empty seas. no ships on the horizon

• Hi folks, i am really enjoying the game but there's something strange. All day long i didn't met any other ship, just me and my crew, how's that possible? Have you met someone during your trips?

Views
  • It's a big ocean out there. It's entirely possible for you to not meet another crew in your travels.

• that's funny cause I cant seem to stay away from other crews lol xD. I spawn in and normally can spot 1 or 2 on the horizon.

• I'm sailed with the crew and never seen another ship I have sailed solo 4 hours on end with no Voyage in line just sailing back and forth and never seen another soul on the water think they need to set a higher population although it makes it easy for me to get things done every once in awhile I kind of want to start a fight or just steal somebody else's stuff like a real pirate but if there's no one there I have nothing to pirate

• I didn't see anyone else either, but didn't play a whole bunch yesterday so I wasn't concerned yet.

• It varies for me from game to game. Sometimes I am in a fleet of ships (ok well like 3 others) and other times I feel alone.

I like the variability.

• Played every day for 6 hours since release. We always see ships around us 1-2 sloops 1-2 galeons. Yesterday was rly on high populated server. 3 galeons in 1 battle. But last tuesday there was 2 hour window when we didn't spot anyone (there were server problems, so we decide it's somehow connected).

• I tend to see at last two other ships around most of the time.

• Empty server? How nice. If I were on a voyage seeking crew that can rapidly complete voyages, I would prefer an empty sea.

Here's a Reddit post with TONS of chests of a 9hr adventure.
    9 Hours, 130 Chests, 15 Relics, 30 Skulls, 8 Teas, 5 Spices, 5 Silks, 2 Sugars. 3 Stronghold Chests/Skulls

• It varies.. the time I see the most ships is when I’m near an active skull cloud. Yesterday I had a big 4 ship battle around the island (3 galleons and a sloop).

But other times I can go hours without seeing another ship. But those tend to be times when I’m working on my quests and avoid skeleton forts.

• @puck269 said in empty seas. no ships on the horizon:

It varies.. the time I see the most ships is when I’m near an active skull cloud. Yesterday I had a big 4 ship battle around the island (3 galleons and a sloop).

But other times I can go hours without seeing another ship. But those tend to be times when I’m working on my quests and avoid skeleton forts.

I recommend going to empty forts to collect powder kegs to sell or use on tougher solo missions. They are also good to use on other sloop pirates who tend to fight you for no reason, plant one on their ship and it'll put a bunch of holes in it instantly.

• @elmarrio lol some people complain that they can't play because other ships keep attacking them.
    In my experience some times I don't see anyone and some times there's always one or more insight. the other day I was going west of the map to east and in the middle of the map to my left there was to Gallys fighting each other and on my right a sloop going about it's business and one docked at an outpost

• I have noticed today that they seem to be less people playing but quite a few of us have been expecting the servers to die within the next few weeks I guess its happening faster than we thought.

• @pilks4k said in empty seas. no ships on the horizon :

I have noticed today that they seem to be less people playing but quite a few of us have been expecting the servers to die within the next few weeks I guess its happening faster than we thought.

Yup.

That's a thing that happens every monday.

By the way, if there's like 20-50 people by map...
    ...and considering an instance is created when all other instances are full...
    ...could it be that there is less than 20-50 people playing today for you to notice it?

http://cdn1.alloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Kristen-Bell-R****r-Madness-youre-so-smart.gif

• @thejolirouge said in empty seas. no ships on the horizon:

@pilks4k said in empty seas. no ships on the horizon :

I have noticed today that they seem to be less people playing but quite a few of us have been expecting the servers to die within the next few weeks I guess its happening faster than we thought.

Yup.

That's a thing that happens every monday.

By the way, if there's like 20-50 people by map... could it be that there is less than 20-50 people playing today for you to notice there is less people?...

http://cdn1.alloy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Kristen-Bell-R****r-Madness-youre-so-smart.gif

Could you explain that last sentence as it makes no sense lol

Normally getting into a full crew using match making is as fast as click set sail today its taking 3-4 minutes to match a crew when in game we would normally run into a ship every 10 min today I saw 1 ship, yes it could just be monday blue's and server issue's making match making take longer but I think its more that people are getting bored and quitting.

• @thejolirouge Maps are limited to 6 ships, so with 6 galleons, that is 24 people tops. If you have sloops that are solo manned, that's 6 people. So yeah, no 50 here because 50 would be 12 ships, which imo would be a lot better.

Views
9 out of 16