Give Regular Skelly Ships Bonecallers

• Fighting aboard ships is a necessary part of any pirate game. Swashbuckling action on the deck of a ship is exciting. Clashing swords on deck, firing pistols in the hull, etc.

In Sea of Thieves, you can board or be boarded by other players. You cannot board the ethereal ghost ships, but can hop aboard Skeleton Ships. However, the NPC's don't get to board you back. This was changed when the Burning Blade was given Bonecallers. However, before they came out, I was under the impression that all skeleton ships would have these available to them. I would like to actually give Skeleton ships Bonecallers in their arsenal. Being boarded by NPC's woul be exciting and help change the pace of combat. Having bonecallers added to the cannonballs and curseballs would help add a slight challenge to the fights. It could have a percentile chance somewhere between regular cannonballs and curseballs to be shot.

Views
  • and let them dance on megs when a skelly ship shoots a meg with a bone caller

• The plus side is that Skelly ship encounters would be marginally more engaging than they are today and give swabbies a small (read: VERY small) taste of what a PvP encounter would look like.

I'd also support making one or two Bone Callers be a reward in the storage crates dropped by roaming/emergent skeleton ships. Not the fleet so much, but definitely roaming skelly ships and emergent skelly ships.

Views
1 out of 3