribbean and she relaxed a bit more. After doing those two songs a couple more times, my daughter as asleep on my lap.

The next day, I posted that story on here and thanked Robin Beanland (who wrote WSST). The Community replied with well wishes and their own stories of the healing power of music. It even came to the attention of Rare staff (Joe Neate, amongst others) and they too added their words of encouragement. A few days passed and I thought the story had come to an end... It was about to get a bit more interesting.

There was a new reply by a Rare employee and I didn't recognize the gamer tag, but there was a small message and a link to the Lullaby. After clicking the link, I figured out who the employee was; Robin Beanland himself. On the page that loaded, I hit "Play" and from my laptop. My wife heard the song and said, "That sounds familiar... What is it?" It took me a minute to compose myself and explain. I read the original post along with all the replies.

When our daughter got up from her nap, I held her on my lap and told her, "A man who lives on a far away island made something for you. Would you like to hear it?" She excitedly said she would, snuggled in close and I played the Lullaby for her.

Since that day, about three years ago, that song has been played any time she has her seizures, wakes from nightmares, or just needs something to calm her down and it still works like it did the first time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    So, there's the story of the Sea of Thieves Lullaby. Hopefully, you don't think of the girls from The Shining next time you hear it. grins

Views
2 out of 10