Not rolling on deck laughing

• With the new Haunted Shores update, we have a plethora of new quick chat options. However, many of the quick chat options are harder to get to. All interactable quick chats are now on a sub-page instead of on the front end. Why was that changed?

Furthermore, we can now tab our tool radial to not only access our last tool, but our last quest as well. The problem with this is that once you bring out your map, it becomes the predominant choice at 1 press and the tool as the double-tap. IMO, this should be reversed, as tools are more important and more frequently used. Having to pull out a map 1st when I need the bucket now to prevent sinking and accomplish that last 2nd save is aggravating.

Finally, with the new default settings, you can no longer jump with an open radial on console, because A is now assigned to the quest radial, which is now a sub-radial. It can be reassigned in the settings menu, but that's unfortunate that you have to do that at all, because it will leave newer pirates who don't know about it at a distinct disadvantage during a fight.

What are your thoughts on the radial changes.

Views
  • @galactic-geek All I know is you can now spam chat which wasn't a thing and its much easier if you tap the talk button in quick succession. Horray for chat spam

• I'm on PC, so I just rebound my keys.

• @galactic-geek I dislike the radial changes. the controls all feel clunky.

• @galactic-geek Aye. The one positive was adding more chat options. Choice is good. But I feel like they went about it completely wrong. Meh.

• I just found out that if you hotkey a tool, it can't be quickly accessed with the radial-tap. During my fight with Flameheart, I had the bucket hotkeyed to d-pad left, but out of old habits, kept tapping RB and as a result, kept getting my spyglass out instead despite the fact that the bucket was actually the last tool I used. It was super annoying!

• @galactic-geek that's been a thing. the last tool used only applies to tools picked from the wheel.

• @captain-coel said in Not rolling on deck laughing:

@galactic-geek that's been a thing. the last tool used only applies to tools picked from the wheel.

I remember back when SoT 1st released, it worked as a true previous item button, allowing you to quickly switch between 2 items, not just 1 - and only from the same radial to boot! It even worked with the quest radial so you could quickly re-access your last 2 equipped quests! ...and still works with the weapon-switch (for obvious reasons).

Way Back Then
    RB - spyglass, bucket, and back again

Pre-update
    RB - spyglass, empty-hand, spyglass

Post-Update
    RB - quest map, spyglass, and back again

Views
1 out of 8