Stuck On "Checking for fake Coin"

• Not sure if this is the correct place to put it but, Im trying to load the game for the first time today and I can not get passed "checking for Fake coin" in the main menu. I understand that Xbox had some sort of issue today but I am a PC player so I am not sure whats going on. Iv tried everything short of Uninstalling/Installing.

Views
  • I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything I can think of short of uninstalling and re-installing like you.

• Same issue - not sure what to do

• I just unsubscribed from xbox pass and will be looking for a refund.

• After about an hour and probably close to 30+ attempts I was finally able to get in. But im not sure if i got lucky and it sorted itself out or if this is a one time thing. And since it seems like its not just me that's having this problem hopefully a mod/dev can get wind of this a check out the issue.

• Same issue, but only been trying for 15 minutes. Restart of PC did nothing. I might try reinstall.

• @i-andrew-22-i I have a team mate that says he was having the same issue earlier and was able to resolve the issue by restarting his PC. I tried that too, and now instead of just sitting on the "Checking for fake coin" screen for an infinite amount of time. It now gets stuck at "Checking for fake coin" for about 1 min and then the game closes.

• @arkigos dont reinstall your wasting your time its on their end

• Guys, it's not the game.... it's Xbox services are currently having issues. This has been an issue before, use the search function. https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

• Are all of you on PC as well or is this happening on both platforms?

• @pixiedust423 thank you - i tried restarting several times but no change.

I swear all of my coins are real!!

• @haywoodchublomy sucks to be them because im not paying for this.

• GUYS! THIS FIXED IT!
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Seaofthieves/comments/aljv16/resolution_stuck_on_checking_for_fake_coins/

• @i-andrew-22-i HAHA! I'm sure your coins are fine. From the sounds of things, it seems as though it's on their end and you just have to keep trying to log in. Maybe you will get lucky. Maybe not.

• Found a fix on reddit - Ctrl Alt Del to bring up task manager. Highlight Sea of Thieves - Drill down into "more details" and end the task(s) for "runtime broker"

Then click back into Sea of thieves. This worked for me

• @arkigos didnt have to do this when I logged in, and why would I pay for something I have to fix on my own?

• This issue is still going on for Xbox. Any update on a fix? All live services are up except purchasing and downloading purchased content.

• @xi-hysteriia-ix its happening to me right now im on xbox and ive done everything its getting frustrating i just wanna get my grind on

• This is also happening to my wife and I. On both PC and Xbox. Shutting down runtime worked for PC issue but still haven't found anything for Xbox.

• @half-lyfe1 this sucks i hope they fix it soon

• @arkigos This worked for me. Thx much

• Ive been sitting here restarting and doing it but it just not working please fix

• There even having a half of sale on the game like this is making the game look so bad when its not

• @blaze187homie said in Stuck On "Checking for fake Coin":

I just unsubscribed from xbox pass and will be looking for a refund.

ok, don't know what this has to do with the post.

Views
1 out of 25