How has your pirate changed over the years?

• My pirate's evolution over 5 years...
    Almost always a bilge rat, except around the Holidays when he becomes Captain Klaus De Santos.
    In late 2020, I settled on the Emerald Scoundrel look and stuck with that (with minor changes) for over 2 years, before briefly he became the Rose Gold Rogue in late 2022... and now in 2023, he's a Friend of the Sea, the Shackled Rogue...
    alt text
    alt text

Edit: better pic of my pirate as he is today.
    alt text

Views
  • My evolution has been pretty simple.
    Started as a kraken lord, then discovered the reapers and became a reaper PJs enjoyer. Once I reached pirate legend I switched to the infamous crop-top and never went back.

• He put on weight. He’s a big beefy boy now, wouldn’t change him for the world!

• @tesiccl said in How has your pirate changed over the years?:

He put on weight. He’s a big beefy boy now, wouldn’t change him for the world!

After the last 3 years, I can personally relate to that! 😂

• I wish I had access to some of my transformational photos.

Really, my pirate went from a poor fool who dreamt of being a swashbuckler to a real swashbuckler who collects the finery of swords and hats. Captain Cayde once cared about cashing in his treasure, but now he tends to care more for the tales made on the way. And still trusts no pirate other than Gran and the Silty Bard.

As the structure of my life changed, so too did the time I had for the seas. And while my legs rarely leave land, the call of adventure never ceases. My pirate's new goal is to get more time on the seas with his daughter, who fancies herself an explorer.

• I wish i had my original pirate, but he has changed a lot, started as hunter gear and majestic sovereign beard, evolved to fearless bone crusher clothes, to DA belt and beard. After merricks jacket came out, i changed outfit to the image below without a hat, then added the hat last season, and im not sure how much will change in the future for him!

alt text

• Mine still changes on almost a bi-weekly basis. Mix of Bilge Rat, Sovereign, Admiral, Party Boat, and the Merchant outfit.

Early on I mostly ran the whaling barnacle outfit, as I liked the barnacle look.

Only constant is that I've been running the curse and scars of sunken sorrow since I've gotten them, as I'm a fan of the sunken kingdom content.

• @realstyli
    Same!

• @goldsmen
    That is a really cool hat. What is that from?

• @scheneighnay
    How do you earn the curse of sunken sorrow?

• A piratical product of his survival in an environment that is as harsh and unforgiving as it is beautiful and generous

He's seen some things and done some things, it shows on his battle worn canvas

• @longlivecayde6 said in How has your pirate changed over the years?:

@goldsmen
    That is a really cool hat. What is that from?

Its flamehearts hat, it was a pirate legend reward from last season.

• @longlivecayde6 said in How has your pirate changed over the years?:

@scheneighnay
    How do you earn the curse of sunken sorrow?

1. Gather every journal from every siren shrine to unlock the voyage for it you can buy from the bilge rats

2. Go on the voyage that has you digging up a chest, visiting 3 shrines to iirc get 3 keys and open the chest to get another key inside of it, and then use the key to open a door in the third shrine.

I found it pretty difficult as voyages go because you have to visit that many shrines without getting the chest stolen on the way. We had to post a lookout and wound up fighting to discourage other crews a couple of times.
    Thankfully they were poorly motivated and just doing their own voyages nearby, so we got them to leave us alone without anyone sinking.

• @goldsmen
    I'm a season late! ARRRRRGH!!
    Nice!

• On day one, my pirate kept the sailor outfit with the Day One Eyepatch since the Black Dog pack was delayed. Once it finally showed up, he started wearing different pieces to that set.
    Occasionally my pirate would wear new cosmetics during the event they were introduced. Bone Crusher, Wailing Barnacle, Forsaken ashes. He would always end up back with the same original pieces though.
    He gained the hungering deep scars, the cursed sails tattoo, the curse of the order, and black face paint.
    He once set sail wearing a full set of Scurvy Bilge Rat clothes while sailing on a Scurvy Bilge Rat ship to celebrate owning all of the cosmetics.
    There was a brief period when he wore the Soulflame First Crewmate costume to hide the Glorious Seadog outfit while competing in the arena.
    With so many voyages under his belt, his hair started to grey with the Silverback hair dye, showing his experience and time sailed.
    His latest change being the Blessing of Athena's Fortune.

• BurnBacon

I stick with whatever I find myself liking. But I always keep the Eyepatch that shows my D1 status, even the updated golden M. My appearance showed off my travels and adventures at the time.

• Lost sea pirate, One just found the SoT and getting his feet wet.
    • Golden Sickness, Found the Shores of Gold and got cursed by it...
    • Crazy/Poor pirate, Had to much to drink and stood out in the sun too long.
    • Captain, Have my own ship and sail the seas as one.
    • & now just a Lost Pirate. No crew, no fellow shipmates but those found along the way.
      Randomly I've caught myself wearing the 'Spinal' or the 'Legendary Treasure Seeker' costumes, which ever I feel like putting on or off.
  • My pirate has been wearing the same outfit for 5 years never changed it.

Views
8 out of 17