New Forum Ranks?

• This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know what these new forum names/ranks are?

I’ve been seeing everyone has like sailor, captain, master, etc. under their names now.

I must have missed what ever post or update this was talked about in. Just wondering.

Thanks!

Views
  • @oroku They are awarded for “Days spent at sea.”
    Which means each day you log into the forums, it counts as a day at sea.
    So the more you log in the higher your forum rank will be. :)

Castaway / 0-7 days
    Sailor / 8-14 days
    Rogue / 15-30 days
    Seafearer / 31-90 days
    Ship Mate / 91-219 days
    Marauder / 220-485 days
    Master / 486-728 days
    Captain / 729-1019 days
    Commander / 1020-1325 days
    Lord / 1326-1657 days
    Legend / 1658-1988 days

You can check how many days at sea you have on your profile.

Here’s the thread:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/95906/introducing-our-new-forum-ranking-system-days-at-sea/1

• Linkie to the post

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/95906/introducing-our-new-forum-ranking-system-days-at-sea

EDIT: Lol 2 posts at the same time!

• It only counts "logged-in" time, when your icon shows on the top right, if you get the pirate icon from session time out you have to sign back in.

• So, I'm a Captain, am I?

They've made their first mistake.

• This is a great way to weed out the people trolling on forum glad to see this personally

• Honestly? With how the days at sea were calculated, this title doesn't mean much except that someone joined the forum after/before you.

• @skulliah said in New Forum Ranks?:

Honestly? With how the days at sea were calculated, this title doesn't mean much except that someone joined the forum after/before you.

Can you elaborate? How did they calculate it?
    Did they just give you a day for each day you’ve been here since you joined? :)

• @knifelife said in New Forum Ranks?:

@skulliah said in New Forum Ranks?:

Honestly? With how the days at sea were calculated, this title doesn't mean much except that someone joined the forum after/before you.

Can you elaborate? How did they calculate it?
    Did they just give you a day for each day you’ve been here since you joined? :)

Yup, they just gave us the number of days since we joined the forum. Someone who took a 6-month break during this period still had their days counted. While it will now count the days you're logged on the forums, all the current "days at sea" don't mean anything except that someone joined the forum after/before you 😕

I explained the issue better here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/post/1148521

• @skulliah Ahh that actually makes sense now. Thanks, I get what you mean.

At least they still have the boatswains where they can add people to the group to show there thanks aswell.

• @knifelife

At least they still have the boatswains where they can add people to the group to show there thanks aswell.

Have you seen a single new Boatswain in over a year tho? The boatswain thingy died when K-bot left 😥

• @skulliah Ahhh yeah that is a good point. Who knows then aha

• Just seeing where I rank...

Edit: commander. Not bad, didnt think I'd posted much here.

• @skulliah said in New Forum Ranks?:

@knifelife

Have you seen a single new Boatswain in over a year tho? The boatswain thingy died when K-bot left 😥

Sad :(

• Yeah, we needs Ranks since we are all equal ...uhm...Wait i have to translate that line again , this doesn't make sense , i fear i made a mistake ...( * Oi , you stupid ,bloody , Foreign Moron, can you not see that ranks brings people together , just watched the Group page , waw , what an achievement , all those Groups on one Page , and all these People divided over those ranks , some even have 5 Titles and the best part is : they are equal to that Poor Pirate with one Title ...Yeah , right).

Views
1 out of 15