New Pirate Curses

• Creating a post to brainstorm new types of pirate curses. I think it would be cool to see a barnacle curse come to the game similar to Bootstrap Bill from PotC. Another curse that I've seen a lot of people ask for is the skeleton curse. I think the skeleton curse should only effect a portion of the body and shouldn't just transform the player into a full blown skeleton. I would also love to see a curse that gives you fish scales all over. I know there is a costume already, but a curse allows you to wear whatever you want. Another idea that came to mind was a sand curse. The pirate could have a part of his body starting to crack and turn to sand. A plant curse, where vines and leaves are wrapped and sprouting around the body. These were just a few ideas that came to mind.

Views
  • Another one could be a ghost curse that makes parts of the body translucent.

• @jester1027 said in New Pirate Curses:

Creating a post to brainstorm new types of pirate curses. I think it would be cool to see a barnacle curse come to the game similar to Bootstrap Bill from PotC. Another curse that I've seen a lot of people ask for is the skeleton curse. I think the skeleton curse should only effect a portion of the body and shouldn't just transform the player into a full blown skeleton. I would also love to see a curse that gives you fish scales all over. I know there is a costume already, but a curse allows you to wear whatever you want. Another idea that came to mind was a sand curse. The pirate could have a part of his body starting to crack and turn to sand. A plant curse, where vines and leaves are wrapped and sprouting around the body. These were just a few ideas that came to mind.

Any curse like the barnacle or plant curse wouldn't work because the barnacles or plants would stick out and clip into clothing. Closest thing we can get would either be a Bootstrap Bill costume or greenish skin. Same goes for plant curse, except it probably could have green or red swirls on the skin that look similar to vines.

Skeleton curse will probably be added eventually, just a matter of time. Probably will be tied to Flameheart's story. Will probably look like what Wanda the weaponsmith had.

Fish curse would be interesting! I think it would be named the merfolk curse or something along those lines.

Sand curse would be interesting. Could look interesting if it mainly affects the arm or leg.

• @el-spaniardchi said in New Pirate Curses:

@jester1027 said in New Pirate Curses:

Creating a post to brainstorm new types of pirate curses. I think it would be cool to see a barnacle curse come to the game similar to Bootstrap Bill from PotC. Another curse that I've seen a lot of people ask for is the skeleton curse. I think the skeleton curse should only effect a portion of the body and shouldn't just transform the player into a full blown skeleton. I would also love to see a curse that gives you fish scales all over. I know there is a costume already, but a curse allows you to wear whatever you want. Another idea that came to mind was a sand curse. The pirate could have a part of his body starting to crack and turn to sand. A plant curse, where vines and leaves are wrapped and sprouting around the body. These were just a few ideas that came to mind.

Any curse like the barnacle or plant curse wouldn't work because the barnacles or plants would stick out and clip into clothing. Closest thing we can get would either be a Bootstrap Bill costume or greenish skin. Same goes for plant curse, except it probably could have green or red swirls on the skin that look similar to vines.

Skeleton curse will probably be added eventually, just a matter of time. Probably will be tied to Flameheart's story. Will probably look like what Wanda the weaponsmith had.

Fish curse would be interesting! I think it would be named the merfolk curse or something along those lines.

Sand curse would be interesting. Could look interesting if it mainly affects the arm or leg.

What if the barnacles were just tiny ones, closer to the ones seen on Will Turner in Dead Men Tell No Tales? Wouldn't cause too much clipping, I think. It just has to look reminiscent of the effects the Flying Dutchman had on its crew.

https://imagesvc.meredithcorp.io/v3/mm/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2017%2F05%2Fdeadmentellnotales59062731baa5b1-2000.jpg

• @hotklou9848 you brought up some really good points. I didn't think about clipping through the clothes. That would definitely look weird. I like the suggestion to model it after Will Turner's version of barnacles.

• @hotklou9848 That might work! Another option would be to have some hair or beards add larger barnacles instead of actually hair, kinda like how the mask for the Midnight Blades set falls into the beard slot.

• @el-spaniardchi Yeah, good point. I never thought about clipping issues with the barnacles and plant curses. If they added a green skin curse like you mentioned, it could be something like a sea sickness or a plague curse.

Views
6 out of 7