About Buried Treasure & Maps

• @pithyrumble @personalc0ffee

Yeah, there is that, but the Event Hub can provide consistent new rewards to keep going to unlock - think of it like the Ledgers and if it's in the Events section it wouldn't require client updates all the time.

They can cycle in and out faction based burying events to keep players using this feature.

• @musicmee That's certainly one way to do it.

• Also, doing it that way they can place rewards on only buying the top their loot... which should stop (or lessen) the current issue of players just ding up other players' tat!

• @personalc0ffee said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

I play with a Reaper Heavy crew at times, they are semi-regular crew and we sunk like 17-20 boats one day and all but one had what I would consider a good haul. Most people do not carry loot and of course all we had was a bangton of supplies and murder flares, naturally.

We sink quite a lot less crews as we stay on one server, but our average loot is quite nice and when not looking for a fight we do have loot on board. Is it a tripple stacked fort or a complete Athena ? Nope - but still worth taking a lot of the time.

• @lem0n-curry said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

@personalc0ffee said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

I play with a Reaper Heavy crew at times, they are semi-regular crew and we sunk like 17-20 boats one day and all but one had what I would consider a good haul. Most people do not carry loot and of course all we had was a bangton of supplies and murder flares, naturally.

We sink quite a lot less crews as we stay on one server, but our average loot is quite nice and when not looking for a fight we do have loot on board. Is it a tripple stacked fort or a complete Athena ? Nope - but still worth taking a lot of the time.

Typically if we jump someone at a fort, fof, or fotd we know they have loot so we prioritize them but like random emissaries we've come upon, don't ever seem to have anything.

@lem0n-curry said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

Typically if we jump someone at a fort, fof, or fotd we know they have loot so we prioritize them but like random emissaries we've come upon, don't ever seem to have anything.

I don't think you expect Emissaries to keep all the treasure on board hen they know there is an active PvP Reaper on the server ? They are just playing smart.

I don't think you expect Emissaries to keep all the treasure on board hen they know there is an active PvP Reaper on the server ? They are just playing smart.

Portalling

Portalling

In that case: you reap what you sow.

I have, and I think more crews have, decided to turn in more often when there is a chance to be surprised by a R5 with loads of supplies and nothing to gain from except a flag.

Remove portal hopping and you'll get juicier ships.

Portalling

In that case: you reap what you sow.

I have, and I think more crews have, decided to turn in more often when there is a chance to be surprised by a R5 with loads of supplies and nothing to gain from except a flag.

Remove portal hopping and you'll get juicier ships.

I have been on both sides.

You also end up stuck on dead servers, though.

• @musicmee said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

Also, doing it that way they can place rewards on only buying the top their loot... which should stop (or lessen) the current issue of players just ding up other players' tat!

For this to work then they will have to turn in the maps for it to count. Like @PithyRumble stated about the Athena loot. We already have to bury 20 pieces but that is just burying them, not leaving them for others to get. When I did mine all I did was as soon as the piece was thunked I reburied it to get the point towards the accommodation. Then I finished digging it up to take my loot with me. If they keep the same style for coms then we are still in the same loop.

• @inboundbomb said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

@musicmee said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

Also, doing it that way they can place rewards on only buying the top their loot... which should stop (or lessen) the current issue of players just ding up other players' tat!

For this to work then they will have to turn in the maps for it to count. Like @PithyRumble stated about the Athena loot. We already have to bury 20 pieces but that is just burying them, not leaving them for others to get. When I did mine all I did was as soon as the piece was thunked I reburied it to get the point towards the accommodation. Then I finished digging it up to take my loot with me. If they keep the same style for coms then we are still in the same loop.

I did the same thing with the loot of Athena hahahaha

• @maironds88 said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

@inboundbomb said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

Once I found it out it was easy peasy. Unfortunate for my crew it was only for the first person who buried it.

• @inboundbomb said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

@maironds88 said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

@inboundbomb said in About Buried Treasure & Maps:

Once I found it out it was easy peasy. Unfortunate for my crew it was only for the first person who buried it.

Exactly. We had to repeat some FoF

• @sweetsandman your third concern makes a good point. The game is a sideways progression which is only down to player skill. So nothing earned or bought makes you better, just your own ability. So adding a prestige system would be cool if it was done in a real grind type of way. The idea would be purposely hard so that you might get there, but only if you really played it too much. It still gives you something to play for though.

• @liberance I usually bury mine all in a bundle and it's usually captains chests, things you get from the ghost ships ora fully stocked storage crate if I'm coming off. I'll bury between 5 and 10 treasures all close to make people want to go there if they should have that map. But I don't like picking them up myself as they are usually scattered across islands and complete tat. On occasion it'll be a primed gunpowder keg which is always funny but usually a foul bounty skull and a crate of sugar. When you can do gold vaults and now forts, why would you even bother doing dig up maps unless it's for an athena. I agree with you and think it needs an incentive.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
49 out of 51