The 3D Gallery

• Now I have started to use Blender more properly and have seen some tutorials so I have wanted to share 3D stuff. So as of now I have created this mug which still needs some work but I'll try to fix it in the future. Strangely it didn't show up with the "Picture" thing.
    alt text
    alt text

Views
  • @Death-Sword22 awesome work dude. How long did it take?

• @Mi6-x-NeRo It didn't take long to like make the mug but it took like some time for photo to appear better I think it was because the faces where divided less. Later I'm going to learn how to draw with textures and then I'm going to try to do it better.

• @Death-Sword22 so you have to draw each individual texture

• @Mi6-x-NeRo Not like that but using like a drawing tool and just draw whatever on top of it.

• Okay made a better looking one that also looks like it needs more editing. Thought of going for a brown color so that it looks like kind of wood. Drew the skull look at my amazing drawing skills :v jk.

• @Death-Sword22 That's great mate! I need this mug to pour my rum in!! If you are attacked sometime today just know it's me to steal your mug.

...now that I think about it I'll wait for you to finish it first. So keep us posted on your progress, I'm most intrested. :)

• @fryni9lives I'm thinking of doing many things. At first I thought I had a good amount of stuff to try to create but now it doesn't look like I have anything.

• Ok I got the best one yet and I think this will be the last Mug. Now I'm going to try something else. Now if I had a 3D printer I swear I would have printed this. Had to use Cycles Render and also cut the image in Gimp. Also made the black a little lighter.
    alt text

• @Death-Sword22 said in The 3D Gallery:

Ok I got the best one yet and I think this will be the last Mug. Now I'm going to try something else. Now if I had a 3D printer I swear I would have printed this. Had to use Cycles Render and also cut the image in Gimp. Also made the black a little lighter.

I was planning on remodelling the Tankard from the SoT fan pack, because that would have been the best cup for my drinks... but unfortunately it would only be good for display purposes.

Turns out 3D prints aren't "food safe"

• @TheAaronLeigh Ugh that's bad oh well. If I think of doing anything by watching any of those videos in youtube to create something that would represent SOT but not in 3D but like something like making a ice SOT skull. Lol that would be funny to do.

• There was a guy i can't remember his name but i am sure he posted on reddit that he made a SoT coin that looked really nice

• @OxtailCentaur93 It was our very own, very talented @TheAaronLeigh

You can read about it here.

3D Coin

• @KattTruewalker thx but i readed it some time ago on reddit

• @OxtailCentaur93

Hello! waves

• Something new I was going to try to do a ship but I said my skills are not up to that level even if I do it poorly. So I did a poorly made boat :v
    alt text

• @Death-Sword22 Looks really nice don't down yourself it really looks good but you gotta practice. :)

• @OxtailCentaur93 Yeah I know I keep on watching tutorials and thanks.

• @Death-Sword22 I don't really know why i am sometimes giving saying things about peoples art because i suck so hard at the part of creativity and imagination and talent :(

• @OxtailCentaur93 Well after I watch some tutorials I just start messing around like crazy thinking I can already do really cool stuff XD. Now new picture.
    alt text

• @Death-Sword22 Looks really good can you link me up or something?

• @OxtailCentaur93 You want to share some 3D stuff? I use blender. I can also show you some tutorials that I use if that's what you mean.

• A really simple thing. And something that I'm waiting to see used in SOT.
    alt text

• @Death-Sword22 Yes please

• Lol I made this and it looks funny I was going to make it like more detailed but it's fine like this.
    alt text

• Trying to come up with something to use these stuff in for Unity. I have been learning a lot of things lately so I might be able to get something pretty good. I have been thinking of making a mini pirate game like Aaron but like a mini kind of game with low poly graphics and stuff. Have been thinking whether to make like a moba or like an adventure one.

• @Death-Sword22 although I'm not really a fan of the MOBA genre. It would be a cool game with a pirate skin. You could fix the camera at a certain distance from the player so the low poly models aren't as noticeable, perhaps?

• @TheAaronLeigh Maybe although I can also go for the type of Moba like Paragon or Smite which I like that way since for me it looks more interesting. I don't really like top down mobas that much. But now I have thought about a great way that I think I can carry on through. A low poly style adventure game of a kid in a village that wants to become a great pirate and and find a treasure that he has been told about in a story by his dad which went missing after he set out to discover that big legendary treasure. I have also thought of adding like magic or some type of sorcery since I think it will make more sense or look better than having like different sword styles, or different skills with sword which I think I should go with now.

• So these are some of the stuff that I have created the character is a placeholder for the future character. When I at least get the character and the more things I will create a thread for it to show the progress. I should spread out the bottom of the second tree in the future and between the 2 types the second kind of looks better. Also need to learn how to make the terrain low poly. Need to learn how make message box appear also and after that I can pretty much do a lot.
    alt text

• @Death-Sword22 2 weeks from now my course is going to cover UI and HUD design. So I'll offer any assistance where I can.

• @TheAaronLeigh I'll be glad to get help from you in the future. Looking forward to it.

• Have been currently trying to make a low poly house and then draw it but seriously this thing has been annoying me. Sometimes I have like 2 faces in 1 spot or some faces like don't show well as though they are really thin and when I try to draw on then it leaves spots without the color when drawing. :(

• @Death-Sword22 any chance for a screen shot? It sounds like you either have vertices crossing over making the faces inverted or the shape is not whole.

• @TheAaronLeigh I'm going to try to use sketchup now going to see what it can do since I once saw some people commenting it in a youtube video and said that it was easy. Then I searched it and it really looked really easy. I'm going to get a picture of it later. For now going to download and try to do it in Sketchup, then if everything goes fine in Sketchup I'll share a picture of it.

• So I gave up on the 3D story for now going to do it when I have more experience and have done some games so be in true to my love for SOT I have decided to go 2d way. Going to try to make 2D game in which you can travel on a ship if possible and go to islands. Also going to have like different pathways if possible and maybe some events in which you encounter another pirate ship. Now just need to know how to make the assets and try to get them.

Views
19 out of 43