What is in a name?

• So I was sailing the other day with my first mate, and she noticed something she apparently had not scene before. She saw @Taydoge-Swift 's name at mermaids. She asked me what is this all about and what does taysomething mean. When she said it I got confused as she didn't pronounce it the way I would. So I wondered over and took a look and laughed, telling her who Tay is and that it was Rare's way of showing homage to some of its original players. I then took her to the rock with someone else's name scawled on it on the same island. Told her that I have come across @Musicmee and other names throughout my travels. She agreed that it was pretty cool of Rare to do this.

But then she hit me with a question I never really considered. Well, a question and a comment. The question was simply, how do you get your name in the game like this? Do you have to be a founder or pioneer or something? I could not answer this other than to say that I only recognize a handful of the names I see, but every time I see them I know that they were a big supporter of the game at some point or another. Then her comment was "you want your name in game don't you?" to which I of course said who wouldn't? LOL

So I guess my question is, does anyone know, do you have to be a founder or pioneer for that recognition? And does anyone know how they are chosen. I do recognize some of the names such as Tay and Music and Katt and a few others, but many I don't. So I am curious how that is determined and what are the standards that have to be met?

Views
  • @nofears-fun Ahoy matey!

I know I got mine for my early work in the forums and my Wanted Poster Generator. It was an honour and a massive privilege to have been chosen by Rare to have my Gamertag placed in the game, still makes me feel all weird to think my Gamertag is in the game.

There is a cool thread below tracking all the reasons that all the current easter eggs have been placed in the game.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/16959/making-our-mark-official-list-of-community-influence

I know there are plans afoot to add more so Rare are always watching and listening out for cool, inspirational and funny reasons to add more easter eggs to the game.

• @musicmee As always sir, you are a scholar and a gentlemen, errr, at least an honorable pirate....

• @nofears-fun
    There are no rules or no special achievements to become an Easter Egg.Some people have been chosen because they did something unusual in the Alpha's , some were chosen for their involvement in these Forums or Xbox clubs...For exceptional deeds during playing or just for their personality , there was even a guy that got chosen because he was a complete fruitcake that couldn't even write , but i forgot his gamertag...It's simple, Rare decides , you can't ask them, you can't bribe them but if you get chosen then you will experience a feel that is simply impossible to express in Words...All these players cherish their Easter Egg with Honour, Valour and Pride...That's for sure...

Views
1 out of 4