Improve PVP by dropping captaincy players' skulls when defeated by another player ship

• Would be cool if we could collect other player's skulls when their captained ship sinks.

Views
  • @idneon
    Isn't that the equivalent of a captain's log?

• Not cool. Pretty weird tho.
    Why tho? So you can set them on your ship and taunt the player when they come back?

“I’m holding the skull of “player name”
    Repeat and repeat

• @idneon said in Improve PVP by dropping captaincy players' skulls when defeated by another player ship:

Would be cool if we could collect other player's skulls when their captained ship sinks.

Sounds like a great way to encourage griefing and targeting lootless boats at Port. I enjoy pvp, but this seems wrong.

• You want to decapitate and strip the flesh from a vanquished pirate’s head? Eek.

• This is basically the ship log, which makes more sense to have floating up rather than skulls of players who may or may not have been on the ship at the time it sank anyways.

• @burnbacon said in Improve PVP by dropping captaincy players' skulls when defeated by another player ship:

Not cool. Pretty weird tho.
    Why tho? So you can set them on your ship and taunt the player when they come back?

Repeat and repeat

Basically. Cooler than a log. In Ark you could keep players ears if I recall lol.

• @idneon said in Improve PVP by dropping captaincy players' skulls when defeated by another player ship:

Would be cool if we could collect other player's skulls when their captained ship sinks.

Ew! Gross! 🤢
    We may be predators, but we're not Predators.

Is this where all of those ritual skulls are coming from?

Don’t order of souls collect skulls for like reading their minds?
    What “useful” information are they gonna get from lil ol me?
    All they’ll see is me getting drunk and then me fishing.
    Maybe we can use it as a trophy…
    But….I think I’ll pass…
    I don’t want some weirdo showing off my little skull to his crew!

@burnbacon said in Improve PVP by dropping captaincy players' skulls when defeated by another player ship:

Not cool. Pretty weird tho.

Repeat and repeat

Basically. Cooler than a log. In Ark you could keep players ears if I recall lol.

This isnt ark my friend, this game tries to keep things family friendly for the most part considering its age rating.

• Yeah the skull of a player seems to be a bit too brutal for sea of thieves.

Would be fun tho to find the wheel of the ship as a sellable item in addition to the log book. But this would only give incentives to attack everyone on sight. Most people who do that have nothing of value most of the time and rarely manage to put up a fight against crews equal in size.

• 1 logs.
    2 let's not encourage aggressive pvp huh?

Also the Predators liked fighting "game" and showed civilized, conservatory restraint in killing weak, enfeabled or pregnant pregnant prey. Although not culling which is weird 🤔but that's another thread lol.

• I doubt this would improve pvp the problem with pvp is that it would seem most people/ships aren’t interested in playing that way

• I'm terribly sorry, my laptop froze and I accidentally posted WAY too much. I'm working on deleting them.

Views
9 out of 20