What's going on with Greybeard errors joining open crews?

• I see some vague information acknowledging it in (old) forum posts here, as well as other reports on the official discord and reddit. I first noticed the issue yesterday and just now I've received it while attempting to join for ~30 minutes straight. Server status doesn't indicate anything unusual, is there any official information on or acknowledgement of this issue?

Views
  • They are aware of the issue and they have communicated that they are working on it. You should log a support ticket so they can work with you to help you identify why it is happening and to help you overcome the issue. How are you joining the servers? Open crew, LFG tool, joining a friend? Are you on console or PC?

• @ghostpaw said in What's going on with Greybeard errors joining open crews?:

They are aware of the issue and they have communicated that they are working on it. You should log a support ticket so they can work with you to help you identify why it is happening and to help you overcome the issue. How are you joining the servers? Open crew, LFG tool, joining a friend? Are you on console or PC?

Where was this communication?

• @hantu548

This is the response I got, at the end of September, to the second support ticket that I raised on this issue:

Hi there,

Our team is aware of this issue and working on a solution. We hope that the issue will be resolved soon with an update.

In the meantime, please use Closed Crew as a workaround.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sea of Thieves - Player Support

I have not been able to join a closed crew for almost two months now. I also have a problem trying to deal with the traders in game. They often "time out" without being able to sell me missions and stuff.

• @surveyorpete I don't know that a response from September would still be relevant. From my own experience and the other users i see reporting it in the official discord this started yesterday

• @hantu548

I might agree with you if my problem had been fixed "with an update" and has now just re-appeared. However, I suspect that means the problem is just getting worse - not better. It has certainly affected some players for weeks. Not just me.

• just to clarify, this isn't an intermittent issue (at least not today, yesterday it was). i just unsuccessfully attempted to join an open crew for an hour straight

• I have greybeard too while joining open crew.

• Three days so far for me.

• I am having this issue too.
    Havent played for months and I wanted to come back and check it out. This sucks big time.

hope they fix it soon.

• any updates on this?? still cannot join open crew

• @bdoggdapimp said in What's going on with Greybeard errors joining open crews?:

any updates on this?? still cannot join open crew

The update is, that they're working on a fix, but no ETA on it, so don't keep your hopes up. Some people are stuck with this bug for months now and once it affects you, it's there to stay. I can't join open crews for almost a week now, and I just resubbed to Gamepass to play some Sea of Thieves, so whenever my group ain't online, it's solo slooping time for me.

Views
7 out of 12