out of video memory

• Hello,
    every time i start the game i get the error:
    Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resoltution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting...

I already installed the latest version for my GPU and also set the graphics to a minimum aswell the resoltion and also in window mode.

My specs are:
    i5-2450M 2,5Ghz up to 3,1GHz
    nividia GeFroce GT 630M up to 4095MB
    8GB DDR3 Memory

I know my specs are very low, but shouldn't the game at least start, i can see the game logo for 5 seconds and then i get this error.

Thank you for any advice!

Views
  • @vipeeerz

It sounds like this is specifically related to your graphics card, and not the game itself.

That’s not a very good card you’re using I don’t think. It may also just be old but only you would really know the answer to that.

• @vipeeerz You need a new graphics card, mate. anything currently available will be better than what you have got, so... choose a cheap one you can afford. :P

GeForce GTX 1660 Ti should be within your price range i would imagine. New card, affordable gaming, pretty decent. :)

• Buy an XBOX bro! Seriously I’m playing on an OG Launch one and other than load time no issues!

You can get a used one for like 150 bucks!

• @sweltering-nick Based on the 'M' in his processor and video card specs, this is a laptop so its probably not upgradable beyond more RAM, which won't really help him out.

• @d3adst1ck It's a 720p graphics card.

Must be an old OLD laptop, rofl.

• Thank you guys!

I bought shadow cloud computing, now its working :D

• I get the same error, though I have GeForce GTX 1050 and I can play AC Odyssey in high graphics, so I don't think my video card is the problem here.

• @nymphriel said in out of video memory:

I get the same error, though I have GeForce GTX 1050 and I can play AC Odyssey in high graphics, so I don't think my video card is the problem here.

I fixed it by verifying the integrity of the game files on Steam and the following the steps in this website: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows/
    So stop saying buy a new driver or Xbox, it's not helpful.

• @nymphriel dude you necrod a thread and then responded to yourself...

• As this thread was 9 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
7 out of 11