New types of activities

• Hi folks,
    Recently a meme about "good pirates never steal" in a childrens book triggered an interesting thought process.

Basicly no pirate is the same as another.
    His/her behavior and interests on the seas depends heavily on what the pirate values, what codex the pirate operates on and what kind of specialization the pirate proceeds.

We have the thieves, the robberers, the murderers, the smuglers, the legendary sailors (like in sailed through helish environment), we have the rebels (like in crush the current elites), we have the benefactors (stealing from rich & giving it to poor/noobs), we have the discoverers/scribers, we have the map makers, we have the ship builders/stylers, we have the racers and i bet even a lot more a can not think of just yet. All good and well living styles of being a pirate/seafahrer/sailor.

So my point is:
    In sea of thieves, in my opinion at least, lies so much potential of new activities we could be allowed to do. For example racing is more or less possible but nowhere actually integrated properly. Like in give us racetracks or sonething like that where we could officially measure times or finishline crossing .
    Or another example would be smuggling. Luke in give us ware restricted zones where for example lootless skelly ships will spawn and attack you if you enter with certain goods, giving you rewards if you make it to the shores or to certain npcs. Or for example establish a coast guard around port merrick banning all reaper objects and if you manage to bring rhem anyhow you are rewarded big.

This should be just a few examples of the rich ways sea of thieves could possibly entertain us and the devs come up with quite good ideas. So what do you folks think? Do you have more unique ways if pirate style not represented by current sot?

Best regards captain 4lexKidd

Views
  • The obstacle course thing in the monkey island tall tale is probably something they could expand on.

Adding more parkour with timers

Target shooting would be a cool one

adding weights to fish for fishing competitions

add archery

add a herd of wild horses to the shores of gold and then add voyages for people to help the horses in some form, whether eliminating threats or maintaining their environment in some way

"creature feature" investigation voyages where people can go on RNG searches/explorations for different creatures around the sea in a Lore kind of way.

• I'm surprised we as pirates can sign up to do wholesome merchant missions, but never we never get to do any smuggling.

Arguably though, there's nothing illegal in the sea of thieves because there is no government to dictate what is illegal or not. It's a lawless land where everything goes.

• @olde-grim-jack
    Thats the reason smuggling would be quite complicated but i bet if done right could be quite enjoyable.
    But as you say you would need some kind of authority and the only proper authority coming to mind is flame heard and his "patroling police" skelly ships but even that would be slightly a stretch to sell as authority.

Port merrik as the only proper "city" could establish a authority of some kind (mayor style) with patroling ghost conquistador ships or something like that might be believable.

Views
1 out of 4