Charting the Sea of Thieves

• After hours of getting whooped sailing solo, this is what I have to show for it. I am sad to say I doubt I'll be able to finish before the beta ends, so here it is, I tried charting all of the rocks and shipwrecks, as well as islands I came across.

Views
  • @frodj Awesome job! I love the color coding and you nailed down the three different areas. I am sure it will come in handy for many pirates later!

• Very well done!

• Nice Work!

• You’re on your way to becoming a legend! Although we already had a map, you took time to chart it yourself, and whatever the reason, it’s still pretty cool.

• I see that the pink and green dots are labeled but what are the red dots?

Edit... Nevermind. Red is the rocks.

• @frodj nice effort!

• @frodj
    I like how the 3 uncharted islands triangulate to the Wreck of the Howling Beast. This is all speculation but what if they are uncharted because no one who's been there has come back alive? Coincidentally, the wreck is referring to some kind of beast. I wonder how they relate...

• @renteddragoon46 Well there are currently howsl in the game that can be heard across the map. Rare has hinted that this is indeed the sound of the Kraken.

Maybe these 3 islands will have something to do with the Kraken. They have a lot of very interesting things at them when you explore around them.

• @ionei-falcon said in Charting the Sea of Thieves:

@frodj Awesome job! I love the color coding and you nailed down the three different areas. I am sure it will come in handy for many pirates later!

I didn't make the whole map. I only charted the uncharted stuff. @Zakyson2 made the rest!

• @firetadpole7469 said in Charting the Sea of Thieves:

You’re on your way to becoming a legend! Although we already had a map, you took time to chart it yourself, and whatever the reason, it’s still pretty cool.

Did the other map already have the uncharted ships and rocks as well? I wasn't aware of there being one.. If so I won't have to worry about it in the full game!

• @frodj
    No m8, the older map didn't have the uncharted stuff, it didn't even have a few of the newer islands on it, so yours is an upgrade :)

• @logansdadtoo said in Charting the Sea of Thieves:

@frodj
    No m8, the older map didn't have the uncharted stuff, it didn't even have a few of the newer islands on it, so yours is an upgrade :)

Awesome! Although it really grinds my gears I couldn't finish it before the beta ends!

• I did something like this

• @Frodj
    Great work on the map matey, hopefully she'll hold true as part of the release map!

• @frodj did a great job charting out the unmarked islands. I just hope that this is a building block towards the full games map and I won't have to start over on it. Thanks for all the positive responses.

• @renteddragoon46 said in Charting the Sea of Thieves:

@frodj
    I like how the 3 uncharted islands triangulate to the Wreck of the Howling Beast. This is all speculation but what if they are uncharted because no one who's been there has come back alive? Coincidentally, the wreck is referring to some kind of beast. I wonder how they relate...

The Howling Beast is the name of the ship. That is all.

On the subject, there are 3 Wrecks of the Howling Beast on your map. Is that correct?

• @renteddragoon46

At one of the uncharted islands, I believe the one between K and L at 14:15 intersection there's a large wreck near an underwater crevice, inside the crevice is a large skeleton of a fanged monster very large.

Views
2 out of 18