Storm Sale Grind

• This is my method for grinding out the Storm Sale Commendation. Simply dive to Seabound Soul, sail south to Flooded Embrace, find horn and sell at Daggerthooth. The horn will spawn in 2 of the 5 shrines (at least im told as much) on any server, giving it a spawn chance of 40%. I did this as if it was a speed run and timed it out. I started from when the start screen and stopped when i got to the bottom of the shrine to find a horn. I got this down to about 5 mins, fastest time was 4:40, slowest was 5:58, load times from spawning in and diving are the biggest variable. While technically possible to dive 12 times per hour, its more likely to only get 11. If we round that down to 10 diver per hour, at a 40% spawn chance, we should expect 4 horns per hour. After doing this for a few hours, i did get about 3-4 per hour. For the fastest results i recommend using un-captained ships to reduse time from title screen to setting sail. Select Monkey Island over Adventure to skip the tavern and spawn closer to ship. Raise anchor, drop sails, vote to dive to tall tale. Once you come up, fully turn left and raise sails until your pointed at the shrine, drop sail again dont worry about catching wind too much but it doesnt hurt. Personally I just anchored and jump off to swim down (very swabbie of me), but you can raise sails if you want, I just didn't want to. If there isnt a horn, it is always faster to load a new game then to wait for the diving time to reset. If there is a horn, you should have time to raise anchor before someone shows up but if not, the horn is safe in the mermaids so long as you dont take it out. Once you have the horn, sail north to Daggertooth to sell. This method works in safer seas too if thats more your speed. Hope this helps, and let me know if theres a better way or if I got something wrong here.

Views
  • UPDATE.
    So after a few days of doing this, I have come up with a few more ideas to consider if anyone tries this method.

1. Get a friend to do this with you on a second sloop, this means double the chances of a spawn. Which ever player gets the horn, the other joins their game to get the point for selling.
    2. If you can, vote up Siren Song. You shouldn't take but 1-2 mins to swim down and find a horn or not, but if you do and someone came over to sink you, the Siren Song voyage should have you respawn near by.
    3. Even tho this method is fast at getting horns (relatively speaking), it can be a long grind still with multiple empty Shrines. To help make the time go by faster, try listening to music or a podcast. It can make this far more enjoyable.
      Good luck hunting.
Views
1 out of 2