Crows nest is a bit of a hassle

• I want to use the crows nest more, but I can't really find a good reason to do so, since it's kind of a hassle to go up and down all the time to check the course. It would be cool if there was some kind of way to check that you were on the right course, while staying in the crows nest. Like a tiny version of the big map or something.

Views
  • Tip: If you're on a sloop and want to look the map quickly, you can check it from behind the anchor! :)
    I never use the crows nest to be honest, it's just there to stack my kegs :D

• @pejnapple
    Use your Handheld Compass and Ship Compass more. ;)

• Use landmarks, clouds, the sun, stars and your compass to stay on course.

Also, on sloop, jump and grab from helm onto ladder to save a few seconds going up. Going down, let go of the ladder and grab again at the last second. It will take a bit of practice to learn the timing. But up/down will go to the crows nest will go much faster.

• Compass
    • Spyglass
    • Knowledge of the sea.
    • Preplan path and passing islands.

Now sit in crowsnest and let it auto sail itself

• @viperishemu2992

Aye, like OP said, use your ship's and personal compass to stay on course. Crow's nest is good where there is thick fog or if you are looking to spot a ship on the horizon. I wish there was a rope though that you can grab and once you are holding it you slash at the rigging of the rope and it pulls you up to the crows nest, sort of like how Jack Sparrow zips around the ship in combat, grab a rope and swing to another vantage point. It would make the climb up easier, and then you just gotta come back down the regular way or jump. lol

• @pejnapple if you sail into the mist you will use a crowsnest ;)

• @avecrux
    They are useful for those who do guard-the-ship/cannon duty at forts etc.. amongst other things...

• @kerrs-holley said in Crows nest is a bit of a hassle:

@viperishemu2992

Aye, like OP said, use your ship's and personal compass to stay on course. Crow's nest is good where there is thick fog or if you are looking to spot a ship on the horizon. I wish there was a rope though that you can grab and once you are holding it you slash at the rigging of the rope and it pulls you up to the crows nest, sort of like how Jack Sparrow zips around the ship in combat, grab a rope and swing to another vantage point. It would make the climb up easier, and then you just gotta come back down the regular way or jump. lol

Swingy ropes would be awesome fun! But the physics may be too crazy. Remember, Rare still can't do anchors :)

• @viperishemu2992

Haha tis true matey! But man some ropes to swing from would be awesome. Imagine you can grab a rope and jump swing towards an enemy ship that is sailing side by side with your ship! Pirates of the Caribbean status!

Views
6 out of 10