The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour

• I've been holding on to this for a long time, and after seeing @TheAaronLeigh Drunken Jolly Roger, i got a very tattoo vibe.

do any other pirates have good designs, either on paper or skin??

Fierce Mermaid

Views
    community
  • @CaptnJaq this reminds me of a Noon wraith from witcher 3. It looks awesome.

• My tattoo.

alt text

• Only thing about my ink, so far, that has anything to do with sailors / pirates is: none of them have been done professionally and there was liquor involved.

2 - a friend's livingroom
    1 - while camping
    2 - my kitchen

• @xDILLIGAFx1974 said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

Only thing about my ink, so far, that has anything to do with sailors / pirates is: none of them have been done professionally and there was liquor involved.

2 - a friend's livingroom
    1 - while camping
    2 - my kitchen

Wait a minute, there are professional tattooists out there? All tattoos are not just done with pen ink and a sharpened paper clip?

• I am one of the few people I grew up with that never got a tattoo, but only because I can never make up my mind. I have the same issue in games. I have delayed starting a game because I could not bring myself to commit to a certain look in the character creation. Its an issue but drinking helps.

• @Runic My buddy that did a couple of mine had professional gear, but wasn't licensed. He just got out of prison (for doing illegal tattoos) about 4 months ago.

• @xDILLIGAFx1974

I'm don't think you need a licence to tattoo in New Zealand. Technically we don't even have an age requirement to get a tattoo. I guess because tattoo's are such a cultural thing here.

• Some of my sketches in the Flags and Ruins post might make decent tattoos. Anyone who likes one, feel free to use it. There's a crab sketch and some tribal stuff.

I'll try something new and piratey this week, if I can find me rum.

• @Runic Haha same issue here. I actually tattoed other ppl professionaly for some time but never got to get one myself since i can never make up my mind about what I want...always starting a design then throwing it away to start another :P As for gaming I get that with the name of my character can spend hours deciding and then after I find a name I still don't like it....

• @Runic said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@xDILLIGAFx1974

I'm don't think you need a licence to tattoo in New Zealand. Technically we don't even have an age requirement to get a tattoo. I guess because tattoo's are such a cultural thing here.

I'd love to make a worldwide trip getting inked in traditional methods from around the world... Japan's bone tapping method, Maori, etc. There was one I saw awhile back where they would take a bone needle with a string, using animal fat and ash, for the pigment and sew the designs though the skin. Painful, but actually rather cool.

• Got my first tattoo at 40 and it was my pirates name and guild.
    I know... a bit mad but it reminds me of what a cracking time I had.

• @lizalaroo said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

Got my first tattoo at 40 and it was my pirates name and guild.

I'm tempted to get a tattoo. I'm very indecisive though. I like raccoons, so I was thinking a mean looking cartoonish style raccoon on my shoulder, but that might be lame. Haha.

• I've got a good amount of ink but not any that are pirate inspired - at least not yet. I've been really wanting to add a nautical themed tattoo to what I've got (and actually wanted to do this before I joined Rare or even knew about SoT), but just can't settle on a design or a location. Alas.

• @Alymon A racoon pirate maybe xD

• No pirate tattoo's...yet. Got a few dragons, a 9 ball rack, the number 13, and a tribal spade though. Pirate theme may be my next one though.

• @Alymon said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@lizalaroo said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

I'm tempted to get a tattoo. I'm very indecisive though. I like raccoons, so I was thinking a mean looking cartoonish style raccoon on my shoulder, but that might be lame. Haha.

If Guardians of the Galaxy taught me anything it is that a raccoon on your shoulder looks cooler than I would have presumed.

• @Runic 'nuff said..

• @valkyr13x A simple start for a nautical theme tattoo could be anything from a nautical star (compass with the 8 points) or even a swallow. Getting it started is the hard part. One the basis is there, it's easy to "see" it grow into something else.

• So legit. No one has any tattoos to share? I'm the only one?....

Let's see some ink people.

• @xDILLIGAFx1974 Yeah, this is was another part I forgot about but had definitely been considering. I wanted a nautical star/compass, ship's wheel and an anchor to be incorporated together as well. Too many ideas!

• @TheAaronLeigh said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

So legit. No one has any tattoos to share? I'm the only one?....

Let's see some ink people.

Is this a request for "pirate / sailor" ink or just ink, in general?

• @xDILLIGAFx1974 Hang it, ink in general. I love tattoos. Wanna see what ya'll have. Pirate or not.

• @Runic said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@Alymon said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

@lizalaroo said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

If Guardians of the Galaxy taught me anything it is that a raccoon on your shoulder looks cooler than I would have presumed.

That's the other thing that concerns me... If I do end up going forward with some sort of raccoon design, I don't want people to think it was Guardians of the Galaxy inspired. But that is a good place to start for inspiration on the design.

• came across this and got reminded of the game two-fold
    oolala

• So I have a thought now... to make my raccoon idea pirate-y.

Jolly Roger basically... crossed swords with a raccoon face (light on detail), instead of skull and crossbones.

Saw this and it gave me the idea... but not in love with the sword style exactly:
    alt text

Seriously considering this now... left shoulder would probably be where I would do it.

• @Alymon said in The Good 'ol Pirate Tattoo Parlour:

So I have a thought now... to make my raccoon idea pirate-y.

Jolly Roger basically... crossed swords with a raccoon face (light on detail), instead of skull and crossbones.

Saw this and it gave me the idea... but not in love with the sword style exactly:
    alt text

Seriously considering this now... left shoulder would probably be where I would do it.

how about this? sorry for the roughness.
    skullyraccoon

• @CaptnJaq It's cool. It's reminds me a little of the cave art style for the kraken in the trailer.

I may do something small and simple first to make sure I can handle a bigger design on my shoulder, but not sure yet.

• @Alymon i know you wanted something simple ..lol@self.. as if this is a commissioned piece lol.. but i was looking at the sketch i did on the raccoon. i it seemed naked w/o the swords.

i kept thinking Rocket and GOTG.. so i played around with Rocket's guns and tried simple. here's the sketch of a "dagger" ;3

rocketsdagger

• @CaptnJaq Haha, that's very cool looking.

I do have a friend that does a bit of art that I am going to chat with. I'm thinking 2 crossed cutlasses with a basic raccoon face above.

And I'm going to take this opportunity to show off the art she did of my dog (yes, I'm obsessed with my dog):
    Einstein's Facebook
    alt text

• No takers for SeaCred ?

• @Alymon she's good about the face :D you MUST show us the finished product ;'D

• @Runic Yeah, I think if you happen to be under 18 you might need parent or guardian approval but other than that, when they do sign the sheet you are able to ink your self up. I got mine after i turned 18 but i know a few mates in high school that got some cultural designs when they were like 16 - 17

• So I sketched my idea and grabbed a few images online to try to give an idea for my friend... no end product yet, but I felt I had to share my artistic "talent". Haha.

So left is my "drawing" in MS Paint. The paler raccoon to the right is what I am thinking the top would look close to. The swords would be a clean, properly drawn version of what I did (similar to the swords you see there, but I like the full hand guard). The proportions would be like the bottom right.

alt text

• @Alymon, but by the end your friend will re-sketch and you'll bring that to the parlor?

Views
community
1 out of 172