Belle, Legend of the Deep: May we see her one day in the game?

• Source: https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Belle
    So a lot of people may have not heard of this character but for this who were around during the early days of Sea of Thieves, as early as its announcement.

You might have heard about this lass here (VERY big image):
    belle

Now she has made a in-game appearance before in a pre-release footage as shown below:
    belle_hideout

Along with a statue which is at Rare HQ.
    belle_hq

Belle is quite an interesting character as she seemed to be the original Pirate Lord when the game was in development before Ramsey took over. It was speculated that she might have been his wife or she was the one who discovered it but the Athena's Fortune Novel debunked that entirely.
    (Plus in the pre-release screenshot, the place she sits in is now occupied by the Legendary Shopkeeper).

Still, it does make me wonder if she will ever make an in-game appearance as the chances are possible since it wasn't the first time a character who was a statue or merchandise became part of the game.

The Gold Hoarder was one of them before making his full appearance in the Shores of Gold Tall Tale along with his origins in Athena's Fortune (Novel).

Captain Flameheart was also the same case as Belle and the Gold Hoarder, and now he's the main focus as of the moment (even his skeletal form in the coffin during the Seabound Soul shares his appearance), he was even hinted during Cursed Sails.

Apparently there is a painting of her in the game though I have yet to find such a thing (possibly in the Arena lobby though I haven't checked yet).

Still, it does make me wonder if we'll ever get to see her make an appearance in the game one day, heck even her title sounds like a fitting name for a TallTale.
    Plus, like the Mysterious Stranger and Gloria, she has glowing eyes so its possible we might get that Revenant curse one day.
    (Perhaps even a chance to meet Gloria again too).

Aufrufe
  • @foxywiththemoxy Legend of the Deep..... Totally unrelated but, that's the title for the commendation for selling 50 fish as a Pirate Legend. That commendation always seemed like it was meant to be 500, not 50, lol.

Jokes aside, interesting character indeed!

• @foxywiththemoxy

Seems odd that they would create a full model for her in game only for it to go unused. I'm sure she'll have some significance later on. May have something to do with the expansion of Legend content

Aufrufe
1 von 3