Sails/achievement help

• I've been looking for the sails in the promotional material that have a white red and gold color scheme with the sovereign symbol. I need the name of these sails and someone to confirm they unlock from completing "greatest race" achievement. I have never seen these sails in game in 6 years.

Thank you good day.

Views
  • @commandrew Can you link to an image showing the sails? As far as I know that achievement doesn’t have an in game reward, so I’m wondering if it is tied to anything else. But there are a few cosmetics used in promotional images over the years that aren’t actually available to us.

• I'm unsure of the name but I believe the ones you're talkin about were a charity event. Had to buy em at the time the charity was goin on so sadly they aren't available anymore.

• @abjectarity I'm not sure how to share the image, but they appear in the image for the greatest race achievement as well as the 'full billow' achievement.

@Tenseiga23 the sails you are talking about are called the 'vaulted dawn' sails. While the same color scheme, not the ones I'm looking for.

• Ah those, no they aren’t in game. The Valiant Dawn sails that were the charity sails were potentially a remake of those used for the charity event.

• @COMMANDREW

I can confirm what my fellow forum members are saying; those sails do not exist anywhere in the retail game which is why you've never seen them.

Promotional images, up to and including the pictures used for the achevements on the website, frequently use placeholder or palette-swap cosmetics that are unavailable for us to purchase or earn anywhere. It's mildly frustrating sometimes. There's even a loooong-running forum thread here somewhere about cosmetics we see in images or worn by NPCs that we want in-game but do not yet have.

Additonally, I can also confirm for you that there are NO cosmetics in game that are unlocked by earning an achievement unless there is a corresponding commendation you also complete while doing so. Unlockable or earnable cosmetics are linked through in-game commendation completion...not Xbox, Steam or PlayStation achievements/trophies.

• Thank you for the reply. The thing is there isn't even a color swap for those sails and I've wanted them since before the game released.

It would be nice if they added them or a color swap for guild emissary rewards since there aren't many there.

Views
1 out of 7