First Voyage Question

• Hello Everyone!

Just curious what I am missing. My son and I purchased the first Voyage, which was actually free. However, it doesn't say where to go or what to do.

It said something about a gold clan or something so we went to the lost gold island (I can't remember the specific names as I am at work), got killed by ridiculously accurate cannons, and were finally able to take them out after a few tries.

Is there a way to find info about what exactly requirements there are to complete a Voyage?

Thank you!

Views
  • @vormison Ahoy there - once you have purchased a quest, make your way to the Captain's desk or in the sloop, the small table in the map room and interact with it to choose a quest, vote for the quest and then a map should pop up in your map inventory.

• @katttruewalker Thank you for the quick response. We were looking at the map on the ship.

Thanks again!

• @vormison So, you have to first go into your ship's captain's cabin and propose a voyage. All players must then go and vote for that voyage.

Once this is done, you will receive a map which you can use RB/Q to pull up. After you've done this, match the island on that map to its counterpart on your navigational charts.

After that, sail to the matched island and begin your search and dig!

• @vormison Not the map table itself, there is a small table by the window with the purple drape and on the galleon the desk in the Captain's cabin.... sorry if I wasn't clear.

• Hey @vormison

Did you put the voyage scroll on the captain table of your ship and voted to start the voyage? When you've successfully done that you receive an additional map which is either a picture of an island marked with red X which is the spot where the treasure is or a sentence which tells you which island to look for. On PC you can access treasure map holding 'E' and choosing it with mouse. The first clue states well the required island but then second and third clues might a bit trickier and requires you to look for the markings or items on the treasure island.

Edit: I was kinda late with the reply :D

• @twitt116 how on a controller pad?

• @n-a-ii-m-a The button to pull up your map radial for a gamepad is RB.

• @n-a-ii-m-a Right Bumper and Left Bumper are your inventories on the Xbox controller.

• @katttruewalker said in First Voyage Question:

@vormison Ahoy there - once you have purchased a quest, make your way to the Captain's desk or in the sloop, the small table in the map room and interact with it to choose a quest, vote for the quest and then a map should pop up in your map inventory.

i tried this in a 2-player game yesterday, but i think there is a Major bug in here... with the first free Mission i had to lay it on the table several times, until the map was in my inventory... after finishing the voyage, i bought another one... but we didn't got the map after voting... even worse: after some tries, i got 200 Gold less... the Money was gone ...

• @megachri There have been some similar problems reported, I would definitely pass this on as a bug -

Support

• Hi guys, can I play on the PC in the closed BETA and crew up with my mate who's playing on xbox? I know it's cross platform and all but just wonderin' how you play with specific friends/family in the same crew rather than randoms?
    Thanks

• @katttruewalker said in First Voyage Question:

@megachri There have been some similar problems reported, I would definitely pass this on as a bug -

Support

i reported it ... thanx

• @pharsalus2084 said in First Voyage Question:

Hi guys, can I play on the PC in the closed BETA and crew up with my mate who's playing on xbox? I know it's cross platform and all but just wonderin' how you play with specific friends/family in the same crew rather than randoms?
    Thanks

I loaded up a game last night and the other players were all PC i am XB and in game party chat worked fine.

• I just wanted to pop on and thank you all for your help. This game is amazing. It's a breath of fresh air and my son and I are loving every moment of it. I really hope it does well as Rare deserves it and so do gamers.

Thanks again!

Views
1 out of 15