New Gold Hoarder options.

• Im sure someone else has also thought about this already, but i didnt find a thread about it.

So now the Order of Souls have Skeleton Crew and Ghost Ship missions available.
    The Merchant Alliance have Animal Missions and Cargo Delivery Missions.
    (Even Athena missions come in two forms, regular and red (Devils Roar).

That means two of the original factions have 2 types of voyages available to choose from, but the Gold Hoarders do not. Sure the GH missions have text and x-marks-the-spot variants, but not a separate voyage type.
    So i just wanted see if we can get a discussion going on regarding what this new second voyage option for the GH could be.

One idea would be a sort of Mini Tall Tale voyage.
    Example 1: In a basic variant you could look for an idol in a x-marks-the spot mission, then a map which leads you to a cavern that you open with said idol. There you find a more valuable chest. (It could use the fort chest as a template.)
    Example 2: You get a destination (an island area) where a Treasure Galleon spawn, that has a special, more valuable chest. This ship could use similar behaviour algorithms as the skeleton ships and ghost ships, but with a different skin... something like the spanish treasure galleons, perhaps clad in gold?

The idea here is naturally to diversify the GH missions, but could also give players a shorter voyage type to choose from. The reward in both examples would be a single chest with a higher value (say that of 3-4 captains chests). Not too valuable, just enough to make it a good choice for those who want a shorter and faster voyage.

Sure those examples were very simple and sort of re-packaging of existing voyages, but that was my point. The templates are already in the game, and would be easier and faster to implement when the building blocks are kind of there already. Or perhaps we just need to wait and see what Rare comes up with, and we get something totally different and new.

Could this be an idea? Or do you have some better ideas? I would love to hear them,

Ghostfire

Views
1 out of 1